“Best Western Kuta Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach

You added BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Benesari, Pantai Kuta, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #80 of 180 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Best Western Kuta Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

BWKB was very handy location wise, central to Kuta and Legion and the 2 Poppies Lanes. Rooms were very clean, staff friendly and for the price I may consider staying there again. The Deluxe room was nice and quiet, A/C worked well, shower lovely, bed was comfy. On the negative side, the pool is very small, nowhere near the size in the picture. I was asked to give 300,000 Rp ( $30 AUD ) on arrival to cover the mini bar, even after saying repeatedly that I would not be using it, especially as it was checked every day, not a good start as I don't recall reading anywhere about a minibar coverage. Breakfast was ok, minimal, but having to ask for the bacon was a pain as it was hidden under the counter, like contraband.
Depending on price and location of other hotels would determine if I would stay again, a 50/50 choice.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms may cost a little more but a better quality in terms of quietness and comfort
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Ella F,
Warmest Greeting from Best Western Kuta Beach…
We sincere thank you for choosing Best Western Kuta Beach as your accommodation during your Holiday in Bali. It’s always a pleasure to receive an excellent feedback such as yours. I will gladly share it with all of our team, and I’m sure it will serve an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. your suggestions were taken in the spirit which they were intended.
We hope this unpleasant incident will not deter you from patronizing Best Western network again and we look forward to seeing you at other Best Western Property again in the near future.
Best Regards,
Management BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family of 3 stayed in the junior suite with balcony, small dining area, a master room and a sofa bed set up for my son. Contemporary design, compact but comfortable. I booked through booking.com at usd749.70nt ( inclusive of taxes) for 7 nights usd107.1 (rm342.72) with 2 buffet breakfast. Additional breakfast at rm22(rph70,000). There is a lane and construction is going on and all the junior suites are facing this lane. So it is noisy till night. It should another 2-3 years by 2014-2015 to complete based on the ground breaking that has just started. If you choose junior suite ask for higher flower between 3-5 and not the lower 1-2 floors. Every early morning, we at 2nd floor we can the hotel staff talking every now and then and sometimes hear them singing loudly which is annoying when you try to sleep. Buffet breakfast is average. If you want near the beach, then this is the place but it is at the other end of kuta beach. If you want near town for shopping I suggest you stay in 101 legian. If you want the best of both world, you can stay in hard rock, inna hotel or holiday villa kuta. We had to asked them few times to set up the sofa bed. Overall hotel service is average but worth staying in the junior suite if you have more than 2 person. We had our own driver that took us around in a mpv at a reasonable rate at 150per day of 10 hours, Pak Arie +62 818 277991, good tour consultant with our driver Pak Budi with great food and site seeing at reasonable price.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no view and i am not sure what room type is it,so check before you book the rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Am still here at Best Western Kuta Beach, so I decide to "pen" this as the Wifi works properly. My stay here feels great the minute I check in, but there are some contributing factors to this happy trip.
This was a last minute trip and the budget airline I usually took was going ridiculous with prices. I finally decided to go on Singapore Airlines and no regrets. Plus my travelling companion needed wheelchair assistance and the budget airline did not provide the service. And not to mention the wine and beer I enjoyed onboard.
I had 4 requests for the hotel when I checked in; the most important was about the bunch of roosters who cockle-dooled the whole day, waking me at 6am the last time I stayed here. I told front-desk to get me a room away from the roosters and they did.
Housekeeping was great, especially today with a small request I had in the afternoon.
And Kuta beach, just across the main road a 7min walk away, was glorious with its waves and sunny weather.
The only thing is with room service now. I was getting a little breathless getting them to understand what I wanted, and the dish is still not here but I assume it will be soon.
Oh, it's here. And they glade wrapped it to keep it warm. Bravo.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the roosters. Great if you want to spend the day at Kuta beach, nearby shopping...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Truth777_11,
Warmest Greeting from BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach
We are really appreciating your time to drop us your great comment regarding your stay at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.
I’m really happy that you were overall satisfied with the facilities and services provided by our hotel, especially our quick resnponds front desk staff great house keeping staff and our stong wi-fi connection.Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and we will strengthen our focus on our training in these specific areas.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit with us will be as nice as the previous one.

