“Best Western in Kuta - avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Benesari, Pantai Kuta, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #71 of 174 hotels in Kuta
“Best Western in Kuta - avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed for 5 days in August- it was supposed to be a nice treat for my boyfriend on holiday. O such luck!

Firstly the room was tiny absolutely no privacy and the bathroom is just stuck in the middle of the room. Cmbine this lack of space with 2 people a suitcase and a surf board and you Have a recipe for disaster.

Secondly You can't close the door to the toilet and have a shower. There is barely room to brush your teeth.

Thirdly, Our room was next to a water feature and the pump "hummed" all night. We phoned down several times to get it sorted- nothing happened. Eventually every night before we went to bed we had to go and unplug the motors from the fountains. Also anyone that walks around on your floor sounds like an elephant.

Furthermore,The breakfast was terrible. You end up sharing tables with other families and couples- incredibly uncomfortable and unpleasant dining experience. There simply is not enough space or tables available in the restaurant. After the first 2 days we decided it was better to skip breakfast than fight for a space in the restaurant.

Positive point- Location is quite good- its close to the beach- it down an alley way and just a short walk from poppies two.

For the Money this hotel costs, there are much better options available in Kuta. I would never stay in this hotel again!

Room Tip: Avoid! It's Kuta, there are plenty of other options
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Ami C
Warmest Greeting From BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach...

We sincere thank you for choosing Best Western Kuta Beach as your accommodation during your Holiday in Bali.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit in our hotel in this Month , therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.
The experience you describe in your letter causes us deep concern.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience.

Best western Kuta beach

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Comparing with the other luxury or boutique Balinese hotels and resorts, this is just a typical express chain hotel. So, everything here include service, facilities, room, etc. is standard. And please expect nothing exceptional. It's good for a couple or family who would just stay in Kuta for a couple of days.

Location:
It's located at the heart of Kuta. So, you can easily walk to either downtown, or beach. Take the left exit from lobby, you can walk 5 mins to get the main business street. Take the right exit, you can walk 5 mins to go to the beach. It's a little bit far away from the town center, but it doesn't need more than 15 mins walk.

I would suggest you to remember not only the hotel name, but the detailed address. Because there are totally three Best Western properties in the neighborhood. Even local taxi drivers cannot figure out where to go only based on the name.

Room:
We stayed in a standard room for two people. We didn't expect a big room based on its price/location. And it's big enough for two people. The room is clean and decorated with modern style. It smelled moist and we felt wet everywhere, though.

Swimming pool:
It's on the roof and small. The water didn't look clean to me and I was wondering how frequent they replace the fresh water. Though, the view of the pool impressed me very much. I strongly recommend you to go there around 6pm to see the sunset.

Breakfast:
It's better than I expected and it's the best among all the Best Westerns I've stayed so far. There are varies of western and local foods/beverages available. My favorite is fried noodles in local flavor. The restaurant was fairly small and it was usually crowded after 9am.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing inside the building are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternKutaBeach, management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Zang Will

Warmest Greeting From BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach...

Thank you for sharing with us your stay story at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.
It’s always a pleasure to receive an excellent feedback such as yours. I will gladly share it with all of our team, and I’m sure it will serve an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, and made your next holiday with us will be as fantastic as the previous one.

Best western kuta beach
Vernon, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in late November. Breakfast was okay, not terrific, but enough variety that you won't go away hungry. Room was clean but a bit on the small side. TV/Internet worked great. I've never seen so many mosquitoes in a hotel, I bet I killed about 30 each day in the room. The "special" happy hour drinks in the bar were poor quality, the poorest we've seen anywhere. The staff thou were terrific, incredibly friendly and appreciative to help. We really enjoyed the local band entertainment in the evening during dinner time. We found the waves in the ocean a bit too large for us to enjoy swimming in (my wife is an avid swimmer and the waves scared her - not easy to do!) My wife says she's never seen such a small pool in a hotel, thou a nice setting on the roof. From our room we had a view of the construction next door towards the ocean, it was interesting seeing the workers working - some in bare feet and most others in flip flops, some putting rebar in place. Not quite up to North American safety standards, lol! Be careful changing money, many of them try to cheat you so count the bills and watch for misleading posted prices that aren't what they give you. At one place the man outside was rubbing his hands together with glee when I went in to change money while his wife tried to cheat me - never seen anything like that before.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dale.J
Warmest Greeting from BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach
We are really appreciating your time to drop us your great comment regarding your stay at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.
I’m really happy that you were overall satisfied with the facilities and services provided by our Hotel, especially our exceptional awesome service by our staff and our entertainment.
The experience you describe in your letter causes us deep concern will be shared to all section in our Hotel.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit with us will be as nice as the previous one.

