“Lovely location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Perth
“Lovely location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel with my husband for a week and then my daughters for a few days. We had an upstairs room quite a walk from the Resteraunt this wasn't too bad as the gardens are quite spectacular. The rooms are clean, the pools are lovely and the grounds are beautifully maintained. The only complaint I had was that the staff in the Resteraunt were actualy quite unfriendly. I have been to Bali 16 times and some of the hotels have been 1-2 star at best but always always friendly service. It might have been a bad week but I'm actually a very smiley person and getting one returned was like pulling teeth. I made a game of it in the end to make them smile at me. Don't get me wrong the service wasn't bad, I just really love the Balinese people and I like to talk to them and learn the Bahasa language. So, just my personal gripe, my husband actually loved it there and would stay again. I prefer the Maharta, rooms a little dated but the best food and staff I've found.
Happy travels.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room pretty much anywhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Indonesian first
Leongatha, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Kumala Pantai over Xmas, what a wonderful place ~ pools very big and well maintained ~ lovely breakfast ~ rooms cleaned ~ great location ~ beauitful people very helpful ~ most of all a very reasonable priced place to stay food beer and rooms couldn't ask for more than that.
We will be returning to Kumala Pantai, l believe it's you who make's the holiday yourself and this was a great relaxing place to stay to top it off :)

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for Christmas for the week and enjoyed our stay, this hotel is great for location and the massive pool that has lots of shade. Rooms are good value and breakfast is enough and has nice outlook. We like the evening entertainment. The staff are very friendly. I love the gardens and shady walkways etc...so tropical and lush. We had rooms in H block, they were fine, a little noise from Jln Werkerdra but all good...Air con needed new gas and they fixed promptly. To email this hotel is very easy, Luhnik and Desi are very prompt and helpful. No probs with towels etc in room, dont know what the fuss is about...and I am fussy....Lots of choice for restaurants etc and shopping...Only thing would be is too stop people from entering pool with beer bottles and these could smash into pool. Pool staff should put a stop to this. I have stayed at Febirs and the owner of this hotel is strict with this rule as he had a guest cut thier foot open and alot of stitches...thats my only gripe...we would stay again for sure. Thanks KP...

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Kumala pantai its a good hotel. But i don't know why they put a living room? It's a wet floor when you come. But you must turn on a air con. I vas a in a state SG on the"junior suite" on the ground floor. I have a swimming pool front my nose. I like a jungle when i go on breakfast. In the hotel is two swimming pool. In the reception was a lot of big tatues. I like this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We recently spent a week at Kumala Pantai and I knew we weren't in for a luxury retreat but the standards are pretty ordinary. We booked an Ambassador Suite (2 bedrooms and living) in S Block on the ground floor which was a great size and across from the pool which was handy for the kids (but not dangerous if you are worried about kids escaping).

Sheets and towels were old and stained and I'm not fussy but the level of cleanliness was pretty poor.

Breakfast was basic, room service was good quality and reasonable priced.

Obviously a positive is the location being beach front as well being close to shops, the pools were also nice and not over-crowded.

Don't think we'll be back to KP, we've stayed at O-CE-N, Padma and Legian Beach Hotel which we enjoyed and we will probably go back to one of these resorts next time.

Room Tip: S05 and S06 is an Ambassador Suite on the new pool/new building and was quiet and a great location
Port Kennedy, Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here previously and then again in July. We had interconnecting rooms in S block overlooking the pool. The rooms are very spacious and the shower is the best shower I have had in Bali.
Breakfast is pretty good. Nice view overlooking the beach.
The downside is one particular man that works at the pool bar. No wonder people don't spend time there, he is very unfriendly and makes you feel uneasy about ordering a drink. He would have to drag himself away from watching the tv behind the bar. There is no atmosphere around the pool, it's quite boring really. Mostly balinese nannies looking after small children all day.
We did not find the staff very friendly and has really put us off staying at this hotel.
Which is a shame as its location and beach access is great.

• Stayed July 2012
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel located opposite the beach in a quieter area of Bali which is attractive. I wouldn't rate the hotel as Very Good and Average seems a little unfair. It is tidy and staff are friendly enough. The pool is a real asset and surprised that during the peak Christmas period they didn't open the pool bar later at night and encourage people to enjoy the surrounds. The breakfast is average and as such I wasn't tempted to stay for dinner. The hotel sells wifi and the restaurant has free wifi, but don't waste your time trying to log on, it is so slow pages don't load. Best bet is to walk onto the road at the beach front, turn right and walk to the first cafe which has great internet and good place to drink/eat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Kumala Pantai? Share your experiences!