I am traveling around Asia while I write software for an Internet startup company. I can go anywhere I want. I planned to be in Bali for a few weeks and travel around, but this hotel was so good I haven't left Kuta yet.
I was staying at the Mercure, but they were booked out for one night, so I found this Ibis and never went back. I've stayed at another Ibis in Thailand, (that time also because the Mercure was booked), this place is definitely better than that one.
* Very clean and well maintained. You get everything you need, nice double bed, tea/coffee facilities, a TV with all major International channels and lots of Indonesian channels.
* Lots of storage space for a room of this size.
* There is a desk that is suitable for getting work done, sorting our receipts etc, which adds to the convenience.
* The bed is not as good as at the Mercure, but I
* You are a 30 min walk from Kuta beach or a 4 min taxi ride ($1.20) Sometimes I like to go for a jog to the beach in the morning and jog back - that round trip including the swim takes 30 min. The walk is actually quite nice, there are less tourists here so it's much more fun to walk down the street and before you know it you're turning left to Pantai Kuta
* The entire street is dotted with restaurants of every type. Local warungs, street vendors, comfortable Indonesian restaurants, barbecue places and right next door is an upmarket Chinese restaurant that does all you can eat dim sum for about $6.50 - and it's good dim sum
* You have a Circle K (like 7/11) next door so if you have forgotten anything you can pick it up there at any time of the day
* The airport is only 5-10 min away (around $2 one way)
* There is great Indonesian food and other Asian food in the nearby area. I only use the hotel for eating Western style food - and it has been pretty good. The chicken burger and chips is particularly good.
* The breakfast has a selection of juices, I love the guava juice. You can get eggs cooked to your liking, there are of course fruits, bread and cereals but the highlight has to be chocolate croissants. Everything is fresh and if something runs out, it's replaced immediately. You get the full breakfast till 10am but if you've had a big night you can still get a limited selection till 12pm.
* There is a small weights and cardio room, which is quite rare around here, and if you're around for more than 1-2 days you'll want it.
* Unfortunately there isn't a pool - but if there was it would be too good to be true
* The staff are very friendly and always helpful if you have a problem. For example one night I found that my AC didn't work very well - I thought it would be a pain to sort out, but within minutes Hari had sorted it out and helped me move to the room next door.
* What I like is that all the staff members take initiative to help you, if it's not their job they will find the right person to help you.
If you're traveling from overseas and you want a clean and comfortable place from which you can explore Kuta and the nearby areas this is a very good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Bali Kuta located at Kuta area. Convenient and easly accessible location. Inviting customers to live the right business and leisure experience. Ibis Bali Kuta features 156 rooms and is strategically located in Kuta area, only 15 minutes from the central business district, close to the Bali Convention Centre (BTDC Nusa Dua), Shopping Centre and easily accessible from the International Airport. The hotel also offers a restaurant, terrace area, bar, and health club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Bali Kuta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bali Kuta