“Good stay again but ................................” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Kumala Pantai
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Werkudara, Legian Kaja, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #45 of 177 hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Good stay again but ................................”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed 16 - 23 Feb. Wife & I have stayed here 3 times now and was our 20th trip in total to Bali. I book Y Block (overlooking large pool) which has increased in price last couple of years. Now costs $90 per night which really, is getting up there compared to other nearby hotels. Rooms really could do with a freshen up.

Not sure what some people expect, but comments that the staff are unfriendly amuses me.... Not sure what people expect - always curtious and smile but I think some people want them to "fall all over them".

Breakfast, is fine but like any place if you stay for 7 days or more, will become a little tired. Good nearby restaurants. Recommend Mozarella's for an authentic Italian meal. Waterfront retaurants are fine and not expensive at all.

Room Tip: Y Block for me to stay in.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Well we are back from our second stay at the KP. Overall, once again a great experience. I found the reception staff welcoming and cheerful, actually the 3 of us did which was great. Ill agree some of the restaurant staff would benefit from a smile here or there but I wont tarnish them all with the same brush - most of them were great!

I had booked a Junior Suite this time and loved the extra space. There were 3 of us so they had a pull out bed which was placed in the lounge area making it a room of its own. More than spacious to accomodate the 3 of us. There was no construction noise what so ever. We stayed in S block again on the bottom floor this time which made the pool literally two steps from our suite doors which was brilliant and soooooo good not to have to climb stairs after a morning of shopping (lazy me speaking there!).

This time I did notice the towels were a little "tired" (every day) which wasnt something i picked last time. One very big negative to me personally is the WIFI. Or lack of. In the restaurant between about 6am and 7.30am when they are setting up, its reasonable (and free) after that you will struggle to get any movement from it. Wifi in the rooms was quite expensive and all 3 of us continuosly got booted from that also. This was frustrating because if you hadnt logged out, it still took your minutes away while you were trying to log back in. I think if I didnt have work committments whilst I was away, this wouldnt have been such a drama. Afterall - we were on holidays. We often just snuck to Waroeng Tropical, there free wifi was great.

So effectively, my stay was lovely again - will I stay again??? ....well location is brilliant and the grounds and gardens are stunning, so if I was able to do without the wifi - yes absolutely.

Highly recommend the pesto pasta, pizzas and creme brulee with ice cream. Thank you KP for another lovely stay. We all enjoyed it.

Room Tip: S block is a great block to stay - its right next to, or overlooks one of the pools. Bottom floor u...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed 23 Feb to 3 March 2013 in Y block. This was our third stay in this hotel, we just love the place and we will be returning again next year.
This hotel is a hidden gem and takes great pride in preserving those Bali paradise gardens we all love. So many hotels and resorts now are a mass of concrete, and too chic with too little garden. It is a real joy to walk through the gardens of this hotel and admire the large trees creating a rain forest type canopy above the pathways. The pools have overhanging trees in areas perfect for those with young children or for those who just want to sleep. There is also ample opportunity to catch some sun. There are ample poolside lounges surrounding the pools.The pools and grounds are very clean. The service was terrific and the staff very helpful and friendly at all times.
Breakfast was certainly ample for those who love a cooked breakfast. Cereal, fresh fruit bagels, breads, yogurt, juices etc were also added to the spread. We love sitting at breakfast, gazing out at the beach and people watching, and taking in a gentle breeze. Keep an eye out for the squirrels who venture down the large tree trunk to retrieve the bread crusts placed there for them.
The hotel is in a perfect location with good restaurants right next door on the beach front. There are also two delicatessans very close by.
We did not use room service at all but the poolside menu was great, the food was terrific, fresh and tasty.
The rooms were spacious with plenty of room to spread things out. Bathroom was also very spacious, very clean and well maintained. There are two showers, one in the bath and another seperate very spacious shower cubicle. This is great considering other hotels only have shower in the bath. The aircon worked fine and the room was quiet, we could not hear noise from surrounding rooms.
The hotel has no gym but no problem at all. Just go right next door to the Seaside fitness centre.A casual visit is just 80,000 rp, they have all the gear for a decent workout before you go back to Kumala Pantai and devour the excellent breakfast.
The Kumal Pantai is a wonderful well priced hotel, with great service, wonderful staff, great accomodation, excellent grounds and gardens. We took the opportunity to have a look at adjacent hotels on this visit but they just don't measure up to all the Kumala Pantai offers.
Just stay here !!!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra (it is realy quite reasonable) consider ground floor new section S or SG block w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times over the last few years with my family and partner. I adore this hotel. The staff are so warm and friendly even the security guards. The restaurant has beautiful gourmet pizza that's pairs very nicely with there yummy cocktails. The pool area is just amazing. With two large pools that have traditional Balinese themes and a bar in one. Also the location is great being close to kuta and seminyak and right across the road is the beach!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Staff were brilliant, rooms clean, food very good and pools beautiful. For $85 AUD a night for two of us was excellent value for money. The large pool was big enough to do laps in which was a bonus as they didn't have a fitness centre. If you want an authentic Bali hotel then this is it. Close to great Restaraunts and some good market shopping. It's a good walk to kuta but certainly doable. If you want to tan then get to the pool early as there aren't many lounges in the sun. My only complaint would be the hard beds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here last year after having stayed away from Bali for 12 years. I booked a twin share room for myself and a friend and being in the travel industry I had hoped they would have looked after me. Was not the case :-(
We had a room on the very end of the hotel close to a laneway that motor bikes drove up and down all day and night....very loud!
The rooms was very dirty, while I understand hotels in humid countires tend to suffer mould issues, it was the filthy state of under the bed and the grime around the room that I was not impressed with. The celing was very badly water damaged and needed a good paint job.
The rooms do need some TLC and maybe a soft refurbishment to freashen them up?
The pool I was very happy with and spent a lot of time in. The breakfast on most days was good but having to pay for decent coffee was a little wrong I thought?
Overall I am not sure I would stay there again unless they carry out some form of soft referb on the rooms?
Also they need wifi in the rooms or by the pool, only being able to log in at breakfast was not good as they did state free wifi, but never mentioned where it was limited too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
dubbo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My daughters and I spent 10 nights here. Our first trip to Bali.
The room was fine - a little cramped with our extra roll away bed but no matter.
The beds were firm but comfortable (pillows & towels a little old)
Hotel grounds were lush & immaculately maintained - gave a real sense of transitional Balinese landscaping
The only disappointment for us was the breakfast which was below standard.
Otherwise our stay at this hotel was lovely & would recommend it for great location, good value & service!!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Hotel Kumala Pantai? Share your experiences!