“Relaxing Break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 175 hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Relaxing Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Have been here for a week and leaving this morning.

The hotel is very clean and tidy.... Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.....
Premium Suites are very spacious and bed was absolutely comfortable.. Was lovely having a lounge area separate to the bedroom.... The breakfast was lovely and the BBQ Rooftop at night was very enjoyable.... If your looking for a hotel that is close to everything but not in the heart of Kuta this is the place for you.

Cons: Be very careful when going to the bathrooms at the pool as I did end up injuring my leg as the floor was slippery and I ended up slipping and seriously bruising my knee and soft tissue damage. Also the shower is over the bathtub and I ended up slipping in the shower on my first night here. When I called the duty manager he took photo's of my knee and the bathtub and then sent a letter saying they were sorry that I was not feeling well...... hmmmm Would have expected a bit more than a letter given the seriousness of my accident and the lack of signage that was around advising guests of the slippery surfaces....

All in all though I would recommend this hotel to those that just want time out.

HIGHLIGHT:

The Pool and Pool Bar...... The pool is the in the centre of the hotel and is absolutely wonderful when you come back from a day of shopping.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AstonKuta H, General Manager at Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear maori72,

Firstly, we would like to thank you very much for taking your time before leaving to write a review on the hotel, staffs and service on TripAdvisor.com.
We really appreciate your time and effort in writing a review and we are happy to hear you liked your Premier Suite room.
Deeply apologize for the incident that occur during your swim in our pool, we have ordered our Housekeeping team to be more alert around the pool area and/or changing room to clean all spills to avoid any other incidents.
Not only that, we have also add signage supply to be placed during cleaning and will remind our staffs to always be more empathetic to offer other help more than a simple apology letter. It should be a standard for all of our staffs.
Should you wish to stay with us again, kindly contact me personally.

415 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

stayed here for a night in studio room. The room pretty spacious. has bath tub, sofa and clean. that's all I need :).
Breakfast is ok.. a typical aston I guess.

They provide bicycle to rent at rate 25k - 3 hours..am happy with the bicycle cos I can reach kuta beach in 10-15min.
Very close to the airport. can find food easily in warungs or resto nearby.

a lot of tourist group.. so most of the guests are family. I guess that's why the main resto n bar doesn't provide cocktail or alcohol.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear cilukba88,

We would like to thank you for taking your time writing us a review of the hotel, staffs and service on TripAdvisor.com.
We are so glad to hear you had the chance to rent our bicycle and cruise around Kuta. We hope our Front Desk staffs was able to assist all your needs.
Our bar actually served alcohol beverages such as beer and spirits. Apologize for the inconvenience if our staffs did not mention this.
We do hope to welcome you back here again soon.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Comfortable and clean rooms. Our 3 year old was happy in the kids club, i hope they pay attention better to the kids now.

Cons:
Water in the pool was cold
I did not like the check in and waiting time, it was a bit long.

Room Tip: Plan in advance
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AstonKuta H, General Manager at Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear wednesday221,

We thank you for your honest review on TripAdvisor.com on the hotel, staffs and service.
We were happy to hear that you had a memorable stay and we will continue improving service not only in Kid's Club but also in all area.
Since your last visit was on 2010, we are hoping you would return and stay with us again.

Marikina, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I enjoyed to stay here with my boyfriend, both first time in Bali Indonesia. Close to restaurants, mini store and shopping mall. I will recommend this hotel to my friends! I liked the facilities, so clean, friendly staff, good breakfast and nice pool with minibar. I just dont like the smell on the hallway of 3rd floor, smells like ginger. I hope they change it soon, flower smell. Hehe

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AstonKuta H, General Manager at Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Lalabs29,

We would like to thank you beforehand for taking your time reviewing Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence on TripAdvisor.com.
It is nice to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and we have even noted your suggestion to replacing the fragrance in the hallway. Rest assured, we do take things seriously and we thank you for the input.Deeply apologize for any inconvenience it may caused.
We hope you would consider visiting us again soon! Have a nice day.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

3rd Time booking at Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence, as usual was top star service and atmosphere.
I was a bit down in Bali due to coming solo and having my cash stolen the day before the kind staff and management in the hotel upgraded me to a Premier Suite to lift my spirits.
I opened the doors to my room and was taken back!! Wow Beautiful. I felt like a Queen.
Room was so large and spacious. Kitchen and living area and breakfast bar.

This hotel does not get the acknowledgement it such deserves.

The staff are GENUINE and friendly. Unlike many hotels in Bali, the staff I find are very fake and robotic, but at Aston they have time for you.

