“Garden Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Garden Beach Resort

You added Bali Garden Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bali Garden Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Dewi Sartika, P.O.Box 1062, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #39 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
australia
“Garden Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the BGBR with our adult children and thier partners. For them it was thier first experience of Bali. So no better place to stay and enjoy than the BGBR. They like us had a ball staying here. Right on the beach central to everything...just perfect. The staff were great and in particular Danni who not only helped me organise our renewal of marriage (vows) but also read the original wedding script my wife and I used some 30 years ago at our wedding. Danni helped with floral arrangements and an appropriate place in the beautiful gardens of the resort to exchange our vows. Thank you Danni for making this special holiday a most memorable one. Thank you to all the attentive staff at the resort. We truly and highly recommend the BGBR to all who want to experience a relaxing holiday in beautiful surrounds.
Regards
Wayne & Donna

Room Tip: A room overlooking the graden ponds.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear AustraliaWff,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Team in the Bali Garden Beach Resort looks forward to looking after you!

I have taken great pleasure in passing on your compliments to the Team and especially Dani – thank you for making special mention.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

If I could be of any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed at the hotel with a group of friends between 4 to 10 April 2013. Location of the hotel is fantastic. Central to everything....Prices of food and drinks at the pool bar were better than ost other hotels we have stayed at in Bali...the Chicken Parmi is very good.
Staff are nice and friendly but the one real let down was the breakfast. Although it did the job, it certainly is the poorest breakfast ive had at any of my numerous stays in Bali hotels. The quality and variety of food isnt the best and having the bacon served to you is really average.
Rooms are nice and big, although getting a bit old and run down.....Overall, you get what you pay for....it does the job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Deant164,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you very much for your review.

So glad to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at the Bali Garden Beach Resort.

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have been travelling to Bali for approx 40 years and have stayed at many places in various locations. In May 2012 I had the pleasure of staying at the Bali Garden Beach Resort where I was pleasantly surprised by all aspects of this property including its location right on the beach. Have probably walked past this Resort on numerous occasions over the years but have never discovered what it has to offer. As a result of my stay in 2012, my wife and son stayed there last month (March 2013) and I am returning in a couple of weeks (April 2013). I stayed in a Deluxe Room which was well appointed and overlooked the lush tropical gardens and ponds. The room was pleasantly decorated, airconditioner worked fine with bar fridge, safety deposit box, large TV and free bottled water which was supplied daily. The highlight of the morning was the exceptional breakfast which catered for everyone. This property has 3 pools but I found I spent a lot of time at the adult spa pool which was quiet and relaxing. The Boardwalk Restaurant near the beach delivered excellent, reasonably priced food. The Superior Rooms face the street so if you dont mind seeing and hearing the night life then this may suit you. The Deluxe Rooms face towards the gardens, pools and beach which is a much quieter stay. I found Staff to be very friendly and helpful, so if you have any problems or need assistance just ask - there is nothing worse than having a disappointing holiday. Looking forward to my return visit later this month.

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe Room which faces the gardens.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear WanderEdd,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Bali Garden Beach Resort. As it is through verbal comments and Tripadvisor that we are able to improve our services.

