“Outstanding value for the price” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Sunset Road No.100 C, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #24 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding value for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a relatively new hotel and for what they are giving you interns of comfort, the price is fantastic. I stayed a longer time and so negotiated a discount with the management.
The location of this hotel is of a main road quite out of the way of all the action in Kuta. That may be a problem for many tourists, but for me it was a bonus. And if I wanted to go to the night life in Legian street, I would take a 25 minute walk from this hotel or catch a taxi. I must have stayed in this hotel for 2 months or more.
Because it is new and out of the way, the price is greatly reduced. So I end up in a 4-5 star type room for 25£ a night, including breakfast and good internet connection, lovely big newflat screen tv, huge bed, bathroom, lovely reception etc etc.
The room had everything I needed. That sort of standard in the west would cost a fortune.
Most of the guests were from mainland Indonesia, Singapore etc as it is out of the western tourist area. So maybe more of a business type hotel. There is a small pool, which I didn't use, but used to sit at night by it as very quiet and eat from the restaurant there.
There is a huge Indonesian restaurant across the road, looks like a temple and is always packed with locals. But was an excellent restaurant. Especially their lamb on the bone. There is a western type mall about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The only complaint I would have is lack of pressure of water in the shower. Other than that, this hotel is a fantastic bargain!!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at 100 Sunset 2 June 27th - June 30th 2013 and the location was everything Tripadvisor advised and more! It exceeded my expectations: from the incomparable price point on lodging, to the unbeatable cost for spa services, and incredible talent and professionalism of the hotel/spa personnel!

Dining in the restaurant was an absolute delight, while the menu is extensive with cuisine and cocktails overwhelming in flavor and robust Balinese Tradition! I was met with a Balinese Mojito at check-in that was palate pleasing and memorable. So great, I ordered several throughout my stay!

I received three hours spa service at an unprecedented price and the accompanying services were the best I've ever received: better than Swiss Hotel, Bliss Spa, Trump Hotel, etc.

I will most definitely choose 100 Sunset 2 Hotel again in the future!

Room Tip: All rooms are quite spacious, but the pool view rooms above level one are better as they have a balc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Let me start off by saying i usually do not write reviews unless i absolutely HATE or LOVE my experience.

Paying only $32/night, I was expecting a decent hotel at best. I am happy to say that the 100 sunset 2 hotel way exceeded my expectations. To start, the staff is super friendly. The room I had was in building A, which is the smaller of the rooms. Nevertheless, my room was very clean including the corners of the shower and bathroom. Very modern. WIFI access was blazing fast and free. Lastly, the most important thing for me about hotels are the bed. Very comfortable and high quality mattress and pillows. All in all, amazing deal and well run hotel. Would have easily paid $80-$120 a night. At $32 it was a steal. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sunset T, General Manager at 100 Sunset 2 Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Phil ,
We are happy that you "loved" your experience with us and decided to write a review .
Cleanliness ,Good Wifi ,good breakfast and service in general are considered as a minimum here .High quality bedding is also the least we can offer to our guests when they choose to sleep in our Hotel .
On behalf of the whole staff I thank you for letting others know about your stay .
We hope to welcome you again soon .

Sincerely
Byron Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our fave accommodation out of the many hotels/hostels/guesthouses we stayed in during our 1 month backpacking trip around Bali. The room's minimalist, with teensy Bali details. Floor area not the most spacious for its price, but not exactly tiny. Room was spick-and-span when we arrived. Didn't have issues with the in-room WiFi.

Pool's only for adults and was a bit cold for a dip during our rainy day stay.

And the buffet breakfast spread... Simply the best! Wide selection of warm dishes from noodles to fried rice. Lots of kinds of breads too, and fruits! There's also an omelette station. Staff were all smiles and it felt genuine.

There's a supermarket nearby on the same side of the road that just opened when we were there in November 2012. Guests no longer have to cross the street and risk their lives just to buy stuff from Carrefour.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sunset T, General Manager at 100 Sunset 2 Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Nomadwifey
Thanks very much for your review on 100Sunset 2 hotel six months after your stay .
It's always a real pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed their moment spent with us .
Among others we are so happy you liked our breakfast .
Do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly on you next trip and we will more than happy to make your stay at least as good your first one and offer you the best value possible .

Sincerely yours
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have enjoyed the excellent hospitality of this hotel. We were welcomed with hot towel & welcome drink. Check in & out process were very fast. The hotel staffs were friendly & always ready to help. Also we enjoyed the breakfast with lot of variety foods with great taste. Even main courses were equally tasteful. We used the hotel spa and can say it as "very good". The hotel is just 10 minutes drive from the airport.

Room Tip: We stayed in Superior rooms & found very comfortable
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I spent our 1st Wedding Anniversary at 100 Sunset2 in November 2012. Wow what an amazing room we were welocmed with beautiful cake, fancy bed and rose petals all over.
We had a fantastic time while there. As usual the staff were lovely and kind.
Nice quiet relaxing hotel.
We recommend this hotel to anyone :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunset T, General Manager at 100 Sunset 2 Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Chezjimbo
Thank you so much for your review .We are happy you enjoyed spending your wedding anniversary with us .It is a great reward for the staff to hear how much guests appreciate their attention .We all hope we will welcome you for your second wedding anniversary .

Yours truly
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

As soon as I stepped into the lobby, I was handed fresh towel and a welcome drink! What hospitality! :) The check-in was quick and soon, the bellboy offered to carry my baggage to my room. It was a large room, with a really comfortable bed (always had insomnia and for my stay, I slept soundly!) and the bathroom was really good (especially the shower!). The room was clean and the whole place had wifi as well.

What makes this hotel unique and for me to warrant another stay when I return? Well, they have 4 shuttle bus a day to Kuta Beach and so, it doesn't really matter if it's not near the beach areas, where the hotel prices are always ripped off and the hotels are neither near the beach as well. Even with a cab ride, it barely cost 10,000 rupiah. During my stay, for some reason my shuttle service did not turn up even though I've signed up for the service before hand and after waiting for about 5 minutes, I asked the receptionist why the shuttle had not arrived yet. They told me that it's coming and guess what... they actually hired a cab for me and PAID THE CAB DRIVER to take me to Kuta Beach for they understand that it is their fault that the shuttle did not pick me up on time! I was definitely surprised by this gesture and felt really pampered!

Hotel food, cocktails were cheap and good. And may I mention that for the price you pay (about $40 SGD a night), they sure have a nice pool, decent mini gym and most importantly, they don't just offer you sloppish breakfast but decent food with egg bars and dessert/cereal bars as well!

Definitely value for money and I'll return to stay in this hotel again! :)

Room Tip: Request for pool view room if possible! :D
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to 100 Sunset 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!