“the room and breakfast was nice but the wifi is bad” 4 of 5 stars

Santika Kuta-Bali Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Raya Kuta No. 98, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #98 of 180 Hotels in Kuta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“the room and breakfast was nice but the wifi is bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

im very happy becase the location is great near gelael and the beach , near many great spot in bali. the pool look nice too , the breakfast also amazing , i love the food . but the wifi is suck . you need to upgrade your wifi speed , very not suitable for business user . i will rate you five if your wifi doesnt suck

Room Tip: 1st floor and 2nd floor was great
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Indore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Santika , to begin with is at least 1km from the Nusa Dua beach which takes away the very reason of being in Nusa Dua...As far as the hotel is concerned , it is a basic average hotel and you can find much better options in this budget which are closer to the beach

The breakfast and the pool were the only good things about the hotel

Rooms and the bathrooms were rather small in size
Better to pay a little more and stay on the beach

Room Tip: If u really wish to stay here choose a suite room which is really good
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed for 3 days 2 night. Hotel service was quite impressed. Very helpful receptionist officer. Nice view of swimming pool located just nearby from hotel lobby. Easy access for taxi and. Overall is value to stay.

Room Tip: Ask receptionist to have a room with good wifi signal
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Pelayanan sangat baik, ramah dan sopan. Standard layanan grup Hotel Santika yang memang selalu mengutamakan layanan yang memuaskan. Lokasi yang strategis memang lebih cocok untuk business trip dan short trip bukan untuk wisata pantai karena jarak ke pantai yang agak jauh. Breakfast dengan menu yang lumayan banyak pilihan untuk buget hotel. Para tamu harus mencoba bacon hotel ini sebagai menu breakfast, sangat crispy dan enak sekali. Salah satu kelebihan hotel ini juga adalah kualitas bed yang sangat baik, tidur lebih nyenyak tanpa sakit punggung.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

After reading negative reviews here on TripAdvisor, I was really doubting myself and thought I made a mistake of booking this hotel for my company's annual family holiday. We were there for a 3D/2N stay.

We arrived at night, tired and desperate for a shower. The first impression was "this hotel is so small, how can the 189 of us fit in here?" Yes, there was 189 of us and we booked 73 rooms there. Maybe because all of us were in the lobby/restaurant at the same time, the hotel looked really tiny and plain.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got in my room (Room 209). The bed linen was comfortable, pillows were big and fluffy. The bathroom is simple, no bathtub but just nice. I realised that there was no hairdryer and called housekeeping for one. It came in less than 5 minutes after I hung up the phone.

Breakfast was good. Simple selection but the F&B department kept refilling the trays with food so no one got hungry.

The location was good enough, with 24-hour KFC and Gelael Supermarket right opposite, Circle K to the left, 2 lapos down the street and warung makan across the street at night. Walking to the beach takes about 15-20 minutes and a cab ride to the beach from there costs about Rp 12,500.00.

Housekeeping really want to clean rooms lol. As I was only staying for 3 days, I thought that there's no need to get my room made up. Everyday after coming back from tours, I would see a card from housekeeping asking if I need my room to be cleaned. The front desk even calls me the moment I get into my room to ask.

I was really impressed at how Santika managed my group. No complaints from my colleagues as Santika's staff were always ready to help.

My only complaint is; I think there's a rat living in the walls of my room. I heard it running around and squeaking every now and then, but didn't see any holes so I wasn't bothered.

I extended my stay another night there after everyone from work left. Definitely coming back there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows that can be opened for smokers(ie Room 209). To walk to Kuta Beach, go ri...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

As we got one night free voucher for two rooms at this hotel, we actually didn't expect much, but I can tell you, we were satisfied. The staff were nice, when we arrived it was noon and super hot outside, they gave us welcome drink, which I liked a lot (not really sure what it was, perhaps some ice tea with lemongrass) just make sure you don't skip their welcome drink.
Our room was just like a common standard hotel room with all the amenities we need. A/C, lighting, hot water, tv, wifi, everything worked well. The breakfast was nice also, love the traditional booth where you can get nasi campur bali, their pastries also tasted good.
About the location, don't rely on google maps to find this hotel. It will lead you to wrong direction.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We thought we were returning to the Santika on the beach in Kuta where we had stayed before years ago when we were married. We were a little confused when we arrived and were told the other Santilka was being remodeled. We were initially a little disappointed but as we were only there for 1 night it was totally acceptable. The location was in downtown Kuta but the room was quiet ( with great cable and flat screen) and across the street was a great supermarket where we loaded up on coffees and chocolates. The breakfast was very good, a 50 foot spread including a omelet bar and all the Western and Asian offerings. The trip to the airport took no more than 10 minutes. Definitely lacking the ambience, setting and huge pool of the Kuta by the beach Santika but the staff was very kind and helpful. The scale the front desk loaned us was very helpful with the luggage packing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Santika Kuta-Bali Hotel? Share your experiences!