“Great holiday stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Great holiday stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My friend and I had a wonderful time it was my friends first time in Bali and this was the perfect hotel to stay as it is very quiet and away from the hussle and bussle to which can be quiet confronting to a first timer.
The service was wonderful the rooms were very clean and the staff could not do enough for you
we were greeted with smiles every time we entered the foyer or the restaurant or pool it didnt matter what we were doing we were looked after.
The only down side was the shuttle bus only dropped you off and did not do pick ups.
the cost of a taxi fair once you bartered was about $5.00 one way wich i felt was a fair price.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday

Cheryl Brown and Margaret Dunn

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HarrisSunsetRoad, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing and taking your time you past experience at HARRIS Sunset Road.

We're happy that you experienced the HARRIS service. Our players has indeed delivered the service as it should be. We will pass this information to our players.

You mentioned our shuttle bus didn't do pick ups, actually the shuttle bus operated on schedule and you can hop back on it at the appointed drop point based on the existing schedule.

Thank you for recommending us and we surely hope to see You again in the near future.

Hengky Tambayong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What I like the most about this hotel was their great service. They will go all out trying to help their guest. My credit was to the front office and cafe staff. all of them are provided a great service during my stay.

However the minus point was the room I stayed, the so called two bedrooms suite. The room rather small and very..very..small. Imagine the space between the bed and the wall is about 1.5 feet for you to move around in the bedroom.

Living room and simple kitchen area is combined and make the space more smaller then it should be.

Perhaps try another unit instead of two bedroom suites.

Room Tip: Try t get another type of room instead of two bedroom suite perhaps better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing us your past experience staying at HARRIS Sunset Road.

We're happy to hear that our players gave you a great service during your stay.
We constantly encourage our players to deliver the best service to all of our guests as part of our simple, unique and friendly motto. We will certainly pass this information to all of our players.

We're sorry to hear that you felt the two bedroom apartment were too small for you. Perhaps for your next stay you can try our HARRIS Sunset Suite which has more bigger space on the living room and also a jacuzzi outside on the balcony.

Thank you for your review and we surely hope to see you back at HARRIS Sunset Road in the near future.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

First trip to Bali,so wanted to stay near Kuta beach but somehow reservation was made in Harris Sunset.

We had a young lady at reception upon check in and also check out.if I remembered correctly her name is Yu La or Li.Very pleasant and helpful with a cheerful smile.A good start to any hotel stay.

After a welcome drink ,a porter showed us to our room.A two bedroom apartment. Beds are very comfortable but the so called sofa in the tiny living area could do better.extremely uncomfortable .Shower area has a elevation problem with water flowing into the dry area each time.

Great WiFi reception in the room.

Room service is excellent ,fast delivery and food ok,except the chicken -too dry (comparison made with resort stay in ubud).

As mentioned in the other reviews,proximity to kuta beach would be a cause for selection.however if a good nites rest is on your list away from the hectic vibes that is kuta.choose here.

Only major complaint for us would be the consistent overflow in the showers as mentioned above.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HarrisSunsetRoad, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your experience on your last stay at HARRIS Sunset Road.

We are sorry to hear your discomfort in your room in regards to the sofa and the bathroom.
Please be assured that we are currently having a project to fix the elevation matter to prevent the water flows coming out of the tub area.

Your comment about our food is also has grab our attention, we have notify our chef to ensure this from happening again in the future.

Thank you for your comment and we are looking forward to welcome you back in HARRIS Sunset Road for your next visit to Bali.

Harrisly Yours,

Kuta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed in Harris Sunset Road for last Nyepi (Day of silence) Holiday, its more like a getaway for me as I am living in Bali, and stayed in Hotel only for few occasion like this Day of Silence. Harris Hotel Sunset Road, located in one of main road in Kuta which is The Sunset Road. Though its location hide a bit from the main road.
I arrived arround 2 pm for checked in, I was aware that my day of check in (may 11th 2013) will be a hectic day at the hotel, as i heard they had high occupation due to Nyepi Holiday, i was not expecting that its really hectic there on the front desk, when I arrived there was only one staff, He not even able to smile, and was busy served other check in guest. After that guest, he then checked me in, give my key, but I guess one thing missing the welcome drink, but then I thought it must be not included in my booking.
I thought i will get a Harris Room, instead I got Harris Residence room on the first floor nearby the Pool. I impressed with the room, as it has kitchenette, with microwave. a spacious bed, nice and clean toilet, a nice patio, surrounded by the lush tropical garden, wide screen tv with lots of chanel to be choose, and the super flawless wifi connection.
The Bed and pillows are super comfy, I wish I dont have to wake up on my last day before checked out. The waters supply for bath/shower/toilet are working well, all brand new tools, clean.The towel are change daily or by request. The dining table is great, love it, I sit there to do my work. The day bed are comfy to watch news and movie, patio are wonderful to enjoy tea at evening outside., Aircons is working good. and the Last but not least, the Wifi is woww..excelent.
The Breakfast and Dinner is very nice, I love the sauted fishes they have for breakfast and dinner. its so delicious, wide choice for breakfast and dinner buffet.
Overall during my 2 nights/2 days stayed I had pleasant stay here, despite the impressions I got when I checked in. I would recomended this hotel for Bussiness traveler and for short holiday stay, as its located in Kuta, easy to reach from many area. And it has super flawless free wifi connection, if you cant live without ur gadget and net connection :-).

p.s :
-.I believe are the staff there are nicest staff, as i met with very nice housekeeping and technician who helped me with my query in room, but of course its always open to improvement esp for the front office staff :-), smile up.

