“Great Food, Great Location, Great Prices, Average Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sydney, Australia
“Great Food, Great Location, Great Prices, Average Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I spent 10 fantastic days in Seminyak from Sunday 23rd March 2014 to Wednesday 2nd April 2014 and visited Café Seminyak, which is next door to Bintang Supermarket for lunch on one occasion. We arrived at 12.00 midday and the restaurant was not busy and there were plenty of empty tables facing the street.

We were not greeted upon arrival and sat ourselves down at a table facing the street. We had to clear the table ourselves, which was not cleared or cleaned from the previous customers who had sat there.

Even though there were plenty of staff standing around talking to one another who saw us arrive, in the end I had to get up from our table and go over and ask someone to provide us with menu's and also could they clear and wipe down our table.

Whilst the service and first impressions of this café were average, the presentation, quality and serving sizes of the food and fruit juices and soft drinks was outstanding.

The dishes were delicious and cooked to perfection, whilst the fruit juices and soft drinks were ice cold and very tasty and refreshing.

We had entrees and mains for lunch along with drinks, which I could not fault.

Given the quality, generous serving sizes and number of items we had consumed from the menu, i.e. entrees, mains and drinks, I was surprised how affordable and cheap the bill was.

We will be back in Bali in March 2015 and intend to visit Café Seminyak again for lunch just to see if the service and initial meet and greet upon arrival experience has improved.

Charles & Betty Tees - Sydney, Australia

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
“One of the worst eating experiences in Bali”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I had lunch here after passing by a couple of times and seeing it constantly full of people. We both ordered fresh juices and sandwiches. Sadly the service was very slow and the servers did not speak English well (I realize that I am in Indonesia, but several of the other restaurants made it a requirement that their staff speak English at a communicative level). As a result, our order was taken several times by several different servers, making ordering itself a cumbersome process. Once the food finally arrived, there was a hair in my prawn sandwich. I told the server and she suggested that it wasn't a human hair, but a hair from the prawn, and I should just eat it. In the end, I did not eat lunch at Cafe Seminyak, but bought snacks from the Bintang Supermarket nearby.

My boyfriend enjoyed his sandwich very much, so a good experience is possible, but mine was very disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Five stars for breakfast - three stars for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Firstly we went for dinner and we were not very impressed - fish curry very bland with little flavour. Then we had breakfast there which was just lovely! Great coffee, excellent fresh juices, lovely fruit salad & cooked breakfast also pretty good. Would certainly recommend for breakfast..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Good, Simple Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We chanced upon Cafe Seminyak when we were hunting for Bintang Supermarket which is just next door. The cafe has a fair variety of food and we tried the Nasi Campur and Roast Pork. Both turned out to be very tasty and the Roast Pork in particular was tender, the mash served with it was silky and buttery. The cafe has free wifi and service staff are fairly attentive and friendly. Nothing fancy but some simple, tasty food at affordable prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Byron Bay, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The food was ok, service was so slow and the food took over 45 mins to come to the table. Nice variety of food but just so slow. We arrived just after one and didn't eat until after two just far too long for the food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere