“Okay stay at Ramayana” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Bakung Sari, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
“Okay stay at Ramayana”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days. The hotel is located in the very center of Kuta, which is a good and a bad thing. On the good side, it is a quick walk to the beach, however it is thru a tourist alley with people trying to push their wares. You can get to many different restaurants in the area. On the bad side, it is my very picturesque. Immediately as you leave the hotel's grounds, you are on the busy, smelly streets of Kuta. I did like the restaurants with the hotel (Stadium and Al Dente) because of their proximity and good Western food. I was there for Superbowl weekend and it was definitely the best place in Kuta to watch the game. The room was what you would expect for the price, not to say that is bad. I had a balcony which was very nice to sit and read on. There was a fountain below hug made it constantly sound like it was raining. The pool was alright. There was limited seating poolside during peak hours. The pool itself was deep, unlike most hotel pools. The bugs around the hotel I did not enjoy. In the pool you could see dead ones floating occasionally and there were little bugs in my bathroom crawling around. Overall, I would not go back. Instead, I would choose to spend more money for something more picturesque to take advantage of the natural beauty of Bali

• Stayed February 2013
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
February 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and very valuable feedback.

It is my understanding that you have gone through a few unfortunate situations about bed bug in your bathroom, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Kindly note that our Housekeeper have doing special treatment for the guest room on that time and improving control measures regularly in each room for the convenience of all guests.
Please to inform you that the other guests have stayed on that room and no more issue about the bed bugs.
I am sorry to hear about the negative issues the guest had to experience during their stay. Rest assured that they are isolated cases, which do not reflect the usual high standards of the resort. We have since taken the necessary action in order to address them and avoid any re occurrence.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Ramayana Resort and Spa.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My relatives and I made a trip to Bali during this Chinese New Year. Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. Everything was fine except one unhappy incident during checking out. The hotel wanted to charge me for several items which i did not use or consume.After much arguement and wasted time, my group was allowed to check out. The hotel needs to improve on its system on recording the chargeable items so as not to trouble and waste the time of those during check out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
February 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Ramayana Resort & Spa!

On behalf of the whole staff of Ramayana Resort & Spa, we would like to take a moment to thank you for your recent visit to Ramayana Resort & Spa.
We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction above. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Best regards,
Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Ramayana Resort and Spa looks inviting and friendly from the exterior. The staff was busy doing things or welcoming visitors and guests streaming into the hotel. My family and I stayed there for 6 days. One of the staff guided us to our room. I wasn’t too big or too small and it was just right. There was a big bed filled with many large soft pillows. There was a big LCD television, to our great joy because at home we are too busy to have a luxury of a TV. The bathroom was quite small but the design of it was really modern. It had a spotless bathtub, a clean shower and a large mirror in front of the sink.
The spa was very cosy looking. The people were friendly. I did a manicure and my grandmother did a foot massage. The way they did the manicure was very interesting and the patterns or designs they did were fantastic! It looked easy but it wasn’t. My grandmother talked about her foot massage all day. “It was fabulous,” she said. They had a little chat with us while they did the manicure.
There are two big swimming pools: one by the restaurant in the hotel and another one in front of the spa. The one by the restaurant has a Jacuzzi that is warm and bubbly. There is a mini waterfall too. Both of them are surrounded with tall green trees and colourful fragrant flowers. They leave different coloured ‘noodles’ by the pool for the children to play with.
I would really recommend this resort and spa for couples although there are many families in this resort. My family and I definitely had a wonderful and marvellous time staying at the Ramayana Resort and Spa. With its incredible amazing facilities and service I would want to return to Bali and this would be the hotel of choice for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
February 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Do thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us.

I am so pleased to know that you loved the all aspects of Ramayana Resort & Spa .
I will definitely share your great comments to all the staffs that will encourage them to keep continuing their good work and to always keep improving it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best personal regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

we stayed at ramyana for only one noght in kuta as other nites we wanted to stay at legian area for bar and clubs.
the hotel location is really good within walking distance to massage , shops, restaurants, cafes and icecream shops, well located and everything is very near,
the hotel itself is a bit old but the staffs are very friendly with smiles on their faces all the time,
the food is good but a bit overpriced considering other restaurants in vicinity,
the room is good with good mattress and good design with a balcony to chill,

• Stayed February 2013
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
February 13, 2013

Greetings from Ramayana Resort and Spa,

We are happy to be chosen as your preferred holiday Resort recently.

It is pleasing to hear that you had a most enriching and distinctive experience while staying with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of Ramayana Resort and Spa on your next stay in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you are looking for a central well priced, clean hotel in Kuta this is the place. Normally I don't stay in Kuta but for the price this has been one of the best stay's we've had in Bali. Close to the beach, shopping and restaurants and very inexpensive. Great pool for the kids. Bar staff at the pool could do with some training on how to generate more revenue by offering better drinks service around the pool but if you don't care about that just bring your own alcohol and drink it, they don't care. Lucky I'm not their boss!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
February 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your patronage at Ramayana Resort and Spa.

We are glad to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. At Ramayana Resort and Spa, we strongly believe that it is our duty to provide all our guests with a warm and high level of hospitality service throughout their stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We really look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during my first trip to Bali. This hotel looks exactly like the photos. The staff are wonderful, the hotel is so clean and tidy and room service is great. The breakfast was lovely and the bar staff were great. Fantastic drinks.The location is great, very central. 5 minutes to the beach, money exchange 2 mins away and main restaurant strip is 10 mins walking distance. Had a fantastic stay, and will be staying here in the future.

Room Tip: If possible, choose a room away from the road as it canbe quite noisy. We had to move rooms as it wa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
February 12, 2013

Dear Katie D,

It has been a great pleasure to have you with us at Ramayana Resort and Spa recently.

I am most happy to hear that you had a most enriching and distinctive experience while staying at our Resort.

The big family of Ramayana Resort and Spa look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the near future.

Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have stayed there almost 3 years Back. we actually booked our stay directly on the Hotel website and got a very good deal.

we got a very warm welcoming and the check in took hardly few minutes.

The Room size was OK, but the bathroom was a bit small; but it was very clean!
the Hotel is ideally located in Kuta, it is 2 mn walking distance from Kuta Beach. all restaurants and coffee shop are 1mn away.

we did not try the SPA, but in Bali you get excellent Massages at very good prices!

Balinese people are very nice and so were the staff of the Hotel!

we would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
desirewithinreach, General Manager at Ramayana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
February 6, 2013

Warmest greeting from Ramayana Resort & Spa

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.

I am delighted to hear you had a great time during your stayed in May 2012 ,I have taken great pleasure in sharing your great comment to all the Team.

We really appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Resident Manager

Been to Ramayana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!