“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Hotel Kuta

Save Saved
You added Quest Hotel Kuta to your Saves list
Quest Hotel Kuta
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kediri No. 9 Tuban, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly Quest Hotel Tuban)   |
Ranked #32 of 175 Hotels in Kuta
Jakarta
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed in this budget hotel twice this year. The location is very close to the airport, not more than 10 minutes. The hotel is relatively new and clean. I think the hotel is fit to people who look for an affordable hotel and spend most of their time going out exploring Bali. The size of the room just OK for you to sleep. The breakfast is basic, which I am fine with it as long as there is coffee, rice/noodle/bread, egg station, salad and fruit.
The hotel has the swimming pool but but no body swim maybe because it's too small. No fitness center.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and If you come back again, check out our hotel website for special deals exclusive to our return guests who book direct.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very close to the airport and good price for a budget hotel. Service is not bad at all. Great front desk staff especially for Dian who was very helpful and nice. Clean room and comfortable bed. Breakfast was not too option to choose from though.
Overall I would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Junior corner suite is good. Look for online deal.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us during your visit to Bali.Our room sizes range from 28 sqm to 113sqm. Perhaps during your next visit you might like to try one of our suites? We have one with its own Jacuzzi as well.Also we will extend your kind comment to our staff, Dian.
Taipei
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My family and I checked on Oct 22. Before that, I wrote two emails to the hotel requesting pick up service at the airport. on their website, it is said that this hotel provides pickup. However, nobody gave me any feedback about my request, even though I emphasized in my second email that please give me confirmation.

On Oct 22, when we arrived the airport, my family and I still looked around the pick up area twice but found nobody there waiting for us. I called the hotel and waited like 20 rings and nobody answered the phone. My family and I ( four people in total) had to rent two taxis to the hotel. On the price table of taxi service, it says that rate to Tuban is $45,000/ each but the guy of the taxi service insisted to charge us $55,000/each.

When we finally arrived the hotel, one of the receptionists ( I am talking about the one wearing braces. I need to point her out because others are friendly and nice.) was very impatient and rude. She actively, we even hadn't started asked about the pickup service, said that her friend went to the airport twice but did not meet us. I said I wrote emails twice but nobody replied me. At first, she said I did not write emails ( she even wanted me to show her the emails I wrote), but later she said the hotel got my emails. ( if they did not get my emails, how come her "friend" would go to the airport that day?) My brother then said that we called the hotel at the airport and that receptionist said their phone never rang that afternoon. It is ridiculous. We called by a cell phone, there is a record.

Besides, that receptionist did not wait me or my brother finish our sentences. She interrupted when we were talking and argued with us. This is very rude. I've stayed at many hotels in many countries and this is my very worst experience ever.

The AC of my room ( Rm 331) was very noisy. I could not sleep at all and called somebody to fix it up. A nice and friendly person came and fix it.
I found some hair in the bathroom.
the room slippers are dirty. I dare not wear them. I stayed there three nights and I only wear the flipflop I brought with me.

I understand that Quest hotel answers to reviews here. I just hope they don't give me answers like "five mins from the airport," " hope you come again, " etc.

I was not a member of TripAdvisor. But because of the bad treatment from the receptionist, I registered and make my voice heard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We apologized for any inconvenience during your stay with us and rest assured that I have personally followed up with the department concerned to ensure the better service for our guests.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived in Bali very late at night, and needed a place to stay for the night as we were leaving for Gili Islands the following morning. We picked Quest because it was close to the airport, extremely affordable ($45 for the two of us), and included a complimentary pickup from the airport, breakfast and wifi.

We weren't there for very long, but really enjoyed our night there. The staff were very friendly, and the room was extremely clean and tidy. If you're looking for affordable, modern, clean accommodation in central Bali, this is the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Yes we are just 5 minutes to the airport. If you come back again, check out our hotel website for special deals exclusive to our return guests who book direct.
Ubud, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel is quite common. Services are very bad, except the pool bar where he worked a friendly waiter. Rooms are clean and for one night can be OK. We only received an average service and a very bad Spa.
Review - only "Poor" because -
1. Upon arrival we were given a room for the disabled and, therefore, for me as I have almost two meters completely unsuitable bathroom. After we had already got another room, but we had more than two hours waiting for! New room was much better. By the second day they were unable to delivery us towels, but one night we endured. Unbelievable.
2. SPA in the hotel named Lavenda SPA on the sixth floor is a parody of the SPA. Very non-professional access masseuses who are still talking during the massage and did not do many times a massage. During the massage they were doing other things and I was lying on the bed many times for no massage! The whole massage was shortened by 15 minutes. We had paid package including massage 75min and bath 15min ( we got 60min masage and 7min bath!) What was our surprise of the tub is only one and we had to use one after another, and of course in some water. Of course together 15min , not 15min per person as we paid. Very uncomfortable attitude of the staff who had a massage knows nothing. Finally, we were very surprised that we were charged 21% tax, even though the flyer about it was nowhere information.
Massage was already terrible, overpriced and still plus tax, unbelievable!
Please do not be disappointed by the overpriced massage and better go somewhere else.
Overall review hotel is therefore poor, max for one night near the airport thanks to a free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind input and rest assured that I have personally followed up with the department concerned to ensure the better service for our guests.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a late flight into Bali and opted for a budget stay over for the first night. We were picked up from the airport and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. It was great value for money, the staff were very friendly and the free buffet breakfast was another bonus. Free WiFi with a good connection and a really nice pool setup made us consider this as an alternative for our next visit to Bali. All this for $50 Aud ....very hard to beat for what we wanted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice word to us.If you come back again, check out our hotel website for special deals exclusive to our return guests who book direct.
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Free pick up from the airport.Free Wi-Fi in all rooms and throughout hotel.Compact and stylish
Handy location, a ten-minute stroll to Discovery shopping mall and nightlife and just 15 minutes to the beach.Good restaurants.Many nearby satellite restaurants and shops.Hotel staffs are very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Quest Hotel T, General Manager at Quest Hotel Kuta, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for recommending our hotel! FYI,we offer a shuttle to the Discovery Shopping Mall where there are tons of restaurants, shows and shopping places for everything from clothes to dvds to jewelry and shoes.

Been to Quest Hotel Kuta? Share your experiences!