“Excellent value and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jocs Boutique Hotel & Spa

You added Jocs Boutique Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Jocs Boutique Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Melasti No. 3, Kuta Beach, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly Jocelyne Boutique Hotel and Spa)   |
Ranked #125 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent value and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for our last night I'm Bali and got a standard room. Absolutely no complaints for the price of this room we got amazing service I would've happily paid more! Bed was 2 singles they merged them as I was with my gf but she didn't find the bed comfy at all but I didn't mind it. The room is well sized and has a lot of room. The bathroom is a bit small and when showering the bathroom floor gets flooded but doesn't spill over to the room but after if u wanna go toilet ur feet get wet until the drain takes all the water which wasn't until the next morning. The rooftop Jacuzzi was great but the jets stop at 6pm which is pretty stupid. The bartender Adi was funny and a good fellow who served us great cocktails. The staff were excellent all round here and printed me off 15 pages of documents I needed for flight itinerary and other stuff for free. They even let my gf make an international call for free from the front desk as she lost her credit card and didn't ask for any money or anything. We checked out at 12 and our flight was at 8pm and the great staff locked up our bags and had a security guard watching it to keep it safe which we shopped and ate for the last time. The pool wasn't heated anf was freezing but Jacuzzi was the best. Ate breakfast here which wasn't too bad. I'd suggest eating somewhere else close by though for better food. All in all we were very happy with this place as I wasn't expecting much for the price and they exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Well, the room size quite small, as well as the toilet. Jazucci available at the rooftop but only operated from 10am-6pm.Location not bad but the food for breakfast quite limited. Satff service quality very high.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Overall the hotel and the location is good. The only thing is that the room WiFi is not working from day 2 until the day we checked out.

Our room don't have any table and chair. The bath floor water seems to be stuck there and won't go away. That's why it is always wet and no floor mat.

It has a nice Jacuzzi and bar on the top of the hotel and also a indoor swimming pool. Breakfast is buffet and simple. Location is good and 5 minutes walk to Kuta beach. If you are keen, you can also walk to some nearby shopping mall.

Street light is at night is not clear and please walk in a group.

Room Tip: The neareast shopping mall i.e. Kuta Beach Walk is 30 mins walk from the hotel. There are restaurant...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Balikpapan, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

A semi budget hotel in Legian. It's only different Rp100-150 K rate than budget hotel in poppies. So it's really worthed. The room was very clean, but narrow space and untiled floor. The staff were very friendly and warm. They helped me to rented a motocycle.
Thank you, I will return as long as you still offer me 'semi budget' rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Torino
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Last August 2012 I staid at Jocs for 10 nights and my final opinion was "good but to be improved". Now, end of April 2013, we decided to fly again to Bali for around one week and, since we had no time to prepare our trip in advance and Jocs was the only hotel known to us (except for the luxurious and wonderful The Magani, just one block over Jocs, but quite expensive!), we told the taxi driver to leave us there and try to get a room without prior reservation. Except for one guy working at the bar, I saw different people then in 2012.
I asked the front office girl to give us a room in a quiet area, since we planned to stay more than just one night. She was so kind and this sounded positive: I thought that maybe something could have changed meantime...
Well, nothing changed and that's the list of complains extended to the said front office girl the morning after.
The room was so small that we couldn't quite open our luggages; there was no wardrobe, just a very restricted space with something like 5 hangers!
The window faced the indoor pool (room located at 1st storey), so that already at 7am we could hear kids uproaring around the pool.
The air conditioning showed 18°C but actually it did not work, since the room was extremely hot and we couldn't even sleep: was like spending the night inside a sauna!
The bathroom was around 2sqm and impossible for 2 persons to move inside at the same time: during the shower the water didn't flow but remained at the bottom.
Finally, the number of small lights both in the room and bath was absolutely not sufficient: very poor light coming from outside (inner court yard of very limited dimensions) so you had to live in a constant dim light! Terrible.
The front office girl proposed us this "very smart" solution: sleep in the neighbouring hotel and have breakfast at Jocs, at the same price (50 USD)! ??? ok, at this point we had enough of this very bad place and decided to check out immediately, even changing our next destination: Sanur. I will report separately my opinion on the excellent accommodation found there.
To close the matter, the girl was not even going to issue a receipt of payment (I asked for) and looked quite surprised when I told her that we preferred to not stay any longer.
So, I seriously suggest to disregard this hotel (even not so cheap!) and look for other better solutions. This management absolutely does not take care of clients.
Negative, negative, negative.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was very disappointed with hotel with the exception of the staff they were great. Room was run down, couldn't use WiFi unless you went into lobby. Woken at night as all the fellow patrons past our room due to its position At night time mice were running around in lobby and passage to our room and my daughter saw a rat swimming at the edge of the pool just not what I paid for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Every time I needed a short getaway to Bali I always stay in this hotel..
Very nice room, clean toilet, good location, and affordable price is more than enough reasons to always choose this hotel when you want to spend your days around kuta..

Try it!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Jocs Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!