It is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours, I know your points made on the survey will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is our hope that we will be welcoming your return in the future.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is an OK place for a short period, and a short walk to the beach and all its hassles and commercialism. Our complaint was that the AC unit, even at full blast, was barely able to keep the climate inside tolerable. The owner said all their units had just been checked over, but compared to other AC units on Bali, this one was very poor. Gardens are nice. They take cash only. We cannot imagine staying in a room without AC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cholatse,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bali Garden Beach Resort. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have certainly addressed the issues you experienced regarding the AC with our Engineering team as at Bali Garden we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the benefit of the doubt and choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My son and I spent six days at the Bali Garden Beach Resort after a family member had stayed there recently. We were picked up by the tour operator from the airport and driven to the hotel. Our booking for this hotel was made in Sept. 2012 and we requested a Deluxe Room which our travel agent and myself followed up with emails to ensure we would be given the room we requested. On arrival to the hotel we were directed to take ' a seat' which we did for about 20 minutes. A staff member came over to inform us he would take us to our room, I was pleasantly surprised that our room request had been acted upon.
The room was pleasantly decorated, a/c worked, bar fridge was empty which allows for you to stock your own supplies of whatever. Bathroom was clean and our towels were changed during our six day stay. Guests are also provided with two free bottles of spring water daily. Plenty of storage for clothes etc. We took our own beach towels but these can be 'hired' on arrival. The resort is an oasis of gardens and, it would be worth your while to walk around the resort to get 'your bearings'. We took breakfast early in the resort and food choice and service was excellent. Lunch & dinner we either ate at Kafe Batan Waru or ordered room service from the Boardwalk Restaurant both of which delivered excellent, reasonably priced food choices and my son highly recommends the quarter pounder burger from the Boardwalk restaurant which he claims is better than the other quarter pounder! Some other meals were taken outside the resort.
If you want to visit Centro shopping mall you can tackle it via the main street with its hawkers or, take the extremely pleasant walk from the Boardwalk to Centro which is basically next door. Waterbom Park is across the road. I spent a lot of my time in the Adult Pool with it's spa which I really liked for a number of reasons. The other two pools in the resort were hugely popular with guests and were always 'hives' of activity from sun-up to sundown. While staying at this resort I decided to treat myself to a Spa treatment. I booked into Tari Spa (located on the 1st Floor) of the resort - they also have an outdoor spa located near the Adult Pool for treatments. I chose the Tari Beauty package which was 2.5 hours of bliss for AUD$35. I have a smile on my face every time I think of the plunge bath filled with rose petals - that's a girl thing! While we were staying at the Resort there was a wedding - I won't mention any names but, it was so well done. We (hotel guests) were 'uninvited' guests & I'm sure the general consensus was it was beautiful. Early next morning the only remnants from the wedding were the white rice paper shades facing Kuta beach.
I've been holidaying in Bali for 40 years and my young son has been to Bali numerous times as well, this is our first time at this Resort. Don't forget to take in a Bali sunset from the Boardwalk.

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear gypsymum,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

I really appreciate your great review – thank you!

I’m thrilled you enjoyed your experience on all levels and I’m especially pleased the team looked after you so well.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

If there is anything I could do to assist in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay somewhere different this trip to Bali for a few nights from our usual hotel...location of this hotel is what reeled us in ..but everything else to do with this hotel was terrible....we had organised a airport pickup transfer with this hotel...only to find when we entered the jungle of signs outside the airport that we had no transfer...there were drivers from the hotel there..but not for us...they didn't have our names...after finally arriving at hotel..we notified staff that hey didn't pick us up..they seemed surprised..telling us they didn't check our arrival time...we were shown to our room..to find the tv didn't work , bathroom was dirty ,needed refurbishment (tiles missing on bath) and our balcony overlooked the garden (which was lovely) but couldn't enjoy sitting on the balcony due to the air conditioning unit being placed there between balconys .blowing hot air on you...asked if tv could be fixed ..was told it was a satellite problem...during our 3day stay noone explained anything more..so tv remained not working..pool area was nice ..but not a place to relax. ...At times during our stay very loud grown men continually doing bombs in pool area ..definitely wont stay here again ..won't recommend to my friends..

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Bindi W,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am naturally extremely concerned you did not enjoy your stay and offer my sincere apologies.

This is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave with and I would appreciate an opportunity to put that right.

To that end, I would be pleased if you could contact me direct on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issues and find an satisfactory resolution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Bali Garden, and already looking forward to returning again.
I have stayed at many hotels in Australia that are 4+ stars, and this place although only with a 3.5star rating, shines above Aussie Hotels.
100% felt comfortable and secure staying at this hotel, amazing facilities, and the best restaurant in Bali - Broadwalk!! $5.30 Chicken Parmies people, and they are the best Chicken Parmies I have ever had!!
Hotel location is central to the Discovery Shopping Mall, fast food outlets, right on the beach, and across the road from Waterbom Park.
Staff are always pleasant, greeting you with a friendly face & smile.
Wouldn't even consider staying at any another hotel in Kuta, Bali Garden will be our first and only choice for accommodation in Bali.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Mark C,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience regarding your stay at Bali Garden Beach Resort

We are delighted to serve you as our guest and you are right, we have the best accommodation location close to everywhere. I am glad to know that you were impressed with our various offerings.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Been to Bali Garden Beach Resort? Share your experiences!