Management.
Southport, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

its my second stay here in bestwestern kuta. i was checking in right at the midnight and id got my room upgraded into superior type. the bellboy said my room was non-smoking and i already requested for a smoking room, and the reception guy said mine was a smoking room. when i just had my door opened there was little floody floor thorugh under my bed, i reckoned it was from the window, since it was raining since evening. but it was okay though, i mopped it myself and everything was ok. i ordered room service, and the food was good, the staff were friendly and helpful. so no complaint from me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Ms. Novissisi

Warmest Greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach…
We sincere thank you for choosing Best Western Kuta Beach for second time as your accommodation during your Holiday in Bali.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your visit in our hotel , therefore giving us an opportunity to improve.
Your remark has been carefully noted and I can assure you the necessary steps have been taken to avoid such inconveniences in the future.
All of us at Best western Kuta Beach are looking forward to have you back again with us.

Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Well it's 6:30am in the Best Western on Kuta beach I'm awake! The roosters are too loud the kitchen on the ground floor is too loud..... The room is much smaller than the photos a little hard not to bump your elbows whilst you clean your teeth I thought roosters crow in the morning... Oh no, this is all day... I originally asked to be put on a floor much higher than level 2 they put me on level 1 after telling them and showing them my booking notes on the reservation they still did nothing Not sure why they didn't accommodate my request, well another 8 days here... Listen to the people before me complain about the noise take there word for it trust me don't stay here! Not worth the extra money you spend

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear, Mr Adam Merrit

Warmest Greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach…
The experience you describe in your letter causes us deep concern. I can reiterate our regret that we did not handle the situation in the proper manner, kindly rest assured that appropriate training will be conducted to avoid tha recurrence of such incident in the future.
We hope this unpleasant incident will not deter you from patronizing Best Western network again and we look forward to seeing you at other Best Western Property again in the near future.

BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Was here for the first in my many Bali trips. Unique Interior design as well as decoration. It is up to best western standards. Booked two rooms for 4 person, which I read thru trip advisor that the room is much smaller than it looks from the website which is very true. I think it is best for Best Western to provide details on how big the room will be in terms of size. Other than that, it is all good. Sunset during evening swim is the best. Location: 15mins walk to Legian and 15mins to Kuta. One night, we walk back from Kuta which is dark at the main road with all the cars zooming down, it felt unsafe.

Overall experience is a good one

Room Tip: Choose higher floors room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear, Mr Calvin Y

Warmest Greeting form Best western Kuta Beach,
Thank you for your great feedback and high appreciation to our services. It is through feedback such as yours, that always encourages us to keep our product and services reach its level of quality.

It is a pleasure to me knowing your satisfaction of your recent stay with us. I will gladly share it with all the team and this will certainly motivated them to keep up the good work.

Best Regard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

During my first trip to Bali I was recommended the Best Western Kuta Beach Resort. I was told that's where the happening is n very close by to the Hard Rock Hotel Bali which we frequented almost every night during our 5 day stay there. The hotel though not that big is filled up with live music n happy friendly staff. The breakfast buffet's quite nice with a good variety of spreads. Room rate is not as cheap as we expected but it kinda make up to making our stay an enjoyable one. Right across the road is the famous Kuta beach decorated with surfers n fancy surf boards. The sunset here's just spectacular with the sun setting into the horizon! You can even dine at the beach watching the sun sets with background music n traditional Balinese dance. If you are lucky you could catch the fire eaters too! The food here is delicious n spicy. It will have you begging for more.
NB: The hotel rooms are quite small.

• Stayed December 2012
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Sssoo1

Kind Regard
BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach? Share your experiences!