I spent 2 weeks at the Bali Garden in February with my best friend and had a great holiday. My friend had stayed at the Bali Garden before and was confident that I would like it. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived and was very happy with her choice.
We booked a deluxe twin room,away from the road and ended up with a 3rd floor room overlooking the cafe, where breakfast is served. The room was fairly quiet, airconditioning was fantastic and the beds were comfy.
The grounds of the hotel were well maintained and nice to wander around. We spent most afternoons in the smaller pool, away from the pool bar. We liked this pool because it is quiet, has shaded cabanas and is "adults only". The pool closed at 6pm each night, when we would wander up to the beach and watch the sunset and the locals playing soccer on the beach.
The main pool is more lively, however I found the chlorine to be a wee bit strong, I guess they are compensating for the pool bar and kids!
The location is great for shopping and restaurants and is about a 15 minute walk in to the pub/club area. We walked in to the pub/club area most nights, and there was also plenty of transport available.
We ate at the Boardwalk Restaurant a few times and were very impressed with the food, price and the service from the staff. We also tried the local restaurant at the front of the hotel and enjoyed the meals there too. The "rendang sapi" was one of my favourite meals for the whole trip! I thought the breakfast at the cafe was pretty average, but I am a bit of a picky eater and am used to more variety.
We took advantage of the DVD player rental on our quiet nights in and the onsite internet cafe was handy for checking emails etc.
The staff at the hotel were verfy friendly and helpful and we felt very safe with the level of security staff within the hotel.
My only gripe is that we were not able to change our pool towels everyday, as they seemed to constantly run out. The girl in the shop was very appologetic, but it did get a wee bit annoying.
All up, it was a great place to stay and I would happily return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect seaside holiday at the Bali Garden Beach Resort. Located right on the beach, next to Discovery Shopping Mall, across the road from Waterbom Park and a short stroll to the Matahari Shopping Square and the Seni Art Market, the resort is the most convenient place to stay. With three swimming pools, four restaurants, four bars and a spa, plus the style, service and warm welcoming smiles that make Bali famous, the Bali Garden Beach Resort offers fantastic value in a stunning oceanfront location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Bali Garden Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Garden Beach Hotel Kuta
- Bali Garden Beach Resort Kuta