Security Guards are so nice and waited with me till my friend picked me up from the hotels front on his scooter. This Hotel is very Safe and secure.
My friend wanted to come up to watch movies and have a meal in my room he had to get a security pass and hand in his ID. They are very strict. Looking after everyone's best interest.

I dined at there Restaurant and was shocked to always find it basically empty. I have no idea why this is because the food was always wonderful. Breakfast buffet was large but I did miss the addition of the crepes.
I ordered a spaghetti napolitana and it was served with a basket of bread rolls and butter and a side or garlic bread. It was so cheap!! PLEASE DINE HERE!!
There's nothing I can say bad about this hotel.

PLEASE TRY THE TOP FLOOR ROOF TOP BAR.. LUXURY perfect for birthday or romantic night or just to meet new friends, overlooks Bali and the atmosphere and lighting is amazing.

Have booked Again for September this year this time with my Family, next time will be about Astons Resident 3 bedroom Accommodation!!

Thank you for turning my upsetting holiday into a good one!!

Room Tip: Premier Suits are gorgeous. Double security to get to your room, double the air conditioners, double...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
AstonKuta H, General Manager at Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear TadeoFamilia,

It is always nice to see your review on Aston Kuta on TripAdvisor.com and it has always been a pleasure for us to welcome you back again.
We do hope that our Reservation Team helped you with your recent booking.
It is nice to hear that you went to our Rooftop Bar the last time you were here and even recommend others to come and try, it was very nice of you.
We hope your next visit will be even more great than previous one and do not hesitate in contacting us should you need anything.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed at the Aston Kuta for 7 Nights and found it to be great, with wonderful staff who were always very friendly. A lovely pool with a swim up bar, as the pool is in full sun, it can be a little warmer during the day, however we still found it very refreshing and spend a fair amount of time relaxing by the pool. The hotel is only about 5 mins away from the airport.

We had a suite overlooking the pool (I believe most of the hotel's rooms overlook the pool), which included a small balcony, this was only for standing. The room had a small kitchenette, two tvs, two air conditioners, a lounge, writing desk, huge king bed and bathroom.

Breakfast was included - the selection included some Asian, Malay and Western food, an egg station, a waffle/pancake station, cereal and fresh fruit and juices. We always chose to have a latte with our breakfast which was an added extra of approx. $3 AUD ea (they were having a 1/2 price promotion during our stay).

There is a laundry across the road - Justice Laundry that we found to very good, cheap, quick and honest. It was about a 15min walk to Discovery Shopping Centre which can get very hot (but you just buy another drink to cool down), there were plenty of restaurants in the area for us to try.

During our stay it was Silent Day (Nepei Day) on the 31st March from 6am until 6am 1st April - everything in Bali including the International Airport is closed, you are unable to leave your hotel until the following day. The hotel blocks out all the doors with black plastic and closed the entrance/foyer. During the day the hotel is still fully functioning - we had breakfast as per normal, enjoyed a relaxing day around the pool eating and drinking and had the buffet dinner.

I also spend 2 1/2 hours at the Day Spa enjoying a body treatment - the staff were very professional and it was very relaxing. The special for the treatment was about $45 AUD (Normal $88).

Even though this hotel is probably what some people may describe as the wrong end of Kuta we loved it and should we return to Bali again (as we're talking about) we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Opt for a suite if you have the opportunity - it's a bigger room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
AstonKuta H, General Manager at Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Annette666,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for staying with us and taking time commenting on the hotel, staff and service in TripAdvisor.com.
We are happy to know that our staffs serve you with the best service they could ever give and that you appreciate all the effort.
We also enjoyed the fact that you experienced Nyepi day in Bali and hopefully you will return to stay with us soon.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Hotel Maintenance : average.
Room Service : good
Breakfast : bad
Pool : average
Checkin : long and boring
Rooftop bar: average (food bad)
Location: bad .. too far from everything
Kids club: was always closed ...
Beach: 200 meters but ... not good for swimming or anything
Shopping: 700 meter but in hot sunny morning 700 meter feels like 7 km
( I am a good walker was 5 km everyday )
Overall surrounding area of the hotel is not inviting or exciting.

Finally I will say you will get what you paid for.

Room Tip: There are few deluxe room which still have sea view on 5th or 6th floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shanewaj,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for writing a review on the hotel, staffs and service on TripAdvisor.com.
We are sad to hear you did not enjoy your breakfast or your visit to our rooftop lounge and hopefully we could improve to give a better service and serving a greater dish.
Although we are not located in the prime area of Kuta, our guests can still enjoy the hustle and bustle within walking distance.
We strive daily to give the best service and we are open for suggestions to better improve our service.

Irmansjah Madewa

Been to Aston Kuta Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!