“Beware the ring snatchers in the spa” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 157 activities in Kuta
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located in prime South Kuta Beach (close to central shopping), Febri’s Spa is popular among holiday makers, offering a wide range of relaxing treatments in tranquil ambience within anyone’s budget. Short packages are offered in sleek air-conditioned studios surrounded by walls of cascading waterfalls or beautifully decorated fish tanks. More sophisticated and deluxe packages are offered in private spa villas; each has its own spacious garden, shower and bathing area surrounded by high walls for personal privacy and luxury. Signature treatments in these spa villas associate chocolate and various natural products.Some of its basic treatments include gentle foot reflexology, hot stone massage, hair & scalp treatments (hair cream bath), caringly given by attentive staff. There are family packages as well as classic beauty treatments such as waxing, facials, manicures and more.
Hong Kong
“Beware the ring snatchers in the spa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I just transited through Bali for 8 hours and thought it would kill some time to get a massage. My sister and I chose Febri's from the pamphlet stand at the airport as it was nearby.

The massage, service and room were all quite average, but the price was good.

However, an hour after the massage, I suddenly noticed my wedding ring was missing. I have never had a problem with the ring slipping off my finger before. During the massage, when I was half asleep, they did massage my hands and fingers - I'm guessing it was during this time that the ring was removed. Of course I could not feel anything and did not notice it was missing until I had left the premises. We called back to the spa, but of course there was not much we or the spa reception could do. Oddly though, the spa receptionist said that she specifically saw that I had my ring on when I left - which I think is a little strange.

Anyway, this my my second successive post where I've reported something being stolen - so unfortunately I let my guard down this time, but please look after your things when you travel - especially when you get a massage. The ring is not expensive, I have travel insurance, but it's my freaking wedding ring for god's sake!

greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Spa, responded to this review, December 25, 2010
Dear Mr Big-in-HK,

First of all, we would like to thank you for visiting Febri’s Spa during your recent transit in Bali. We are glad to learn that you fell asleep during your 1 ½ massage session. Febri’s being a relaxation spa centre, falling asleep is an ultimate relaxation goal as a result of a complete relaxing state of mind & body.

We are sorry that you lost your wedding ring. A waitress from a nearby restaurant phoned about 2 hours after you left our spa and reported about the loss. When your spa therapist requested to directly talk to you for clarification, the waitress said that you refused to talk.

Your report that the wedding ring was removed from your finger when you were half asleep indeed came as a surprise to all of us here as such report is the first time ever since the spa opened 10 years ago. The spa therapist is also one of our senior staff who has worked at the Febri’s for many years with very good customer’s rapport.

We take very serious precautions with security for personal belongings. You might have noticed that a personal safety box is provided next to your massage bed with a prominent sign to utilize the box for valuables. Unfortunately, the box was not utilized despite suggestions by your spa therapists. You might also notice that our massage facilities are equipped with CCTV cameras and voice recorder. We have double checked their records and did not find any indication for peculiar activities associated with ring removal from your fingers during the massage session.

Nevertheless, we greatly value your report and hope that you will return to our spa again on your next Bali visit for another relaxation treatment.