“Lovely hotel at a very reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Ramayana Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Bakung Sari, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 175 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Lovely hotel at a very reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

At less than $400/week this hotel is absolutely brilliant.
Great location for the beach and shops with a short walk to the more lively bars.
Brilliant food in the on site Italian restaurant and a very reasonable breakfast buffet included.
Two good sized pools which were not to busy.
In all a great stay and I'd come back again :-)

• Stayed November 2013
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
DEAR DANSG60

Thank you for your great review of Ramayana Resort & Spa at Trip Advisor.

It is good to know that you have enjoyed staying with us, a hotel in the center of all the happenings, with great facilities and fine services.

Beside Aldente the Italian Restaurant, there are also the Gabah Restaurant featuring delightful breakfast and all day dining, Stadium Sports Bar, Blue Fin Japanese Restaurant, FlapJak and Seafood House Chinese Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramayana Resort & Spa on your next Bali holiday.

Best wishes
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mandurah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed for a week with a friend and as I like a firm bed - it was perfect sleeping every night. Some people may have trouble getting onto the beds they are on a raised platform - I felt like a queen. Lovely and quiet room facing the pool/gardens and a view of one of the attractions at Water Bomb Park lol. The breakfast was a good buffet selection of western and asian foods to cater for most people. The staff were helpful and friendly - when they weren't run off their feet, so busy all the time. The drinks were a bit pricy for Bali but not too over the top and I suppose you pay a little extra for the visual appeal of them - great Bar Staff make great cocktails. I was a little disappointed not to be able to use the Adults only pool & spa area. It was over looked by the restaurant and the street was always busy and noise transferred through (Kuta Square) so not that relaxing. The Spa was not full the whole time we were there and in fact a platform of some sort intruded into pool itself. Using the pool was not encouraged as there where only two recliners both without padding and both squashed into spaces beside draped (for a wedding type of thing) tables around the pool. We met some people who complained about little things - teaspoons and marked china but felt this was so minor why let it spoil your holiday, ask for a clean cup and a teaspoon. The restaurant staff were always happy to assist with that friendly Bali smile. The rooms where clean and would have been top standard when the hotel was built, so for the price we paid I certainly had no complaints about them. The location of the hotel, being right in the middle of Kuta was great - restaurants all around, supermaket/department store about 50m from your front door. All in all - a fantastic stay (not long enough :D)

Room Tip: Get a garden facing room to ensure you room is quiet. The cottages look divine - I stay there next...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Joanne F

Thank you for your extensive review of your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We really appreciate your time spent for this complete positive review....
Ramayana Resort & Spa is indeed located in the center of everything in Kuta, so close to all the interesting shops, restaurants and cafes....and it is only a 4 minutes walk to the beach, where you can enjoy glorious sunsets...

We have two swimming pools where our guests can relax and enjoy cold tropical drinks or the famous Bintang beers..where you also can order meals or light snacks from our restaurants.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your friends to Bali and of course to Ramayana Resort & Spa in the future.

Thank you again and with best regards

Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

While on a longer trip to Singapore with a friend, we decided to jet down to Bali for a couple days. We booked our airfare and hotel about 5 days ahead of time, but still got a wonderful price on this amazing resort!

We took a taxi from the airport, which was about a 20 min ride. Having never been to Bali I was a little concerned about the location and safety of our hotel. However, once the taxi entered Kuta, a high tourist area, I was comfortable. As the taxi pulled into the hotel, I was actually surprised. It was gorgeous! The lobby was a beautiful open air sitting area and the staff were super friendly. As we were checking in, a nice woman appeared with our "welcome drinks" (which were delicious.)

We were escorted up to our room and it was also lovely. We really wanted to stay somewhere that was a little more traditional than, say, a Sheraton or some large chain hotel. This did not disappoint. The room had traditional look furniture, with several comforts that we appreciated (like air conditioning and cable TV).

There is only 1 minor complaint I have: The power in the room is awarded when you place your room key card in the slot as you enter the room. When you leave for the day, you must take your key with you, which means there is no power while you're away. I.e. no air conditioning. So upon returning at the end of the day, the room was pretty stuffy- but it cooled down fairly quickly.

We ate at the hotel restaurant each morning, and 1 lunch. The breakfast buffet was fantastic! It had everything! There were more traditional "American" type breakfast food, which I appreciated, like pancakes, cereal, eggs, etc. And they also had several things, I was not used to but tried and enjoyed like congee, Indonesian rice dishes, and noodles. The lunch we had at the hotel restaurant was also super delicious!!

Loved this resort, and if I ever return to Bali, I would make Ramayana my first choice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Allierskine

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor of your stay at Ramayana Resort & Spa during your holiday in Bali recently.
We are happy to know that you have really enjoyed all the facilities and services we have provide for you.

As for our daily breakfast buffets, we do serve a variety of 'East meets West" dishes as we do have guests from many different countries.

Thank you for saying that if you ever return to Bali you would stay with us...
Thank you for the compliments which actually says it all.

