“A good fun resort with kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Dynasty Resort

You added Bali Dynasty Resort to your Saves list
Bali Dynasty Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Kartika Plaza | Box 2047, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #12 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Melbourne, Australia
“A good fun resort with kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

5th time Bali, 1st time Bali Dynasty. We chose the Dynasty this time as kids are getting older and are looking for more activities to keep them interested (4,6 and 6) and of course because the Dynasty can accommodate families of 5 in the kids suites. The pool area was a real hit and my kids went nuts. Yeah its busy but that adds to the fun and my kids easily make friends at the pool each day to swim with with. The room was spacious and clean and had everything we needed - it was garden view and we had no trouble with noise. My only feedback (which I left with the hotel) would be the food wasn't great at any of the establishments - Very basic and generally "unhealthy" and quite expensive. Breakfast is not included in kids suite pricing which means this is an extra expense every morning when all other rooms have it included. The resort also has lots of vouchers and conditions to get discounts etc - too confusing just price the food more appropriately and get rid of the vouchers.

Also a tip for those travelling with 3 kids -- you get 2 kids eat for free at breakfast - my 3rd was 4 so upon asking they agreed free for under 5 also. Hence I only had to pay for 2 adults each morning.

If you are looking for a resort with lots of pool fun, good massages, cheap cocktails, are travelling with kids and don't mind being surrounded by fellow Aussies this is perfect. Don't choose this resort if you want 5 star luxury, fine dining or quite time go to Nusa Dua!

Thanks Bali Dynasty we had fun - my kids LOVED it!

Happy Kids = Happy Life.

Room Tip: Garden View - ground floor - not as noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Bali Dynasty Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay and I was pleased you appreciated the room, the location and the fact that it sleeps five people! We try and offer good value in the resort at all times and although some people might complain the food is a little expensive at times, when comparing to similar resort you will find that we are more than competitive in terms of pricing and offer a lot of added value with free kids club,entertainment as well as a full free programme of activities going on daily. Glad you found the resort excellent and entertaining for your kids and hope we will have an opportunity to invite you back again soon in the not too distant future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went back to the Dynasty this time hoping to see the fantastic band that plays while your eating at the candlelite restaurant next to pool and yes they were there whoopee. I'm a muso/gym junkie so very fussy and it was awsum listening to beautiful harmony's and good muso's while dining in such surroundings. I booked last year and cancelled 3 days before my trip because I got sick and guess what? No charge and the person at reception even wished me all the best for my sickness and said "get well soon". I never forgot that and went this month Nov2012. I checked in at reception and for no reason at all got an instant upgrade to a much better room, whow the girls were wrapped..I went to the gym a lot while the girls just watched Dvd's $1(aussie money) or slid down the slides waiting for the huge water splash from this huge cup thing they loved (girls 13 and 14). The gym is adequate enuf cardio machines and weight machines no calves, hammy or ab machines but there's a smith machine, shoulders chest etc..and a tele to watch and I was on my own great. I think the prices of the restaurants are very very good as I dine out a lot in Perth and I dined out a lot in Bali...eg $17 for the roast buffet on a Sunday including the band, I had 4 bowls of soup yum.. I dined at the other restaurant pub for the ragers Gracie Kellys and got a bowl of onion soup with a big hunk of garlic bread in cost about 3 bucks and I got to watch a rock band all night. Room service was cheap great and quick...All the staff do everything for you they are hand picked I think as I cannot speak but very highly of every member..The room cleaners make you little animals out of towels every day and your room is left emaculate. We broke our door latch and they came a running and fixed it with no charge WHOW! most hotels would have a party charging you...The walk to Kuta corner where Mc Donalds is is about 20 minutes if your fast but costs 50 cents by taxi. You have no need to leave to Dynasty to dine but if you want theres at least 10 restaurants within 10 minutes walk....Also a massive shopping center maybe 10 mins walk with heaps of restaurants. Theres a money changer right out the front to the left behind glass doors use these people or the one at the hotel because we were ripped off twice by the clever magicians in the street(faster than the eye can see) even though they give you a receipt and count it in front of you...The security at the Dynasty is fan bleeding tastic, I used to be scared but no chance of a Bali Bomber getting in there beleive me, they check every entrant. I went with the girls and I would recommend it to any family and challenge you to find a better hotel for the price in Bali. Yes you pay for wifi but I have always paid for wifi and I find the price at the Dynasty cheap as we paid for 7 days. Dynasty is a fun loving great hotel for family's, if you want complete peace and quite and you are a winger maybe don't go there, but there is a section at the top that lovers lie in this pool together and get drinks at this quiet bar together that looked fantastic..Ten minutes walk to right of the Dynasty is Carla Spa which is a very good massage parlour, at 6 bucks an hour plus hairdressers etc. I highly recommend this venue as we had a lot a young girls at other places that were useless and not honest like the staff at Carla Spa.. .Can't speak highly enuf of the Dynasty I'll shut up now..ps got an ice cream machine, a little deli shop...table tennis... games...a gym...4 restaurants...big pool ...kids pool ..slides..lovers pool ...and unbeleivable service.....Joy

