“Ok for a stop over but not for holiday” 3 of 5 stars

Spazzio Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jl. Dewi Sri No. 20, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #71 of 161 Kuta B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Ok for a stop over but not for holiday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I booked this on agoda last minute as I needed something for 1 night before flying the next morning. I managed to get this for a special price but would not pay the full price.

The rooms were very clean and modern. The hotel is quite new. It was not close to anything of interest so you would need to get taxi's etc if you decided to go out. It was very noisy in the lobby as it opens onto a busy road so you could not really relax in there. There is a pool but no deck chairs for chilling out and relaxing etc.

BIggest problem was the walls in the rooms was so thin. You could hear the people on the floor above walking around and the people in the rooms either side of me showering and opening and closing drawers etc. They could probably hear me too. You need to sleep with ear plugs.

The one thing I liked were the staff, they seemed to be very friendly and tried really hard. I also liked the look of the rooms and the cleanliness.

Room Tip: Close to airport so ok for a quick stop over enroute
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel was fairly new. The room was clean. The bathroom was okay, but rather gloomy on the shower side. I found brownish stains on the mini-shower. The bathroom amenities were nicely packed with red plastic. The free-in-room internet was okay. The swimming pool looked nice, although I didn't have time to swim. Breakfast menu were ala-carte and it took almost 20 mins for my breakfast to be ready. Thanks God I wasn't in a hurry that time. Taxis could easily find by waving in front of the hotel. The room charged was rather overpriced for the quality, but it's Bali anyway. The hotel was just perfect for quick business trip, but I would not recommend for leisure trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We had a few days stop over so stayed here. It was also under 440 a night for 2 through lastminute.com. I would not stay here for a holiday. It is right on a main road and the front reception/ restaurant/ WiFi area is so noisy. There is a pool area behind that is quieter but just has a few chairs around- Not relaxing at all and would drive me nuts if here for a long time.
The restaurant is average quality at best and apartment from breakfast, I only ordered a bowl of chips- 28 000 for a small bowl, the most expensive chips I've eaten in bali, and weren't great. the daily breakfast included was average, I would pay a few bucks to eat elsewhere but if you just wanted some food in your belly, it would certainly do.
The staff are all very friendly but new, they try very hard. We had a problem on booking and they didn't have our reservation but it was fixed by the young bloke on the counter, all be it after 5 or 6 trips behind the closed door to see the manager- didn't see a manager all stay and I would prefer if there is an issue for them to come and sort it straight away instead of the kid running back and forward all the time.
What the hotel has got going is it is relatively new, so the rooms presented well, clean and tidy.
So while it is new and looks fine, and if you get it cheap, it is a a good stop over place, I don't think a great relaxing holiday place.

Room Tip: Away from the road
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

New hotel but low quality for sure. We were attending our friends' wedding so it's a group visit to this hotel. But they are not well prepared. Some of us came early check in at 8 am but they rejected cause the check-in hour is at 2pm, ok fine. Then we came back at 1.30, they are still not ready, so we went shopping at Krisna, which is close to the hotel, and it's the only positive thing staying there. We came back at 2.30 and they told us the rooms are still not ready!! And that time, most of us are already arrive. Our friend booked us almost 20 rooms and you can imagine the crowd at the lobby area as we all waited for our rooms. The funniest thing is, when I complain to one of the girl staff, she replied with higher tone and veeeeryyimpolite, saying that she has the highest position in Spazzio, etc. This is such a shame that Bali has a hotel with staff like her. The room is small, at night we can hear the next room banging their doors, so noisy. The bathroom sliding door can't closed properly and when you are away for a few hours and get back to the room, the rooms will become so smelly, coming from the bathroom, don't know what's wrong. So, better find another hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

the hotel is not bad but you would expect something more for the price you pay ( compared to Bali standards).
The room was not clean,the air was stale,not fresh. There wasn't much light.there were ants and mosquitos. not sure the bed sheets were clean :(.
At least you have tv,internet and air con.
the common area ( pool and reception ) is pretty nice. I have not tried the pool though.It rained the whole time during my stay.
Far from bars/shops and city centre.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed there while they were in soft opening period. Located in Jalan Dewi Sri, it is a little bit out of Kuta lines, but it's okay. Because, it means you will not suffered by traffic jam and it means it is easy to reach this hotel. Reasonable price for a new hotel, nice and clean room, minimalist and modern style. Breakfast (during my stay) served on set menu - hopefully they can improve the menu and quality.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Spazzio Hotel? Share your experiences!