1) Sunset view by the pool deck – there is something dramatic about the sunset in Bali… add in the view and feel of the infinity pool at the roof deck... the photo I took is what you get... picturesque Bali. I second Paultsams! Oh and one more thing… make sure you don’t blink. ;>
So for this alone it made our stay worthwhile thus am giving Mercure all the dots!
2) Room availability – not sure if we’re just lucky but we’re able to check-in even before 10am.
3) Beach across the road – a few steps and you’re right at the beach!
1) Bathroom -- Shower in the tub doesn’t seem to be attached in the right place… normally it’s by the length of the tub. Here, you’d find it along the width of the tub which made me a little disoriented. But I’ve seen other photos of the shower and this doesn’t apply so I guess it’s a matter of luck (again). For reference, our room was at the ground floor. As for the bidet, just be careful when adjusting the pressure… might hurt on the tushy!
2) Nightlife – there are nice places to hang-out nearby at night but if you are going for the disco bars, you might find the hotel a little far from these areas. Shouldn’t be a prob though if you don’t mind walking for about 20mins.
Other tips and details: hotel booking and tours
Booked directly through their website – availed of the hot deal (advance purchase, no refund) to get the lower rate of 68 USD a night. Hassle-free. We didn’t bother to add in the breakfast which was a good thing because our tour the next day (booked independently from the hotel) included a lunch buffet with a great view of the Kintamani volcanoes. Actually, there are lots of tours available which you would think they are all the same but when we bounced off stories from other travelers, we realized we had a great deal, the best deal than the rest we had chats with. This is not related to the hotel anymore but if you’re interested send me a note and I’ll tell you more about it.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kuta Bali Hotel Kuta
- Mercure Kuta Bali Hotel
- Accor Kuta Bali
- Mercure Kuta
- Mercure Kuta Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Bali's most famous beach. Surrounded by dining, entertainment and shopping Mall. 130 rooms in contemporary Balinese style, 2 bars, Restaurant, Roof Top's swimming pool, Spa, WiFi Access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, AsiaRooms, Tingo, Priceline, ACCOR, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Mercure Kuta Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.