“Good Holiday hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach

You added BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Benesari, Pantai Kuta, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #76 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Good Holiday hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 30th January 2013 in a deluxe room, before going to Java for a month. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel, the rooms are fine,clean and tidy. The pool is on the roof and very nice with good views of the beach and a real sun trap, the only down side is is quite small if it got busy, by the pool is a bar/lounge which again has the great views of the beach while your having a drink.
its only 5 minutes walk from the beach down a small lane , which is a little narrow and can get little busy at times and across the Jalan Pantai (beach street) and only 10 minutes walk from a brand new shoping mall (Sorry forgot the name) along Jalan Pantai and in the other direction along the lane about 10 mins walk from Jalan Legian, so your central for what ever u want to do, be it the beach or shopping or eating on Jalan Legian.
Breakfast was included and was good, they will cook your eggs how you want them and you can ask for bacon if you wish. i had one meal in the restaurant which was very nice.
I really enjoyed my short say there, its great value at the price, so i am returning for another 3 nights at the begining of March before returning home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Martin 109

Warmest Greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach…

Thank you for your great feedback and high appreciation to our services. It is through feedback such as yours, that always encourages us to keep our product and services reach its level of quality.

It is a pleasure to me knowing your satisfaction of your recent stay with us. I will gladly share it with all the team and this will certainly motivated them to keep up the good work.

All of us at Best western Kuta Beach are looking forward to have you back again with us.

Kind Regard
BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Darwin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here in December 2011 when the hotel had just opened.

Some Possitives:

* The Rooftop Pool was awesome and the bar area up there was good, i even got to plus in my phone and play some music.
*The Location is awesome if you want to hang out at the beach all day
*The Scooter Hire Shop 10m from the hotel reception was Convenient
*The hotel was very new which was awesome!
*There was a corner shop 200m from the hotel which was handy for late night munchies

Now The Negatives:

*The Rooms are Tiny, seriously way to small only 17Sqm!!
*The beds are small to counteract the tiny room, I'm 6'3 and i couldn't fit on the bed!
*The Breakfast was average at best i didn't really bother with it, but it came free with the room.
*The Bathroom in the room is so so small/Unusable.
*The Location is fairly far away from all the shopping etc (Just pay 50,000 and hire a scooter!)

Overall, I will not and am not staying at this hotel again! Its just to to small and not worth the money you pay unfortunately, I am returning to Bali in a few days and have chosen a hotel the i think is much better but i will be reviewing it soon.

My Partner also hated the hotel and said it was funny how i don't fit anywhere haha!

Room Tip: Way to Small! Avoid if you enjoy a big room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Mr Kalvin

Warmest Greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach…
We sincere thank you for choosing Best Western Kuta Beach as your accommodation during your Holiday in Bali.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit in our hotel , therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.
The experience you describe in your letter causes us deep concern.
We hope this unpleasant incident will not deter you from patronizing Best Western network again and we look forward to seeing you at other Best Western Property again in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Me and a bunch of friends stayed here as part of our Bali trip, we booked 2 rooms via Agoda.com. The rooms are nothing to shout about and is typical for a modern chain hotel. But because it is a modern chain hotel, you can expect all the necessary amenities to be available; free wifi, clean towels, too many channels on the TV, toiletries, etc. Location wise, it is great if you want to be near the beach because it is mere minutes walk to Kuta Beach, but if you want to go to the main shopping area in Legian as well as the nightlife haunt of Sky Garden and the like, it is not so great, you'll have to walk through some dark lanes to the main road, and another 30 minutes walk towards the main shopping and nightlife area. But if you can ride a bike, then it is not a problem, there are plenty of bikes available for rent cheaply, just remember to wear helmet and bring your license.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
BestWesternKutaBeach, management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Flywan,

Warmest Greeting form Best western Kuta Beach,

Thank you for your great feedback and high appreciation to our servicesand hotel facilities. It is through feedback such as yours, that always encourages us to keep our product and services reach its level of quality.

Your remark has been carefully noted and I can assure you the necessary steps have been taken to avoid such inconveniences in the future.

Best Western Kuta Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed for 5 days in August- it was supposed to be a nice treat for my boyfriend on holiday. O such luck!

Firstly the room was tiny absolutely no privacy and the bathroom is just stuck in the middle of the room. Cmbine this lack of space with 2 people a suitcase and a surf board and you Have a recipe for disaster.

Secondly You can't close the door to the toilet and have a shower. There is barely room to brush your teeth.

Thirdly, Our room was next to a water feature and the pump "hummed" all night. We phoned down several times to get it sorted- nothing happened. Eventually every night before we went to bed we had to go and unplug the motors from the fountains. Also anyone that walks around on your floor sounds like an elephant.

