“fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bendigo, Australia
“fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were a little nervous about our first trip outside
Aus but everything about his hotel was fantastic. The staff were excellent nothing was too much trouble. Business centre was excellent. The friendliness of everyone was wonderful and we made some good friends. Had an ocean facing room which was very clean and spacious with the aircon worked very well. The housekeeping staff were always helpful and never bothered us.Food excellent and I defy anyone to have a better breakfast buffet! So close to beach although we swam mainly in the pool. Shopping was great whether the front street or the huge centre next door. All restaurants excellent and good value. No hesitation is recommending this hotel. Would certainly stay there again...Thanks Dias and Antara and Windy

Room Tip: Found ocean facing rooms excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on our very first (very short!) trip to Bali. As we had never been to Bali before, we weren't sure what to expect staying in Kuta in terms of cleanliness, hotel standards etc.

Well let me tell you this hotel blew us away! The staff are absolutely amazing and happy to do anything for you. For example, when we arrived at our room we realised we had only been given one key card for our room, so the concierge ran all the way back to reception, organised another key card and bought it back to us. Everywhere you go in the hotel, from front desk to restaurant staff to gardeners- all the staff are so polite and helpful and smiling.

The pool was divine and we LOVED the pool bar where you could also order food. Being our first time in Bali we only ate at the hotel and the food was delicious- best pizza and prawn cocktail I've ever had! There is everything you could imagine for breakfast on the buffet. Im not a big eater but I definitely indulged on this trip.

Our room was gorgeous- bed and pillows very comfy. We had a deluxe room which was on the top floor (4th) and had a view of the beach. Housekeeping was fabulous and very timely.

The gardens are beautiful and every morning you can smell the hundreds of beautiful frangipanis on their massive frangipani trees. Outdoor areas are lovely. It truly is paradise.

The hotel is located right next door to an excellent shopping centre where you can get souveniers and shop in air con comfort. It is not AS cheap as the markets or Poppies Lane, but I found some great bargains and too be honest I would rather pay a little bit more and shop in peace without being harassed like they do at the markets. Stuff seemed better quality in the shopping centre aswell e.g I felt some ladies' wallets I bought at the centre were better quality than some I had bought at Poppies the day before, and they were only $5 more at the centre. There is also a Mini-Mart right across the road which was so convenient for us to get our supply of bottled water.

All in all we had a great time at the Kartika- it's got everything... Location, tick. Great facilities, tick. Excellent service, tick. Comfort and cleanliness, tick. Value for money, tick. Exceeded expectations, tick.

We are already planning our trip back for next year :)

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The room is not carpeted, which was ideal for crawling toddlers. The breakfast spread was fantastic, and I really enjoyed the theme dinner on Sat featuring seafood delights ranging from lobster to local fishes. The only downside abt the hotel is that we got woken up every morning at 9am, with loud knock, and the housekeeping team wld ask when they can clean the room. Normally, in most other hotels, housekeeping only takes place ard noon, or the guests cld hang a "pls make up room" card which were not available in this hotel. Other than this, the hotel is perfect

• Stayed October 2012
Mandurah, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We booked in to this hotel on the 25 october2012 this was a very long process,to the extent i became uneasy,the person in charge wanted to charge me in ruphia although on the web site we booked the deposit of 50% in usd however because the process was taking far too long,so i agreed to pay on my credit card the ruphia, which ment more charges on my credit card,we were then check in to a room on the 4 th floor where my wife was very unhappy nothing in the mini bar no towels in the bathroom bed barely made i thought here we are paying top dollar for a five star hotel but receiving 2star treatment,we complained and were moved to another room where the air con did not work so we were sweating in bed every night for 6 nights we also had a night club near by that kept us awake until 4am we had people look at the air con several times but no fix on night six we complained very load and they agreed to shift us to another room but that took a whole day so we had a reasonable room for the last 4days of our 40th wedding anniversary never again will i book in to this hotel . never stay on the right wing as you walk into the foyare you will be sorry if you do

Room Tip: do not stay in the right wing
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

we stayed here for 10 nights to attend the tenth anniversary of the bali bombings.the staff were extremely helpful as i am disabled and use a wheelchair. the breakfast buffet was second to none - fantastic !wonderful location, both close to the shops and beach.fantastic for sunbathing.beautiful grounds.thank you anastasia and staff, we will be back.

Room Tip: rooms are suitable for disabled travellers.ramps everywhere to use.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

As a travel agent I was unsure about staying in Kuta as I prefer staying in Seminyak however, I was invited to experience DKP by the sales department to experience their hotel… I am not to keen on Kuta anymore due to the craziness and in-your-face tactic’s of the locals trying to sell me something.

I was put in the deluxe room over looking the gardens and breakfast area, the room was spacious & modern and very clean… this room type was more than adequate for me however they do have ocean view and suite rooms. Great pool with a large swim up pool which is always important to me personally, also there is a sunset gazebo bar over looking the beach which is fantastic for the sunset with local musicians playing known covers and/or Indonesian music.

Food was good, I enjoyed the room service menu however the breakfast buffet can be pretty chaotic if the occupancy is high.

What did I enjoy mostly about this property? I must say that staying at DKP I didn’t feel as though I was in the Kuta district until I stepped out, locals can’t haggle you unless you step out of the property, Centro shopping centre is next door for all your shopping needs with quality clothes with price tags not the haggle….. Other bonuses, Waterbomb Park and the Bubba Gump Shrimp Factory are just up the road a bit.

Definitely recommend this property for families, couples and short stay solo travellers!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been coming back for many many many times over the years and it never fails to give us that comfy cosy feeling.

The breakfast is the best we ever had eventhough we have stayed in other 5* star hotels in Nusa Dua as well, the variety never gives you a dull moment and each morning you just don't know which to choose.

Location can't be better, whether it's strolling along the beach or dropping in to the mall next door or have a walk along the many shops.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!