“Good service, ideal for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kuta Central Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Kuta Central Park Hotel to your Saves list
Kuta Central Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Patih Jelantik, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly Quest Hotel Kuta Central Park)   |
Ranked #63 of 176 hotels in Kuta
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
“Good service, ideal for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice for business purpose - surprisingly it's not as crowded and noisy as I thought it would be. The location which is in the business district probably is the reason why. The service is very good, hotel staff are friendly and attentive. This hotel used to belong to Aston and previously called Quest hotel, I guess now they want to detach themselves from Aston.
Some things that can be improved are the wifi; twice I've been there, they always had problems with it. There is no gym available yet, I'm not sure whether they will provide one in the future as I've seen several fitness equipment lying around unused.
If you don't mind taking taxis to go to the tourist areas, and prefer a quiet hotel where you can have a good rest, then I'd recommend this hotel.
They do have an hourly shuttle service to several destinations around Kuta and Legian.

Room Tip: Always go for the ones on the second floor as they are further from the pool which can get pretty no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We're domestic travelers. Upon check in (we got room 111 last 08/03/13) we've served very well. Hotel staffs are friendly & helpful. None of them shown sullen / awkward face as domestic traveler sometimes received. Even though after we landed @ngurah rai, we still facing some documentation lag with living social but hotel's management still approved us to come in only with minor conditions. Location is ok, many alternate path road so you'll save from legian's traffic jam & near bypass road ease you to traveling by car. Breakfast menus are oke ( i missed your scramble egg already LOL), Room is clean & neat + all facility work properly as they should be ( minus point only for the refrig, not cold at all), Pool's also clean & wide enough for swim. This hotel also got my extra rating for it's staff honesty...Few hours after check out, my wife got this called from reservation staff said that we left our pocket camera at the room & they've secured it...greattt :thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We came across this hotel when researching TA and found the price quoted on the website excellent for the standard of room. Having been to Bali a few times before, we were familiar with the location and realised it would be a short distance from the main Kuta/Legian stretch but knew the walk wouldn't be unreasonable and taxi's easy to come by.

We chose to stay here for the entire 10 nights, leaving the majority of our belongings in the room while we visited Ubud for a couple of nights in the middle. I'm pleased to say our room was replenished with water daily, but our belongings remained safe and untouched.

The staff were extremely pleasant, with a special mention to Edy who collected us from the airport and always greeted us with a smile and quick chat whenever we bumped into him; another to Lusi who was always helpful at the Reception desk; and to Widia from the Hotel Spa, who became more like a friend to me. Another quick mention to Agustin from the Spa and a lovely young man at the Pool Bar who spent an afternoon chatting with us about music and other interesting topics (sorry, I didn't get his name). Without a doubt, the staff here are the hotel's best assest, always remembering your name and appearing happy, including those working the breakfast shift.

On that note, after 10 days, the breakfast selection was fairly similar each day and became rather boring. We were most disappointed that bacon was not available on demand and when ordered only a measly few shrivelled up pieces are delivered to your table. Another reviewer has mentioned the absence of cereal, which would have been a welcome change, e.g. muesli with yogurt. On one occasion, a round of fruit smoothies were offered, which was a nice treat. However, I will positively comment on the availability of Indonesian sweets, which I absolutely love and couldn't get enough of. We ate in the Restaurant one evening, the food was good but not exceptional and the price was a little more that we would have liked to pay, so didn't eat here again. We ordered room service one night for the convenience, which was decent and comparable to other hotel/resorts.

The room was perfect and much larger than we even imagined. We booked a Studio room, on the second floor, which you could access by stairs or lift. The room included a large bathroom with at least a double size shower alcove, although no shelving or storage space to hold toiletries, so the basin area was always crowded. We also had a balcony facing the pool, which was a much nicer view than rooms facing the opposite direction and came in handy on the evening we suffered a minor blackout. I was quite impressed with the room for the price we paid and would stay here again for that reason alone. However, with two airconditioners in the room, the cooling was rather mediocre. We did encounter a minor malfunction with one of our airconditioners towards the end of our stay, which was promptly resolved following a call to reception, who organised for maintenance to come right to our room at around 9pm in the evening - maybe this was part of the problem.

With regard to the blackout, although we never actually knew what caused it, it only lasted for a maximum of 30 minutes and the staff were urgently attending to the problem. We suspect it might have had something to do with the major rennovations occuring around the hotel, which I must say were quite annoying at times, particularly when you wanted peace in your room.

The pictures of the pool were quite deceiving and it wasn't anywhere near as large as I had anticipated. The playground area at the opposite end of the pool was a nice touch though and would be thoroughly enjoyed by children although I rarely saw any children playing there. I would have preferred chairs built in to the pool up near the bar - this would be a nice improvement.