Furthermore,The breakfast was terrible. You end up sharing tables with other families and couples- incredibly uncomfortable and unpleasant dining experience. There simply is not enough space or tables available in the restaurant. After the first 2 days we decided it was better to skip breakfast than fight for a space in the restaurant.

Positive point- Location is quite good- its close to the beach- it down an alley way and just a short walk from poppies two.

For the Money this hotel costs, there are much better options available in Kuta. I would never stay in this hotel again!

Room Tip: Avoid! It's Kuta, there are plenty of other options
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Ami C
Warmest Greeting From BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach...

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit in our hotel in this Month , therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.
The experience you describe in your letter causes us deep concern.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience.

Best western Kuta beach

Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Comparing with the other luxury or boutique Balinese hotels and resorts, this is just a typical express chain hotel. So, everything here include service, facilities, room, etc. is standard. And please expect nothing exceptional. It's good for a couple or family who would just stay in Kuta for a couple of days.

Location:
It's located at the heart of Kuta. So, you can easily walk to either downtown, or beach. Take the left exit from lobby, you can walk 5 mins to get the main business street. Take the right exit, you can walk 5 mins to go to the beach. It's a little bit far away from the town center, but it doesn't need more than 15 mins walk.

I would suggest you to remember not only the hotel name, but the detailed address. Because there are totally three Best Western properties in the neighborhood. Even local taxi drivers cannot figure out where to go only based on the name.

Room:
We stayed in a standard room for two people. We didn't expect a big room based on its price/location. And it's big enough for two people. The room is clean and decorated with modern style. It smelled moist and we felt wet everywhere, though.

Swimming pool:
It's on the roof and small. The water didn't look clean to me and I was wondering how frequent they replace the fresh water. Though, the view of the pool impressed me very much. I strongly recommend you to go there around 6pm to see the sunset.

Breakfast:
It's better than I expected and it's the best among all the Best Westerns I've stayed so far. There are varies of western and local foods/beverages available. My favorite is fried noodles in local flavor. The restaurant was fairly small and it was usually crowded after 9am.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing inside the building are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternKutaBeach, management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Zang Will

Warmest Greeting From BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach...

Thank you for sharing with us your stay story at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.
It’s always a pleasure to receive an excellent feedback such as yours. I will gladly share it with all of our team, and I’m sure it will serve an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, and made your next holiday with us will be as fantastic as the previous one.

Best western kuta beach
Vernon, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in late November. Breakfast was okay, not terrific, but enough variety that you won't go away hungry. Room was clean but a bit on the small side. TV/Internet worked great. I've never seen so many mosquitoes in a hotel, I bet I killed about 30 each day in the room. The "special" happy hour drinks in the bar were poor quality, the poorest we've seen anywhere. The staff thou were terrific, incredibly friendly and appreciative to help. We really enjoyed the local band entertainment in the evening during dinner time. We found the waves in the ocean a bit too large for us to enjoy swimming in (my wife is an avid swimmer and the waves scared her - not easy to do!) My wife says she's never seen such a small pool in a hotel, thou a nice setting on the roof. From our room we had a view of the construction next door towards the ocean, it was interesting seeing the workers working - some in bare feet and most others in flip flops, some putting rebar in place. Not quite up to North American safety standards, lol! Be careful changing money, many of them try to cheat you so count the bills and watch for misleading posted prices that aren't what they give you. At one place the man outside was rubbing his hands together with glee when I went in to change money while his wife tried to cheat me - never seen anything like that before.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dale.J
Warmest Greeting from BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach
We are really appreciating your time to drop us your great comment regarding your stay at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.
I’m really happy that you were overall satisfied with the facilities and services provided by our Hotel, especially our exceptional awesome service by our staff and our entertainment.
The experience you describe in your letter causes us deep concern will be shared to all section in our Hotel.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit with us will be as nice as the previous one.

Management.
Southport, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

its my second stay here in bestwestern kuta. i was checking in right at the midnight and id got my room upgraded into superior type. the bellboy said my room was non-smoking and i already requested for a smoking room, and the reception guy said mine was a smoking room. when i just had my door opened there was little floody floor thorugh under my bed, i reckoned it was from the window, since it was raining since evening. but it was okay though, i mopped it myself and everything was ok. i ordered room service, and the food was good, the staff were friendly and helpful. so no complaint from me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Ms. Novissisi

Warmest Greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach…
We sincere thank you for choosing Best Western Kuta Beach for second time as your accommodation during your Holiday in Bali.

BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach? Share your experiences!