This is our 5th time in Bali and 3rd time staying with Mercure Kuta Bali, a Twin bed was given to our friend even request had been make for a double bed due to they are honeymooner and we ended up giving up our double bed to them on our last visit couple of years back, so this time, we informed the Reservation team and the replied was "Noted on your Strong request".... :(
We choose this Hotel because of it location and a decent place to stay in, we had spent 6 days this time and will maybe, just maybe one more stay to see any improvement before we decide whether will this be our 1st choice whenever we come back to Bali
1) Breakfast staffs are very friendly, they greeted us with eye contact and smile, hot beverage was always topped up and used plates are cleared away quickly, although the lady at egg station forgot our orders for the omelette but it's ok, Kudos to the team
2) Pillows and Bed are very comfortable, Great!!!
3) As we placed Do Not Disturb Sign outside our door, my request for fresh towels at Reception was speedy sent to Housekeeping who sent them up quickly with a smile, Thank you as I really hate waiting for more than 15 minute for it
4) Housekeepers greeted us with smile whenever we walked past at the corridor :)
5) We did not use the pool this time but it is great with a fantastic view and feel ^^
6) Location is great with the beach, McDonald, Coffee, food stalls, massage and shops just steps away ...
Area which I believe can be improve:
1) Room was not ready when we arrived around 1pm, Receptionist should bring the key to us since I have told her that we will wait at the lobby instead of going out as she suggested, key was only given when I approached them for the status, was surprise when my request for 2nd key was declined, guess the key card must be very expensive
2) Hair dryer stop automatically after blowing my hair for about 1 or 2 minutes, have to wait for few minutes to have it restart again and again for another round of 1 or 2 minutes
3) Toilet bowl is very dirty, it is time for a brush
4) Ants found crawling on our bed, bedside table, vanity counter and toilet, even after fresh bedsheet had been changed, guess a real pest buster is needed
5) Pillow cases and duvet sheet was not change when we have our 1st make up room request on our 3rd day
6) We had paid for the package to stay in Superior room with internet included in Hotel, but upon check in, I was told that our booking is for Standard room and they have 'upgraded' us to Superior Room! (which of course I corrected them by showing our Hotel voucher, so please do have your copy in-hand) Internet code was given for the usage in the room, as my phone was battery flat, I explained and asked for the code to access at the laptop provided at the Hotel lobby but was told that I have to pay for it, isn't lobby belong to the Hotel since my voucher stated included in Hotel?!
7) Maybe you can consider to have a gym in the Hotel
8) Maybe can arrange something with a memorable stay or surprise for Honeymooner and Birthday guest
Our Superior room come with a balcony facing Reception, choose a higher level as it can be noisy at...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Warmest Greeting from Mercure Kuta Beach Bali…
We would like to thank you for choosing Mercure Kuta Bali Beach during your recent visit to Bali and for sharing your appreciation with us.
We are delighted to get your positive feedback and particularly value our hotel.
Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.
Your input has been well noted and taken into our consideration for our improvement.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again to Mercure Kuta Beach Bali.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.