Management.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was a nice location - accessible to beach, restaurants and small shops. There are Best Western everywhere and I believe there should be consistency when it comes to product and service delivery. The over all service has a lot of opportunities to improve e.g. guest anticipation. Staff needs to be more proactive and attention to details. Quality of food and beverage, offer varieties especially at the main restaurant during dinner time. There were few staffs that made an impression. A gentleman who works in the reception who always smile and willing to assist guests e.g. giving direction or carry your bags. Another gentleman who works in the main restaurant who follows up my order and even up sell me from a standard drink to a signature drink!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Joseph T Wong,

Warmest Greetings From BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach..!
Thank you for sharing with us your stay story at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.
It’s always a pleasure to receive an excellent feedback such as yours. I will gladly share it with all of our team, and I’m sure it will serve an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Your remark has been carefully noted adn I can assure you the necessary steps have been taken to avoid such inconveniences in the future.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, and made your next holiday with us will be as fantastic as the previous one.
Best personal regards,
Management Best Western Kuta Beach
Hull, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in a superior room for three nights for 80,000 Indonesian rupiah per night. The rooms are compact and very functional. The bathroom is frosted glass enclosed in the hotel room. The colour scheme is definitely aimed at the younger crowd (most guests under 30) with a good mix of Asian and Australian tourists. Location is very good for this price range - one block from a quiet section of the beach between Kuta and Legian. There is also a rooftop bar and shallow wading pool. Bottom line, I would stay there again if ever I return to Kuta, although it is highly unlikely that I wii return to Kuta.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Nick F,
Warmest Greetings form Best western Kuta Beach,
Thank you for your great feedback and high appreciation to our services and hotel facilities. I am really happy that you like our clean,compact and very functional room, good location and also our roof top bar and swimming pool. It is through feedback such as yours, that always encourages us to keep our product and services reach its level of quality.
It is a pleasure to me knowing your satisfaction of your recent stay with us. I will gladly share it with all the team and this will certainly motivated them to keep up the good work.
All of us at Best western Kuta Beach are looking forward to have you back again with us.

Management Best Western Kuta Beach
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Upon my late arrival, my room was ready for me and being a diamond elite member, I was told that there's no best available room but the hotel promised to let me have the best room available for my remaining stay of total four days. My superior room is quite a decent size even for two people but surely there's no place for two luggage plus hand carry bags and laptop case. I am staying alone and hence I find the room space is quite comfortable.

Internet wifi connection is quite good for checking emails and I see there are as many as 6 or 7 wifi router ports on each side of the floor or 14 ports for the entire floor. Kudos for such kind consideration to ensure the good connectivity for the interactive travelers.

Met up with the FOM to voice the leakage in the bathroom and I got a chance to be upgraded to a suite the next day. The suite and deluxe rooms are at the back row of the hotel and it is away from the noisy pool area with screaming kids or loud lounge music.

For being a frequent hotel accommodater for premium brands, I find this hotel very welcoming in its software and comfortable in its hardware. I was not able to find the best employee throughout my visit as everyone I came in contact with was genuinely trying its best to converse in English and executing their own empowerment to attend my need. No question is too small to attend and every reasonable problem is also consider like their own problem.

This hotel has the best team work and should serve as a shining example for all the Best Western brands in Indonesia.

Location wise, I am sure all of you can read from other reviewer but let me add one plus point. Must also try the Indonesia warung which is just 10 meters from the hotel with authentic Indonesian food. Not all are spicy.

Very much looking forward to this hotel if I ever come back to Kuta Bali.

Room Tip: deluxe and suite rooms are away from the pool, standard room is in the middle of the hotel floor loo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Inxpecto,
Warmest Greeting from BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach..!

Thank you very much for sharing with us your pleasant stay story at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach. It’s always a pleasure to receive an excellent feedback such as yours. I will gladly share it with all of our team, and I’m sure it will serve an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Best Personal Regards,
Management BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.
Kudus, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is great, near to Kuta beach, convenience store, Legian street, some souvenirs shop around. We booked the Junior suite room for 3nights, pretty large with 1 bedroom, living room, sofabed, 2 LCD TVs, balcony. Very comfortable room with super cool AC, we pay about USD 100 per night (have book from local travel agent, so its cheaper), nice n friendly hotel staffs. Great bar upstairs which have beach view, and we've got welcome drink also.

Downside: only provide 2 pax breakfast for Junior suite room, no view for our balcony..just an employees parking lot downstairs, a looot of mosquitos (my 2 y'o daughter face had bitten a lot on her face), uncomfortable glass bathroom for family traveler, not much breakfast variety.

Note: if you want to take taxi to airport, i suggest you to order taxi from the lobby at least 30-40min before check out.. Because we waited about 40 min, and almost late for our deparature.

Room Tip: Choose the beach view balcony if you booked the Junior Suite. First floor room got so much mosquito...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BestWesternKutaBeach, Management at BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Imel1085,
Warmest Greeting from BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach
I’m really happy that you were overall satisfied with the facilities and services provided by our Hotel, especially our nice and friendly staff, good location and Ocean View Bar.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us to inprove the quality of our service to better meet your needs.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach.

Best personal regards,
Management.

Been to BEST WESTERN Kuta Beach? Share your experiences!