The hotel spa was private and ambient and the prices were reasonable, with guests regulaly offered discount. The staff, who I have mentioned previously were delightful and very good at their job - I would definitely recommend using the in-house spa. The hotel also offers guest activites, such as Balinese dancing, towel origami, language lessons, temple visits, etc. Unfortunately we did not have the time to fit this in, but I thought this was a nice addition. As usual, Laundry service is available through the hotel, but I found it rather expensive and my clothes didn't smell as nice as they have in the past.

Wi-fi was readily available from the room and although I had issues connecting on the first day, this was quickly resolved with a call to the IT staff member who sat with me and my laptop to fix the connection. I was able to keep my blog updated daily and Skype video call home from our room with no problem, until the last couple of days when the connection was misbehaving for some reason, but I couldn't be bothered sorting. I also used the main computers in the lobby area to email home as soon as we arrived.

The most negative comments I have about the hotel is the surrounding area. Although I knew the location was out of the main stretch, I didn't realise just how little was accessible in the area. There is ACE Hardware around the corner, along with a Gloria Jeans and rather large supermarket and a Circle K around the other side. I only found one spa "Beauty Corner" (other than the one at the hotel), which I tried for a cheap package price, but you get what you pay for and I would never go back there. Definitely recommend booking the Free Shuttle on offer, as although the walk into Kuta/Legian is doable, it isn't the nicest road to be walking along and I found we spent a lot more than we usually do on taxi's as a result.

Unfortunately, I also agree with a recent reviewer, we also found the hotel security to be lax and although they were ever present, I would not say diligent. It appeared anyone could waltz in without being challenged and there were a number of ways to enter the premises on foot. As for vehicle entrance, I also found the parking booth attendants to be inconsistent, sometimes charging drivers to enter and other times just waving through. As I write this review and add pictures, I realise there wasn't any nice garden area to the hotel, which would have a lot to do with location. Perhaps this didn't affect our time too much as we were without child and visited a beautiful scenic area of Ubud to break up the stay, but this is a serious disadvantage to the property.

Overall, our stay here was pleasant, trouble free and worth the price we paid. I would like to see the area improved before I would choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a Studio Room and request a view of the pool side.
Bali, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times (maybe 10 at least). We always preferred the location (we live on the ocean a couple hours away so no need for expensive hotels when we come in to shop) because it was central and parking was right in front of the hotel with all night security...we thought! Last Friday we shopped late and had all our food in a cooler so we could leave early in the morning. We parked right in front and retired for the evening. When my husband went to the car in the am our car had been broken into and everything cleaned out. The cooler was filled to the brim and very heavy so it had to have been taken by more than 1 person or someone in a car. It would have taken a couple of trips if only 1 person so supposedly there was more than 1. Oddly my husband was awakened around 2am by some loud drunks wandering home from the bars (Western he believed) and eventually went back to sleep. Security was clearly NOT on the job (sleeping? distracted elsewhere?)! The manager and security team had no idea what could have happened.

If the Security was doing their job they would have surely noticed the drunks and since it's directly in front of the hotel with all the bright lights should have seen or heard any other disturbance within meters of the entrance. Having lived in Bali for many years we understand there was nothing we could do when they claimed complete and total shock that this could happen. Getting angry would do nothing and the loss of well over $300.00 worth of missing items could have been worse. However we can never trust this place again!

Sad, because the staff who work at the hotel are delightful young kids who love practicing their English and were a pleasure to be around. We will miss them.

Room Tip: Having stayed in several different types of rooms, we always asked for quiet (poolside are noisy). T...
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hengelo, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and i stayed at this hotel for one month.when we check in they gave our room upgrade to studio room.beginning our stay the services was wonderful and staff was friendly after That the services was not satisfy.the roomboy not change the bed cover when They knew That bed cover was so dirty They just reversed the position of the bed cover and given fragrances.
We ordered roomservices They forget to bring the tar tar sauce for our fish and chip.
Breakfast is very boring because the menu is always Same everyday. For the people who planning stay longer in bali which i would recommed this hotel is not good for long stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Noida, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

dont know about other type of rooms but studio room here was amazing with good bathroom. staff is very good and helping, service excellent, very good hospitality, good location (2 kms from beach).
easy to hire scooty and car from here

strongly recommend.

Ulverstone, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed at Quest Central Park Kuta for 10 nights. All staff were very helpful and cheerful. The hotel itself was very clean. The location was perfect for us, just far enough away from all the noise of Kuta but easy walk. Taxi cost .50 cents(AUD) to Legian road for shopping and dining and about $2.00(AUD) to Kuta square. It was about 15 min walk to beach, however hotel has courtesy bus for free that goes to beach thru day. Large supermarket,Bank,and coffe shop within 2 minutes walk. Overall quite a good Hotel and excellent staff. I would stay again if we go back to Bali.

Room Tip: We stayed in studio room which was much larger than standard. Try and ask for bottom floor so very...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kuta Central Park Hotel? Share your experiences!