“A little piece of tranquility” 4 of 5 stars

Warung Coco Guesthouse & Bungalows
Jalan Majapahit, Gang Soka. | Legian, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #20 of 151 Kuta B&B and Inns
Surabaya, Indonesia
“A little piece of tranquility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place was great. The staff were really friendly, even when I arrived at 2.30am. The breakfast was good, not just bread and tea but fruit and eggs too. It is situated near the pool. The pool itself is really relaxing. I had a room about 2/3 min walk from the pool area down some alleyways but it was so quiet and relaxing. I am not sure if it would have been too noisy by the pool. The bedroom was good with A/C and a fridge. For the price I paid it was a very good deal. The only downside is that is was a bit of a walk to the main areas but I didn't mind taking a taxi or getting a bike to meet friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
Uhersky Brod, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I just arrived back from my holiday in Bali and I need to say, good service, good accommodation, clean rooms and VERY helpful staff. You are right, English was not so good, but their service and willingness was nice. Rate price/servis was excellent including breakfast. Very nice and clean place to stay in rush Kuta….

Room Tip: Please, chcek the shower and toilet first, there might be problem ....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

If you have a pool facing room they are very nice...garden rooms not so much. About a five minute ride to the main Legian street so not too bad. Very nice pool area but TERRIBLE staff. Not very helpful and not very good at speaking english. Had a lot of trouble with our booking and they were not great overall

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
devon, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was delighted when I arrived lovely friendly staff and a great pool (hotel standard) . My room was nice , everything working and was cleaned daily. Staff couldn't do enough for you, everyday the manager would come over chatting and giggle with us she made our stay so much more enjoyable. Anything we needed we had. Breakfast is provided which is so good considering how cheap it is to stay there. Breakfast is scrambled eggs on toast , Indonesian style which is noodles and something else. You can help your self to as much tea and coffee as you like. If you need more milk,jam etc staff will kindly serve you more. I can't believe people have the nerve on here to complain about a free breakfast!!!

As for location it is 5 mins walking distance to the main strip, there is an alley way which leads out to Sky Garden the big night club.

A female traveller had a bike accident on another island arrived back to Warung as she was in shock and badly hurt. The staff had been so nice to her before she felt it would be the best place to go, when she arrived she found it was fully booked out. The staff bent over backwards for her made sure she was ok and when I seen how bad she was crying with nowhere to stay I told the manager she could share my bed. The staff were so grateful and managed to get a spare mattress.

I'm not to sure what people expect for this price? I like to stay in nice hotels normally ie Hilton's but I will continue to holiday here. I stayed for 1 wk then came bk again and stayed for another. As I missed it so much. I was traveling solo and met so many people there. Warung made Bali for me!!!!

Please go and stay don't be put off by a couple negative comments , you surely won't be disappointed.

Laura Horn Exeter

Room Tip: Book pool side room. I found all rooms were good as i kept extending my stay and getting moved aroun...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We booked the garden view room!
It's a 2-min walk from the actual guest house!
Rooms were just ok!
Ac wasn't working very well!
Some of the rooms were stinking
Pool facing rooms I think are better!
Breakfast is just bread egg!
Location s quiet!
It's a simple budget hotel!
The pics shown here are only of the pool area rooms!
Go there if you are a budget traveller and your requirement is simply a place to crash!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Negative :
At first, if you want to stay in central Kuta near beach, don't go here. It was pretty long walk to the beach, although they said it is only 10min.. The room smelled really bad, when there was no power and A/C didn't work for some hours. I think that a blanket in my bed was not clean, at least it smelled bad..

Positive:
Anyway, as a guesthouse it was worth of money. I stayed at a single room (with a refridgerator!), that was really clean and convenient. The room located a block away from the pool, but I liked it, because it was quiet and sleep quality was excellent. I preferred this location at Kuta, because it is pretty crazy out there near the beach. The pool area was great! Staff was joyful and helpful. I would recommend this place for relaxing and getting rid of possible jet lag and then continue your trip to some more social and central places.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Lovely little resort in Kuta. The value for money is excellent £12 including breakfast. Only a 20 minute walk too the main streets with the bars and restaurants. Evrythings clean with a wicked pool and beer thats priced the same as you would buy it in the shop. The main highlight of this resort is the staff. I had important paperwork that needed scanning and email'ing and the resort owner called up her younger sister who sat there for an hour and done it for me. When i offered her money she refused and said that a good review on trip advisor is more than enough. These are realy nice people!!! Highly recommend this place if you are visiting kuta!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Warung Coco Guesthouse & Bungalows? Share your experiences!