Room Tip: Rooms around the are awsum to run out and jump in the pool but remember you won't get a lie in o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write such a lengthy review about our resort and it sounds like you are one of our many returnees! I am pleased that you continue to compliment our facilities and staff and I hope on your next visit you will try out our new spa! Thanks again and see you back again soon we hope!
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wonderful hotel to stay, on the beech has it own beech 2 mintues from your room. Wonderful view of indian sea along with landing path of Bali Airport if you are plane spotter. Extra security All round the hotel. Buy minimum half board for a value package. staff has attitude of " can do. Major down side you have to pay for inter-net. Lot to do on the island and very much for family holiday.

• Stayed November 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your experience at the Bali Dynasty Resort and I was pleased that you enjoyed the services from the staff. Its the first comment I have ever received about being in the flight path, since we are not ,and are located exactly 2 km as the crow flies North of the airport so the disturbance from flights is actually minimal. Despite this I am glad you had a good time and felt the resort offered everything for a good family holiday!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

WE stayed at The Dynasty during the School holidays with two parents and three children. We had adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor which worked out great. It was good do be a bit further up as can be a bit hectic on the ground. Pool was great and the staff were always joking around with the kids. Kids pool has a fab bucket and slide. Very family orientated and we used the tour booking desk which gave us discounts on some of our tours. Very helpful.

Food around the pool is ok and breakfast was great, but the restaurants are pricey and dissapointing food. There are plenty of great places around and if you need an easy night the hotel restaurants are find and cater well for children.

No free wifi which is a bit odd. You have to pay for a login and have to log in every time you want to use it.

Altogether great holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Bali Dynasty Resort, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the room and it's location and you found our Tour Desk to be happy in getting you some good deals on excursions.
I am sorry you did not rate the food very highly, normally we get very positive feedback with regards to the quality and value for money that we offer. I do hope that you will choose the Bali Dynasty Resort on your next visit to Bali as so many others do!
Blue Mountains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on 2 occasions in September 2012, the first time was on our way to Wakatobi and the second time was on our way to Lembongan.
Initially, I was reluctant about staying here because I am not really fond of places packed with small children. But the overall experience was much more pleasant than I envisaged. Lots of children, but at night they were quiet or out with their parents.
The rooms was clean and spacious and well maintained. There is a large variety of dining options with the hotel itself and it is easy to walk to numerous food establishments around the place.
Located close to the airport, this makes it convenient to get to and from the airport (after you get through the traffic jam in the airport grounds). We were picked up by the resort and taken to our hotel. You can easily walk to the Discovery Plaza and there are numerous shops trying to sell the usual touristy things along the way.
Try the fish massage in the downstairs area - have seen this before in Singapore but tried it for the first time here - ticklish but amazing.
Overall a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Get a room on the entry level, carrying a heavy bag up and down the stairs is not much fun.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our resort and for highlighting the great location with us being in close proximity to the airport and the shopping and restaurants.
I am glad you enjoyed our Fish Spa!
I hope you will make the Dynasty your stopover point on your next visit to Bali!
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in a Family Studio.
It worked perfectly with the 2 kids (1 & 4) in the front section & us in the main bedroom that was partitioned.
All in all you need to remember this is a kids focused resort.
It isnt modelled on the peace & tranquility of a private villa in Seminyak.

However, we found it quiet at late night (10 pm onwards) and the pool side restaurant we had brekky in each day was very good.

The kids club is fantastic & babay sitting service are the girls from that club.

All in all if you are looking for good quality accomodation, great facilities, can live with kids having fun & enjoying themselves by the pool & at the table when eating you will have a great time here.

It is in a brilliant location in terms of proximity to restaurants & all Bali's street culture has to offer.

Room Tip: Studio rooms are quieter than poolside rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post your review here. It is a little noisier during the school holiday period and it is an advantage in the Studio since not only are they off the beaten track (hence less noise disturbance) but they have the additional benefit of the partition giving more privacy between the parents and the kids sections.
Thanks for the compliments of our resort and in particular the kids club and babysitting services as well as the bars and restaurants!
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights (1-3 November 2012) during our vacation in Bali. It is very near the airport. We were checked-in to our rooms after about 15 minutes ride from the terminal. There are many restaurants near the front entrance of this place. An Indian, Thai, & Pizza joint at the door steps! The breakfast at the hotel is great!

The place was full of Aussie families with young kids enjoying themselves. They can be a bit noisy especially near the pool. If you want some quietness, I would suggest to get a room further away from the swimming pool.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the swimming pool are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post your review and for highlighting the great location of our resort which is close to the airport as well as within walking distance to restaurants, bars and shops as well as Waterbom park! I hope you will visit us again if you are in the area!

Been to Bali Dynasty Resort? Share your experiences!