With warmest regards
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at and I have been to Bali 21 times the hotel staff are excellent they help you out if you do have a problem and are so friendly, the hotel rooms are fantastic size, clean, what you expect when your on holiday and great location I would highly recommend the Ramayana and would stay then again and again it was just perfect I could go on and on,The hotel manager mr Bani was hands on at this hotel which you do not see at other hotels what a lovely man I have the upmost respect for him he is a kind and generous person he made our stay memorable Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou looking forward to coming back after the new year. Kind regards Andrea

Room Tip: We where on the 6th floor rooms 602 & 604 near the lift balcony overlooking the pool area rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your recent comments on the Ramayana and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback will spur us to achieve the desired standards to keep all our guests happy at the resort. We look forward to welcome you once again to the Ramayana in the near future.
With Warm Regards,

Bani V.S.Pillay
RM
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here during renovations, bit of a hassle, but we were very well looked after, the staff were fantastic, the location was perfect and I could watch the sunset from my balcony. The sports bar has a varied menu and cheap.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for the club rooms, they are amazing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gtzangel51

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor about our hotel Ramayana Resort & Spa, which is located in the center of Kuta, close to all the great shops, cafes, restaurants...and even the famous Kuta beach....

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Bali and Ramayana Resort & Spa on your next holiday to Bali.

Thank you again and with best wishes.
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is a good base for anyone staying in Kuta. I have myself stayed here once before 4 years ago and the quality of the rooms has definitly changed. The linen is cleanly washed but had a few stains on it, and the bathrooms are becoming slowly very outdated. It has the typical dark wood Balinese furniture which I feel personally is quite outdated these days.

The pool area is very nice, only problem was the rude 'frequent 70 years olds' who clearly are regulars to Bali and think they own the banana lounges. We had one incident after some kind people informed us... no-one has been on there for 3 hours, id go ahead and take the lounger.. to then a snobby woman coming back (clearly dressed to go out shopping) excuse me your on our chairs.. I then proceeded to explaining we have been told these are vacant and havent been occupied in 3 hours - she then got snotty and mumbled something under her voice and went off shopping out the front of the hotel... (I just dont understand - she wants to own the chairs and shes not even in the hotels premises)... I feel horrible for the Balinese pool attendants who dont stand up because lets be honest they are such kind and selfless people and people like that abuse the trust of the hotel.. There should prehaps be some rules in place, maybe a half an hour rule with lounger if unoccupied.
There was a well priced room service menu from the adjoining restaurant. Breakfasts were great for the price of the hotel with a great variety.

I recommend this hotel to any first timers to Bali who want to stay in the thick of it, its close to all the shops, bars and beach. For the price I cannot fault. It cost $219 for X3 nights through expedia. We stayed here after a week at the W retreat to get a bit of shopping done and meet some friends who were in Kuta before flying home.

Room Tip: Ask to be facing the garden side, we tried a city facing one night and it was awfully loud.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Melbournegal9

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor of your stay at the Ramayana Resort & Spa, which you also visited 4 years ago.

We do hope that during your stay you have noticed that we have made a lot of improvement in our Restaurant .i.e introduced menu items from different countries for breakfast, set up new exclusive Royal Kingdom dinner menu etc...and the gardens too have been rearranged for a better view...

We thank you too for your feedback about the stained linen, we have now asked our Housekeeper to make sure that only spotless linens and sheets are set in the rooms.

Sorry to hear about your incident with other guests at the poolside...During very high season, the lounge chairs on certain sectors of the pool are often used by our repeaters, guests who have been coming back regularly to our hotel for more that 20 years...
We have two swimming pools, and on your next visit we should be able to set up some lounge chairs for you there...

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ramayana Resort & Spa in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do for you from this side.

Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

How is that for a mantra. Well I reckon they have got it pretty darn right.

My wife and myself have been to Bali many times but this was the first to the 'Ramay'. It won't be the last and we are already telling our friends.

I have read with interest some of the comments made about changes at the Ramay and I admit I know nothing of its past. However, I certainly noticed Bani Pillay and was very impressed with the behaviour and presentation of the staff and the resort. If change was needed he is certainly achieving a heck of a friendly environment where nothing appeared to be forced - particularly on the faces of staff.

Bani's style of management is that of 'walking around'. Every where you went and/or turned around Bani was there, watching, encouraging and I would say, directing if necessary. He is certainly orientated to providing top class service and helping the guest (client) reach their desires.

The accommodation was spacious, clean and comfortable. As appears to be common in many Asian hotels and resorts the bed are 'hard' but as we have learnt during our travels, the odd dooner underneath instead of on top, softens up the 'mattress'. Breakfast was great and a wide variety of food was offered in a very relaxed environment.

House keeping was very good and kept up supplies and cleanliness in the room. The grounds are spacious and well worth exploring. There are lots of good restarunts, shops and stalls all
well within walking distance . Taxis are easily caught if you want to travel further abroad and the resort drivers are a great alternative for the longer trips or ' private self paced tours'.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
desirewithinreach, Resident Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Remlig, our Valued Guest,

We thank you for your comments during your stay at the Ramayana and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. These comments will surely help us to improve our services to our guests.

Yes, changes are taking place at the Resort with the objective of enhancing our services. We want to build an affinity between the guest and staff where it becomes a family like atmosphere. The resort, over the years has a large group of repeaters and long stay guest returning back every year or two.

Staff are being training consistently to improve their knowledge and skills in serving our patrons. My team and myself will continue to guide the staff to achieve the desired results.
This will take time but we are focussed on our goals. We certainly welcome input from guests like your goodself to provide us the feedback.

We get good reviews on our Breakfast servings and guests from the nearby hotels frequent the Gabah Restaurant for Breakfast.

Location wise, we are in the heart of Kuta, with close proximity to Cafes, Restaurants, Bars,
Shopping, and ever popular Kuta Beach which is just across the road. Coupled with the good service & accommodation at our Resort, this is what attracts the guest - all within reach.
There is no better place than the RAMAYANA RESORT when you are in Kuta.

We look forward to welcome both of you to the Ramayana in the near future.

Bani V.S.Pillay
RM

Been to Ramayana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!