“Great for kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Dynasty Resort

Save Saved
You added Bali Dynasty Resort to your Saves list
Bali Dynasty Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Kartika Plaza | Box 2047, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
DELUXE HOT DEAL
Ranked #6 of 174 hotels in Kuta
Melbourne, Australia
“Great for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We recently spent 11 nights at the hotel. The room was lovely and the kids loved the oragami towel animals. Great activities all the time for kids. The rooms were air conditioned to a very comfortable level and this ensured we slept so well. All staff were very friendly and the kids loved the lifesaver and the leprechaun. The kids club was great and the adult pool beautiful. Cheap cocktails and food was good. Pool was very deep so a bit annoying and it could be upgraded around the pool area, but great location and great resort.

Room Tip: Garden room was quiet but close enough to pool
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I was pleased to read that your stay with us was enjoyable, in particular the kids activities, well-priced food and beverage as well as the comfortable room with AC. However I also noted your feedback with regards to the main pool, I am sorry to learn that your felt the pool was too deep, however we have lazy pool where you can relax. Thanks again for your review and we shall look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

1,032 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Was way too busy, too many kids running around causing chaos, way too loud at night when trying to sleep. Good rooms though. Comfy beds. Water pressure in the shower is great...
Front desk was extremely helpful. Waterslide in the kids section seems like a great idea and the babysitting service was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on our resort. I apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the noise from outside your room. I have asked our security and duty manager to be more vigilant in patrolling particularly both in the early morning and late evening. We are reviewing the signage to remind people to keep the noise down. Despite the above, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the service from the front desk staff and appreciate the babysitting service.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

As a visiting travel agent for 4 days I had a wonderful stay here at the Bali Dynasty however, travelling with 2 other lads made it quite an interesting trip when the property is actually a family focused … we had a ball and met some nice people!

On arrival I was greeted warmly in a very large reception area and into me room which was large and modern as their lead in deluxe room… somehow I had views of the garden however there are deluxe rooms that face the pool (request this) I did an inspection of all room types and they are as is on the website, the Executive Suite took my liking so if you have that little extra $$$ ask for an upgrade on arrival and try your luck.

The restaurants served great meals at reasonable resort prices as expected for Bali, Lunch at H2O was enjoyed with traditional a burger & fries … was great! The Upper Deck above H2O is a great place to relax during sunset with a cocktail overlooking the pool, I also tried the Golden Lotus (Chinese Cuisine) …was a great meal, tried a few dishes I have not had in some time and the pricing was standard for any Chinese restaurant (…be sure to try their fried frogs legs! …yummo!)

Down stairs from reception there is a great Irish pub called Gracie Kelly’s … I wasn’t too sure how an Irish Pub would work in Bali however the walls are covered in great Irish memorabilia, you can’t smoke in the bar like most others in Bali but there is a smoking room. There was a band playing, strange to hear Irish music coming from the mouths of the Balinese… was good, watch out for the Glitter Green Midget!

Also where the Irish pub is there is a convenience store, Sen5se Restaurant where you can have breakfast as well as at H2O, and on Friday nights some of the locals set up a small market with the usual carvings, jewellery and paintings… I did check the prices and the haggle for costs wasn’t as bad as outside of the property.

I had a look at the spa and it was very clean, luxurious and tidy like all Bali resorts, the couples spa treatment room looked tempting…that’s if I had my girlfriend with me.

Location: 10 minute walk to Centro for real shopping (no haggling) … the quality is good there and there you can find leading brands, across the road from Centro is also Bubba Gump Restaurant and Waterbomb Park so you are close to everything.

There is more to this property, unfortunately I didn’t have enough time this trip to experience the all the Bali Dynasty….. I send hundreds of people here yearly and the property has clearly met all my expectations and I will continue to send them here.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade on arrival and try your luck!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel services and the facilities. Thanks again for your review and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Broken Hill, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My Wife and I along with my 2 kids (8 & 12) had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Bali Dynasty for our 10 night holiday this year..
The facilities were superbly presented and complimented by the wonderful and fun staff.
The rooms (Kids Suite) were beautifully presented and very very comfortable for the 4 of us..
The location is spot on with ease of access to all the great local shopping at your doorstep..
My kids had their hair braided, many many foot massages & all this was within the poolside area.
The food is excellent with different themed nights for all to enjoy...
This is one resort you can go too and feel safe, and have just the best time with you family or friends..
We have re-booked for next year... ..

See you all there poolside... :)

Room Tip: Bottom floor Kids Suites are just perfect for those families... Parents can sit on their little out...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to learn that you and your children enjoyed they stay with and feel safe, in particular that you enjoyed the Kids Suite and the food at the themed nights. Thanks again for your review and hope to see you again very soon!
Karratha, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

What an amazing place for families to stay. Clean rooms, excellent service and so much more to do.
From the time you arrive you are made to feel special. Greeted with a smile each day by all the staff nothing was ever to hard.
Excellent resort activities for kids, pool side massages, hair braiding and so much more.
We'll be back!

Room Tip: Go for the poolside view rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing you experience following you recent visit with us. I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff to be friendly!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I recently spent one night at the bali and based on what we experienced, we will definitely be back. The inviting staff made us feel comfortable and right at home, offering us a cool drink upon entering the hotel. The restaurant is wonderful and the food was fantastic, I highly recommend the the pepper pot soup with garlic bread. Our room was spacious with upscale furniture and decorations along with comfortable bedding. The place has a wonderful ambiance and is well laid out, I especially loved the blue room for relaxation and reading. Last but not least was the spa. I didn’t have a scheduled time but I was seen immediately (totally unexpected) so I didn’t have to wait and my technician did an excellent job! Needless to say I fell asleep during the massage… sign of good masseur.The staff, and I mean all of them, were extremely attentive to our needs, even offering a laptop so I could print our boarding passes while I waited for my toes to dry.We hope to return for a longer stay and will definitely refer the hotel to our family and friends in the United States and Europe. In the meantime, don’t change a thing.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I was pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us, in particular that you enjoyed the room and the spa treatment. Thank you for your commendations of the staff with whom you found to be very attentive with your need!
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Bali Dynasty is at the south end of Kuta. It'll take you a short walk to get to the busier part of Kuta beach but that gives you the option of quiet beach by the hotel or busy further down.
The hotel is for families and at the centre of it lies the pool area with fantastic slides and water features which kids adore. Pool bar keeps the adults hydrated whilst the kids tear around the place!
Rooms are clean - though ours smelled a little musty - and are a reasonable size. The main complaint for us was the noise from outside the room in the morning. The corridors echo to the sound of parents shouting for their kids to get a move on or families meeting up prior to heading to breakfast. Maybe we were just unlucky with room position but it put a stop to any chance of sleeping till later in the morning.
Breakfast was average and again, turning up towards the end of the service left you with staff more focussed on clearing up than serving you and little desire to refresh choices of buffet food. That said, it's not bad and maybe getting in a bit earlier is the answer.
If you're looking for a good value family orientated hotel in little Australia (Kuta) then this place is well worth a look. If you're a alone or a couple looking for a peaceful break then this is not the one for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have noted your feedback with regards to the unpleasant musty odour in your room, rest assured that we have addressed this problem. With regards to the noise at the corridors particularly in the morning, I have shared this with the security and the duty manager to be more vigilant with this situation and ask the guests to be more sensitive. I am sorry to read that you found the breakfast to be average and you felt the staff service was not to your expectation, rest assured that this will be improved. Despite the above, I was pleased to learn that in the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Bali!

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort? Share your experiences!