“LITTLE GEM TUCKED AWAY IN A SMALL AND VERY BUSY LANE” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kuta Town House Apartments

You added Kuta Town House Apartments to your Saves list
Kuta Town House Apartments
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Jalan Poppies Lane 1, Agung Art Market, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Announcement
Christmas Luncheon @ KTH
Ranked #12 of 84 Specialty Lodging in Kuta
Palmerston, Australia
“LITTLE GEM TUCKED AWAY IN A SMALL AND VERY BUSY LANE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Kuta Town House Apartments were recommended to me by a friend who stays there regularly, she told me how wonderful the place was so I decided to give it a go.
We were in a Studio Extra Apartment on the 4th (top floor) in stage 3, the new area. Luckily for us they did have an elevator but after you come down for breakfast its almost impossible to get back up to your room because house keeping take over elevator. We stood for ages waiting and gave up and ended up having to climb the stairs which is exhausting when you are on the top floor !!
I cant fault the room itself, it was very clean and the beds were extra comfortable, but the only problem in our room was the shower, the head was blocked up and only fine droplets of water sprayed out, but there was another hand held shower, so we had to use that one.
The rooms are quite noisy and not very sound proof, you could hear every car horn beeping and people yelling from the pool, which was on the ground floor and we also heard fireworks going off almost every night.
The only other problem was the location of the hotel and the fact that 'NO' taxi driver would take you up the small lane where it is situated. Im not one to complain but when you have been walking all day and you are carrying loads of shopping, it is very inconvenient to have every driver shun you and drive off when you ask to be taken to 'Kuta Town House Apartments'.
Having said all that, on a more positive note, the staff are extremely friendly and are eager to help with anything and everything you need, and the breakfast buffet is fantastic, after reading other reviews of this hotel, I didn't expect much in the line of breakfast but I was pleasantly surprised, they had everything that you could ever want for breakfast and more, even including the vegemite. There was fresh fruit, toast, muffins and cakes, custard puffs, fried rice and noodles, eggs in every way imaginable, scrambled, fried, omelette etc, bacon, ham and cheese toasties, pancakes, grilled tomatoes, little frankfurts, fresh milk and juices, like I said, everything anyone could imagine for breakfast and it was yummy !!
The Aussie Brazilian BBQ was to die for, we ate here 2 nights, you have to try this if you stay here, they have all types of meats, garlic bread, potatoes, and salads, such as coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad, rice salad, beetroot etc, you've just got to try this, its just like having dinner at home.
The only other thing was the extremely 'SLOW' free wi fi connection in our 4th floor apartment, it was like the second coming of Christ and sometimes non existent, I got to log in here and there and then it would drop out, my daughter used to sit on the balcony to get a decent connection.
The main pool was also closed for 2 days while we were there, which was a little inconvenient, but they got it back up and running, it went very cloudy, soupy like, don't know what happened but they had maintenance crew onto it pronto.
I really would stay here again, but this hotel really has to organize the shuttle buggy and make more regular trips to help the guests get out to the main roads.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor apartment if you don't want to have to climb stairs while house keeping t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Indonesian first
Melb. Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We have stayed here many times and as usual our stay here was great again. We weren't really happy in the apartment we were given but as it was so late we couldn't do much about it until the morning. At breakfast the next morning one of the girls came and told me they would have another apartment ready for us that afternoon. The buffet breakfast is more than adequate, love how they have a coffee machine, so you can have a decent coffee in the morning. the shuttle bus is another bonus, just make sure you book it. the staff are genuinely friendly and can't do enough for you. We had a 2 bedroom apartment and they are huge, the full size fridge is a bonus. Some say that taxis wont drive up Poppies to here, but we have never had this problem. We will be back..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Running a bit late with this review. We stayed at Kuta Town House Apartments in November 2013. I have to say I don't like Kuta. Too many bogan aussies running around. But the family wanted to stay here so that's where we stayed. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The Kuta Town Houses are located deep inside Kuta between Poppies 1 and 2. a short stroll to the beach, Shopping, Restaurants and night clubs but far enough away that you don't have to trip over 20 drunks as you walk out the foyer.
The Rooms were great. Very clean and spaciouse. we booked the Delux 1 Bed Apartment for my self and my Wife, and the In Laws booked a 2 bedroom Family Apartment. Both the rooms came with Aussie TV, Aircon, Kitchenette and plenty of space and balconys that opened over the pools. 3 pools to be exact. one with a swim up bar. The food here was ok. Breakfasts became a little boring after day 5 of the same thing. But they have a decent arrangement of foods, Juices, and you can have omelettes made for you how you want. The brazzilian BBQ was a great night out.
We did however encounter a small downfall which was poor planning on our behalf. We stayed for the first week of Schoolies and our hotel was invaded by drunk teens with death wishes. The Hotel staff were excellent with controlling them though. they took a no bull stand with the schoolies and kept them under control pretty well.

For all the places ive stayed in bali so far this is one of my fav stays in Kuta. We have booked again this year in late October but we are unable to get the same room type so I will let you all know how the smaller rooms go.

Room Tip: Pick one of the rooms with extra bedrooms if you happen to wake up before your partner. or like to s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Right in Kuta but off the main drag a little but to know disadvantage. the bbq restaurant which is a part off the hotel is great don't go if you don't have an appetite. a lot off meat for a great price per head. We had a great room overlooking the pool the only comment here was that the room clock ran backwards!!!!

Room Tip: all food outlets within 100 mtrs are great
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the Kuta Town Houses on two occasions in July 2014. Travelling with two kids (aged 7 and 5) it was difficult for us to find a hotel that could fit us all in the room, or that would not charge an arm and a leg for a rollaway bed. We stayed in the one bedroom studio - basically a large open room with a small kitchenette in the corner. The sofa in the corner converts into a bunk bed for the kids. On both occasions we stayed on the fourth floor in an attempt to reduce the noise of people swimming in the pool late into the night. We mostly succeeded.

