“walking to get there is recomended” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Flapjaks Kuta

Flapjaks Kuta
Jl. Kartika Plaza Complex Kuta Sidewalk | Kuta Sidewalk, Kuta Beach, Sanur, Petitenget, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia
+62 361 765100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 455 Restaurants in Kuta
Cuisines: Dessert, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Flapjaks is a Cafe concept to complete the full range of well known restaurants management, Rama Restaurants Bali. The first Flapjaks outlet opened in Kuta at the famous Kuta Sidewalk, Jalan Kartika Plaza adjacent to the Ramayana Hotel Resort and Spa. Flapjaks' concept is a one-stop for pancakes, waffles, crepes, and assorted flavors of gelato. There are also a range of other meal menu for you to choose if you want heavier meal. So enjoy your breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just gelato or freshly brewed coffee as you watch the crowds go by.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“walking to get there is recomended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

goin there by car...cannot find a park at kuta street...try to enter the hotel where flapjak situated but turn away by security guard with a bad attitude.
try the pancake and the coffee...both of them are let me down plus the attitude from security guards...make me give this venue just 2 stars

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Flapjaks Kuta, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing in about your 'not so favourable' dining experience here. I will pass on your comments about pancakes and coffee to our chef. Also will forward your experience with the security guard to restaurant manager. May I suggest having our savoury dishes?

Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I expected my lunch to consist of pancakes and gelato the day we went to Flapjaks for lunch. I was very surprised to see an extensive menu which they delivered with good quality. Then the pancakes and gelato for desert were fantastic.

Visited July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It's good to know that the new items in our menu made dining here 'whole', with pancakes and gelato as desserts. We strive to be consistent in food quality. Thank you for writing in about your pleasant experience here. We hope to see you on your next vacation here.

Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion
Makati, Philippines
“For the love of gelatos...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Food is average. Service is okay. The guy waiter is not welcoming. But girl waitresses are friendly. Just sad that they don't serve water. Good thing Mini Mart is just beside. We bought our water there. I love gelatos and there a lot out there.  I will try some place else where the service is more warm.  :),

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Flapjaks Kuta, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

An unwelcoming waiter is out of the question. Warm service is important for guests and restaurant alike. We'll have to really step up our act here. Thank you for writing in and telling us about it. We'll definitely check up to see why no water was served. The manager has a lot of homework to do.

Warm regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion
Perth, Australia
“best waffles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

lovely air conditioned pancake and waffle house with huge servings.My kids ate there every night. right on the beach front.

Visited March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are always happy to read about kids enjoying their meals here. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Beach and ice cream...that's a vacation meant for kids. We hope to see you on your next visit here.

Warm regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.
Quezon City, Philippines
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friend and I passed by this restaurant a lot of times when we decided to eat dinner here. The staff in front was warm and welcoming but when we were seated, the male server (Arya) looked like he hates his job. He wasn't really friendly unlike Yanti, who helped us with the wifi connection. We were ordering 2 main courses and a gelato dessert to serve later then he cut us by saying we should order it later. We insisted to order it right away to be served later.

By this time I already lost my appetite and when the food arrived I was even more frustrated 'cause the serving was small. I couldn't say the food was bad, more like tolerable. The gelato we ordered was so-so and I've had better in my country for a reasonable price. Our total bill is Rph132k, and that's 2 unsatisfying main courses and an average gelato. We'll eat at Sky Garden again on our last night. I want to be fair and say I should give credit 'cause this is the house of pancakes and homemade gelato but even their specialty is mediocre for my taste.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize for the disappointing condition you and your friend experienced while dining at our outlet. The manager will personally call Arya to reprimand him on his treatment of you. Should you be in Bali on your next vacation please do not hesitate to contact me at: marcomm@rama-restaurants-bali.com
Thank you for your honest comments about the food and gelato. There's still room for improvement for us.

Warm regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.

Been to Flapjaks Kuta? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Flapjaks Kuta, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.