Tips :
- Always ask for Blue Bird taxi from the front desk if you dont wanna bargain with the taxi driver outside..price per taxi order by phone is Rp. 25.000, so make sure u dont ask for it if you only wanna go to carrefour -which is not so far away and cost less than Rp. 25.000.
- book for Harris Residence Room- choose the first floor but not nearby the pool- you will have a pleasant stay in quite big room for two, with kitchenette, patio and not too noisy (from pool, restaurant)
- If you look for a hotel in the center of Kuta (nearyby beach, night club, shopping mall) choose Harris Kuta Beach. please be noticed that this one located in sunset road.

Room Tip: choose room not by poolside - 1st floor with patio is nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your experience during your last stay at HARRIS Sunset Road.

We noticed our Front Office players did not give You the HARRIS impression which they should. Thank you for bringing this up as us as a hotelier, hospitality is our main concern. We will ensure to all of our players the importance of a Simple, Unique and Friendly service.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our HARRIS Residence 1 bedroom, the room is designed with bigger space and additional amenities such as the small pantry and microwave.

We hope to welcome you again at HARRIS Sunset Road in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

the hotel's location is not that great as its about 15 min away from kuta beach. the decor in the entrance was not very aesthetic but their rooms were crisp and clean. the bathrooms were good but the shower door didnt close properly so the entire bathroom floor flooded upon usage of shower. the beds were comfortable and cosy. breakfast was wholesome and the staff was quite helpful. getting a taxi is no problem as there are a bunch of taxi drivers outside the hotel, but one needs to bargain alot with them. overall, a comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your comment during your last visit to hotel.

HARRIS Sunset Road is not located beachfront as you have already noticed it. It should take you about 15 minutes drive if you would like to go to Kuta Beach. Our location is perfect if you would like to stay away from the hustle bustle but still strategically located which gives you easy access to go to all directions.

In regards to your bathroom comments, there are some rooms that is affected by this flooding condition, we are currently having a project to fix this issue. Thank You for bringing this up.
We are glad you felt our bed was comfortable and cozy as we are paying an extra attention for our beds.

In conclusion, we are happy to hear you found your stay comfortable. We are looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Gastouri, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We are coming to the end of what has been a hectic 3 week business trip in Bali and would highly recommend this hotel to the business traveller, originally was concerned it was slightly out of the area of Kuta , our main centre of interest but it is a only a 2,000inr (€1.80) taxi ride away ..and this is more than made up for the peace and tranquilly that you need after a hectic day. The staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble ...the restaurant , with both indoor and outdoor areas overlooking the pool serves an extensive and superbly presented menu, and there is good Internet access throughout the hotel and a small business centre.
Carrefour is a short walk away ..ideal for topping up those essential 'in room treats.'
We used one of the Harris's drivers for those longer trips to out lying areas and he was both knowledgeable and extremely helpful ... just a little word of warning always book a short trip by taxi from reception because the 'local lads hanging around ' will try and charge you 4 times the amount due !
When we booked the room we did ask for a quiet one ..after reading some reviews .. and again everything was catered for .. no problem with noise at anytime.
So well done Harris ..truly excellent...we will return next year
Phil & Anna Jones

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HarrisSunsetRoad, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your past experience staying at HARRIS Sunset Road.
It was indeed a pleasure to have known our players again delivered good service which giving You, our guest a pleasant stay and experience.

Our suggestion will be to all of our Guests which, please be inform that the meter taxi is available just a phone call away although please spare some times in order for the time it requires after the phone order by our HARRIS players.

We definitely looking forward to welcome You back at HARRIS Sunset Road for another stay in December 2013.

Please do let us know should we can be further assistance.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just been there with family in November 2012, we did not spend much time there since we traveled a lot to explore Bali until approaching bed time. We utilized Harris residence 1bedroom, size was so-so, anyway Harris residence provides bath tub that is something my kids loved a lot. Anyway, they should rectify the floor elevation at bathroom, since the water was flooded over the floor and would not dry unless house keeping staff did something to handle it.
Hotel location is quite remote, but it allows you to avoid noises that usually disturb your sleep if staying in hotel located on the main road.
I would say that they arrange the buildings, i.e. hotel rooms and residences, nicely, with moderate size of swimming pool, plus kids’ pool and kids’ club.
Overall, it was really nice to stay at this hotel, though, same with other Harris hotels, food taste was just ordinary. Hotel rate itself is considered moderate; you can get some discount from Rajakamar or Agoda.
I would expect that Harris Sunset Road could provide live jazz music, the one I enjoyed much from Harris Sentul City.
Consistent with its simple and friendly uniqueness of service, besides nice and warm interior and paint colour, the processes of check in and check out were fast.
Most of all, I would say that you would gain more than what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose Harris Residence room no. 21xx..strategic location to enable you in and out quickly
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HarrisSunsetRoad, General Manager at HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you to take your time to tell us your past experience while staying at HARRIS Sunset Road.

Glad to hear that we have another HARRIS loyal customer tried and stayed with us.

HARRIS Sunset Road is located in the perfect location for those such as your self who are planning to explore Bali rather than go to Kuta Beach. Our location enables a quick access to go every directions you'd like to go to.

Thank you to remind us about the bath tub problem which we are aware and doing the on going project to eliminate such situation, we hope the next time you come back to Bali, this will not happen anymore.

Also to inform you that we are having additional facilities for children which is the bigger playground area, additional playhouse and even a game room.

In refer to the food & beverages, we will try to forward your message to the concerning department for further actions. We try not to be just ordinary, we like our food to be better and even best. And for the live jazz, we will see the possibilities to have in the venue which we will soon which is Harrissimo (Italian restaurant)

We hope to see you again in the hotel soon.

Hengky Tambayong

Been to HARRIS Hotel & Residences Sunset Road? Share your experiences!