“ken and lesley mandurah” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kartika Plaza, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 189 Hotels in Kuta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mandurah, Australia
“ken and lesley mandurah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just got back from another awesome 2 weeks in Bali. We stayed at our favourite hotel Kartika. The staff were fanatistic as usual. Special thanks to Windy, Bintang, Made Superani, and all the pool guys. The entertainment on the theme nights was better than ever. I hope next year your do a half day cooking class with a trip the the markets !!. The standard of cleaniless is second to none. All the staff go out of there way to make sure you are looked after. Sure this is not the cheapest hotel in bali but worth every penny. My wife and i have stayed in plenty of Bali hotels but Kartika is now our second home. Food prices eating in the hotel are competitive with outside resteraunts. The only thing they could do better is the drink prices they are over the top.

Room Tip: Ocean facing
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel many times,all the staff are very helpful & friendly,especially the pool staff.They always remember your name.The theme nights they have the food is excellent,& not much dearer than eating in restaurants outside the Hotel.The rooms are comfortable with all the things you need for a stay.It is close to the airport which is convenient as the traffic is congested to say the least.Looking forward to my holiday at Kartika next year

Room Tip: I have stayed in many rooms at the Hotel & all are good, but I do have my favourite which I stay...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

my wife& i had tremendous holiday in Bali we were made so welcome our tour guide Alon from destination Asia was top class in his freindship & open knowledge of all aspects of culture & places that would suit us on our holiday Staff at the Kartika hotel were of top class for manners & helpfulness .We would not hesitate to book this hotel & guide again on our next trip to Bali next year .Carol & John W.A Perth

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms over looking pool area & gardens very sunny & quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We have just enjoyed our sixth stay in Bali, we have made our comparisons at three other hotels of the same standard but continue to return to Discovery Kartika. Our recent holiday saw us staying at Kartika for the third time, it is hands down our favourite place to stay.
We have stayed with teenage kids & we have stayed on our own. Every time we have thoroughly enjoyed the consistent standards of this hotel. We do make a point of getting to know the staff, especially the team at the pool bar. Everyone is so lovely & nothing is too much trouble. The staff are all very good natured & you can have a lot of fun with them. The breakfast buffet is one of the best we have ever had, always fresh & plentiful. The restaurants have theme nights several times per week, these are all delicious & good value as far as hotel prices go. The location of this hotel couldn't be better, absolute beach front within a short walking distance to Discovery Shopping Mall (next door), a huge choice of restaurants, local market shops & Water Bom Park. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kangaroo Flat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I don't see how people can write a bad review of Kartika, we stayed there for 7 nights in early August and I can't say enough about it. The staff were friendly, especially the guys at the pool bar and the pool attendants, they were just fantastic. The breakfast was second to none, such a variety and fresh and tasty. We stayed in an ocean facing family room and it was absolutely beautiful waking up to that sight, the rooms were clean and very spacious and as we had other family members in other rooms , I could see their rooms were the same,
Great job Kartika , we will definately be back .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maroochydore, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Close to the airport, right beside the big shopping centre. Walk outside and across the road is convenience store. Staff are friendly and very helpful. The resort is clean, and the best spa ever. I did visit it 3 times in the ten days I was there. I would have went every day but I had to shop!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe room which is great for a couple. Cost friendly and a lovely room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hiroshima, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I spent one night at Kartika when my Cathay-Pacific flight was cancelled and the airline put my wife and I up there.
It was not a place I would have chosen, however, it was late and that's where we ended up.

The night we stayed they had a buffet dinner with live entertainment -- the best I could describe is cheesy, budget cruise ship (including a local rendition of Y-M-C-A).

Pro's
- The first impressions are good in the lobby and the pool area.
- The staff was good and worked hard for us.
- The grounds were OK and the pool looked good.

Con's
- The room was dated and worn.
- The bathroom had a constant sewer smell.
- The dinner and breakfast buffet was plentiful but marginal quality.
- The music from the live entertainment went well into the night (after 11PM).

Summary -- If you are looking for a budget location, close to the airport and on the ocean, this one is ok.

I gave it a below average rating, based on my expectations, which put more value on the experience and the quality of the food and lodging than the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!