“Came for a week stayed for a month” 5 of 5 stars

Ibis Bali Kuta
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raya Kuta No. 77, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #77 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Came for a week stayed for a month”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am traveling around Asia while I write software for an Internet startup company. I can go anywhere I want. I planned to be in Bali for a few weeks and travel around, but this hotel was so good I haven't left Kuta yet.

I was staying at the Mercure, but they were booked out for one night, so I found this Ibis and never went back. I've stayed at another Ibis in Thailand, (that time also because the Mercure was booked), this place is definitely better than that one.

Room:
* Very clean and well maintained. You get everything you need, nice double bed, tea/coffee facilities, a TV with all major International channels and lots of Indonesian channels.
* Lots of storage space for a room of this size.
* There is a desk that is suitable for getting work done, sorting our receipts etc, which adds to the convenience.
* The bed is not as good as at the Mercure, but I

Location:
* You are a 30 min walk from Kuta beach or a 4 min taxi ride ($1.20) Sometimes I like to go for a jog to the beach in the morning and jog back - that round trip including the swim takes 30 min. The walk is actually quite nice, there are less tourists here so it's much more fun to walk down the street and before you know it you're turning left to Pantai Kuta
* The entire street is dotted with restaurants of every type. Local warungs, street vendors, comfortable Indonesian restaurants, barbecue places and right next door is an upmarket Chinese restaurant that does all you can eat dim sum for about $6.50 - and it's good dim sum
* You have a Circle K (like 7/11) next door so if you have forgotten anything you can pick it up there at any time of the day
* The airport is only 5-10 min away (around $2 one way)

* There is great Indonesian food and other Asian food in the nearby area. I only use the hotel for eating Western style food - and it has been pretty good. The chicken burger and chips is particularly good.
* The breakfast has a selection of juices, I love the guava juice. You can get eggs cooked to your liking, there are of course fruits, bread and cereals but the highlight has to be chocolate croissants. Everything is fresh and if something runs out, it's replaced immediately. You get the full breakfast till 10am but if you've had a big night you can still get a limited selection till 12pm.

Amenities
* There is a small weights and cardio room, which is quite rare around here, and if you're around for more than 1-2 days you'll want it.
* Unfortunately there isn't a pool - but if there was it would be too good to be true

Staff
* The staff are very friendly and always helpful if you have a problem. For example one night I found that my AC didn't work very well - I thought it would be a pain to sort out, but within minutes Hari had sorted it out and helped me move to the room next door.
* What I like is that all the staff members take initiative to help you, if it's not their job they will find the right person to help you.

If you're traveling from overseas and you want a clean and comfortable place from which you can explore Kuta and the nearby areas this is a very good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
IbisBaliKuta, Manager at Ibis Bali Kuta, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Ankur,

Warmest greeting from Ibis Bali Kuta ...

Thank you for your review of Ibis Bali Kuta. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the service form our staff, as well as the facilities, cuisine, room.

I have personally noted for your comment and I will share this with my team members.
I would like to thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you in the future if you are in Bali.

Very Best Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I traveled to Bali in Augst'12 and me and my wife stayed for 2 nites at this hotel.
I could easily reach this hotel due to their strategic location at Kuta. Check in process was good, speedy and the bellboy was nice.
When we get into the room, i found an unique bath room with a cubical style.
The bed room was nice and we had enough space inside.
What i love most is the location, the hotel's surrounded by so many restaurant from indonesian until chinese restaurant, i had a lot of choices.
We've got what we've paid. A good brand new Accor Hotel, Good location, Nice room with a unique bath room, Good staff, and good price for sure.

Room Tip: Try to take a walk around Kuta area at the evening, Hunting food for dinner or supper.. Nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Surabaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife wife and my kids are very happy to stay at Ibis. Besides its staff hospitality they have a good, clean and spacious family room. It suit us, with 3 kids in the two bed room, it give us a complete experience.

Room Tip: For family with more than 2 kids, choose Family Room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IbisBaliKuta, Manager at Ibis Bali Kuta, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Balthazar_666,

Thank you for your review of Ibis Bali Kuta. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Very Best Regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is new Ibis hotel in kuta.
location is very strategic, next to airport, Joger, Krisna souvenir shop and many good restaurant around here.....
the room is good, but the bathroom is very small, just a shower inside.
Air condition is good, internet is free with password another speed is quite good.
the food is average and the restaurant is small as well....

Room Tip: nothing special
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IbisBaliKuta, Manager at Ibis Bali Kuta, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Mr. Fajar Atmajaya,

Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share this with my team.

Best Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when arriving late in the evening as it is close to the airport and affordable. It allowed me to allocate more of my budget towards resort style accomodation for the remaining nights of my trip where I would make more use of facilities such as a pool.

The hotel was clean, the staff friendly. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ibis Bali Kuta? Share your experiences!