On our first stay we had the unfortunate experience of a pipe bursting in the ceiling above us at 3AM on our first night. We were impressed with the response of the night staff, who came up, saw the waterfall, immediately moved us to another equivalent room, set up the bed for the kids and helped us move our things. OK, that was not a great start but it could have been salvaged by the response of the staff the next day. However, we did not receive an apology, compensation for things getting wet (luckily none of our valuables were damaged), discount for dinner or anything similar. In addition, during check-out the manager said we never asked for anything following the incident (not true, and when challenged about it he admitted that his staff asked him and he said that being moved rooms was enough). Then it turned out that although we booked via one of the travel sites and were quoted a per night price, the second night's price was allegedly more expensive than the first (with the second night being the one we were supposed to pay direct to the hotel). Communication and approach to client service was not great.

However, the positives outweighed the negatives and we stayed on our return from a week in Ubud (and learned how relative standards of accommodation actually are) - following our return from a disappointing stay elsewhere, we realised how clean smelling the place was, how large the room was and how well cleaned and serviced it was. For example, the daily service included a mopping of the floor - so great!

The pool is out of the sun most of the time and it was coolish, but did not stop us from enjoying it. The location is very central but taxi drivers do hate it and try to charge extra for going all the way to it. Just bargain hard.

We never tried the Brazilian BBQ but it smelled fantastic.

The wifi kept dropping out, had to be downstairs in the bar or on the balcony to be able to use it effectively.

We had a couple of power outages during our stay too, it was a bit strange because other building around seemed to regain power much faster.

The breakfast was OK - the staff were having trouble keeping up with demand and one always had to wait for plates.... or cups..... or pancakes..... or glasses.....

Overall, I would recommend staying here, especially if travelling with kids - but just hope that nothing unfortunate or out of the ordinary happens - you will get no sympathy. I suppose they are so busy they don't much care if they lose a client by poor service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor to try and minimise pool noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was my first time staying at KTH. I usually stay in Legian but as I was travelling solo and had friends already booked at KTH, I thought I would give them a go. They had come highly recommended to me from a few friends.

I had a driver collect me from the airport so I had no issues with him doing pick up and drop off to reception. I also didn't mind walking down Poppies to find a taxi if I needed one. I did see they had a free shuttle service but didn't use it on my trip. The apartments are in a great location. Only a 5 minute walk to the beach in one direction and 5 minute walk to Legian Street/bars and clubs in the other.

I booked a Studio Extra unit in Stage 3. The room looked great and was quite large. It came with a kitchen and full sized fridge, although you aren't allowed to remove any of the mini bar items which take up most of the fridge. The balcony was a nice size. The only fault I had with the room itself was it always felt wet. I'm not sure if it was due to the weather but the kitchen bench always had condensation on it as did the doors to the balcony and the desk. Housekeeping came in one morning about 9am and the floor was still wet when I returned to my room at around 2:30. The bathroom was a good size and I had no issues getting hot water. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom.

My room was at the end of the corridor and faced Poppies 1. It could be quite noisy at times, the noise was mainly scooters. It was above the carpark as well so I could hear the scooters as they went in and out. They were also building the new stage next to my room and that could be noisy at times too, although that was only during the day so it didn't fuss me too much. It is also quite noisy in the complex with kids in the pool (as late as 11pm some nights). Again, that didn't fuss me too much.

Breakfast had a good selection in both restaurants and there was never any problems getting a table. I enjoyed the food each day. I also joined my friends at the Brazillian Aussie BBQ one night. Although the food was great, it was quite slow coming around and there was quite a few things they didn't bring around that they advertise (potato, lamb being 2 that I can remember). We were also only offered the chicken wrapped in bacon once and were only given one piece. It was my favourite out of the meats they brought around so would have liked it to come around a few more times.

The hotel staff at the front desk were lovely and very helpful. Check in was quick and easy and I enjoyed the welcome drink I received on arrival. Room service was quick and all staff would say hello as they past you. I felt very at home. I would advise to keep track of the mini bar though. I had no issue in my room, I only had 3 bottles of water from my mini bar and that is all I was charged for but my friends were charged for 2 packets of peanuts that were sitting on top of the fridge (the staff even put another 2 packets next to them). As we were both flying out on the same night but they were leaving before me and paid for a whole night, I checked out of my room that morning and kept my bags in their room. The staff gave me permission to stay in their room and do the checkout process when I left. My friends cleared their room service/mini bar bill when they got collected for the airport. I didn't touch anything in the mini bar after they left yet I was charged for 2 bottles of cider that were still sitting in the fridge. I am assuming they charged me for the 2 empty bottles we had sitting on the table that we purchased downstairs earlier that day. It was only $6 but when I asked them to go back and check the fridge they refused to and made me pay. This was at 4:30am so it wasn't the usual front desk staff who had been lovely each time we spoke to them.

My stay was mostly positive and I think the apartments are perfect if you have kids with you. Would I stay there again? If I was looking at staying in Kuta again I probably would, although I would be tempted to give somewhere else a go too.

Room Tip: Try and get stage 3 if you can, it's the newer stage and the rooms seem nicer.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was my fourth stay at KTH. Location is awesome, although the taxi drivers hate it. Pool was cold so only swam once. The staff were friendly and helpful as always. I had a studio room and was aware that they are located along the noisiest alley way. My only real negative was that I only managed one hot shower in five days, maybe it was because we were on the 4th floor? But the shower was never fully hot. Breakfast was much improved from my last stay and the room service was prompt and fresh.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Kuta Town House Apartments? Share your experiences!