“Good budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Singapore
“Good budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

location wasn't that great. we had to travel long hours for most of the attractions but otherwise it's definitely a good budget hotel. rooms were nice, big and comfortable; and so was the service.
we didn't find the food all that great..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is their new property and we got a good deal through airasia.com, The hotel was one of the best hotels I have been to, The rooms are very clean with all the modern amenities . We were welcomed by smiling and friendly receptionists and made our check in easier , they were more than ready to help you / advice you. The staff were very courteous and go out of their way to help you out . The food was pretty descent with very limited options for Veggies..!
The hotel is bit far of from major places / beaches no restaurants around that could be one back draw which most of the people might feel, but for us we thought it was better to stay away from the hustle- bustle , you get taxis with reasonable cost which could drop you any where.
We had a early flight back to home, the receptionist ensured that they packed breakfast for us which was very overwhelming. This is an Excellent restaurant with a "human touch".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'll start off by saying that this hotel was generally good. I stayed for a week during a conference nearby (and so only used it for sleeping and breakfast) and it provided everything necessary and the staff were super friendly.

I stayed in a superior double room, and it had everything I needed (though I'm pretty simple) - comfortable bed, good lighting, A/C, TV, mini-fridge, and pretty spacious. A bit of a problem with the shower, as it tended to get most of the floor wet (only half glass wall), but nothing to really lose points for.

Breakfasts were buffet-style, mixed Indonesian-Western and good quality. Out of the 5 mornings that I ate breakfast there, I was only asked my room number (which I could have lied about) twice.

Location is not great. 15-minute walk to Kuta and 10-minute taxi ride to Seminyak. Majority of taxi drivers were not familiar with it, so I often had to tell them that "it's on Sunset Rd between Carrefour and Duty Free - big orange signs". Basic conveniences are located nearby, but across the motorway. Didn't bother me though, as my conference was a 50-60 minute drive in any case and I wouldn't have much time for going out.

Anyways, the PROBLEM occurred when I wanted to extend my stay for an additional night. Now I know in this day and age that everyone has a credit card - well I don't. I prefer cash and, when necessary, I simply share my girlfriend's who wasn't accompanying me on this trip. Because I preferred not to pay cash in order to save some for the trip ahead, and didn't have a card-in-hand to pay, I had to book online. Okay, fine, no worries.

I booked through the hotel website, as they offered the best rate with their 10% "bookdirect" discount. I came back to reception to confirm, and they said that they now needed the credit card to verify (though I already explained. Which of course is with my girlfriend. They said that they would need for her to copy her passport info, credit card (both sides) and fill out a form and send it back before I check out the following morning before noon. Regardless of the 6-hour time difference, this just wasn't going to happen.

I'm not sure if it stated on their website that the booking itself would not charge the credit card, and that the cardholder would need to verify with signature, but I didn't read the fine print - I just wanted to finish up some work and get a bit of rest. Their solution was to book with a different website (e.g. Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz) that charges the card automatically. Despite having to deal with this over the duration of an hour already, it was still fine - walked back to my room and proceeded to book with Agoda. Confirmed booking, confirmed with desk. Still no complaints.

Now originally I had bought a superior dbl room with breakfast which cost 455,202 IDR. Agoda rates were higher, so I booked a superior dbl room withOUT breakfast for a bit less at 433,180 - a difference of 22,022. Because of the trouble I had to go through, I asked if I could simply pay that amount instead of the normal breakfast price (80,000), also considering I had stayed with them for a week AND that I skipped 2 breakfasts. The answer? IMPOSSIBLE. Even when I spoke with their supervisor.

Now, if you ask me, the best way to get good ratings is by offering quality customer service. It's the little things that count. The money itself isn't so much the issue, it's only 6 USD or so, but for me, it's the principle. Had this been my hotel, I would have offered breakfast for free and apologized for the inconvenience (which it was).

My advice for 100 Sunset 2 Hotel is two things: i) invest in a booking system that accepts direct payments online, and ii) understand that small sacrifices can yield big returns when it comes to customer treatment. This review would have been far different had this been handled differently.

Room Tip: If you're looking for views and no noise, the superior double room on the front side (so east-fa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Airport pick-up didn't arrive despite booking via Agoda, the hotel's online booking partner. Building works going on ground floor, and some of the upper floors. Staff were friendly but didn’t really know what was going on.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. I was satisfied with their service.
This hotel is located around 20 minutes driving by car to Kuta beach. Located near to gas station, supermarket, the airport, and 24 hours convenience store. The location is pretty much strategic, from the hotel you can take direct access to several tourist destinations, like GWK, Ubud, Sanur, etc.

The bedroom that i was staying was comfortable, all electronic devices worked just fine. The decoration was not disappointing at all and the ambiance is suitable to relax your eyes after a long day of exploring. I'm not sure if this hotel is really rated 4 star, but the quality of the bedroom is satisfying for a cheap price.

The hotel also has a mini gym, to be frank. It's not spacious but it's enough for traveler.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great. Super clean, very helpful and friendly, good price, breakfast was good. The only thing I was disappointed about was the location. No restaurants or quick close by really. The walk to the beach is 20-25 minutes they say, but we didn't know where we were going so didn't attempt to walk are selves. It's on a really busy road. So we had to call for taxis to get anywhere, and traffic in Bali is awful so it took forever for the taxis to arrive and also to get where we wanted to go. Next time I will stay at a place closer to more atmosphere and things going on. But it was a really nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

100 Sunset 2 is value for money undoubtedly. Staff is good. It is a basic hotel with basic facilities. They are kind enough to provide a free shuttle to the Kuta area 4 times in a day - 9.30,11,2 & 5. You will have to take a taxi back to the hotel as there is no pickup.

However, the choice of this hotel should be carefully made after considering your purpose of visit to Bali. If you have planned activities throughout your stay and are going to out of the hotel for the entire day, then it really does not matter if you stay at this hotel or any place else. But, if you are looking forward to spending time in the hotel itself or want an easy access to the beach or nightlife at Kuta, then this is not the place you would want to stay at. Main Kuta area - restaurants, beach area, party places are quite far off (about 3 kms) and you will have to rely on the taxi or a rented vehicle to come back late at night.

If you can shell out an extra dime, then hotels near the Kuta beach are the best ones to stay if you like being amidst lot of activity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 100 Sunset 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!