“A very easy place to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Garden Beach Resort

You added Bali Garden Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bali Garden Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Dewi Sartika, P.O.Box 1062, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #39 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“A very easy place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I spent 2 weeks at the Bali Garden in February with my best friend and had a great holiday. My friend had stayed at the Bali Garden before and was confident that I would like it. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived and was very happy with her choice.
We booked a deluxe twin room,away from the road and ended up with a 3rd floor room overlooking the cafe, where breakfast is served. The room was fairly quiet, airconditioning was fantastic and the beds were comfy.
The grounds of the hotel were well maintained and nice to wander around. We spent most afternoons in the smaller pool, away from the pool bar. We liked this pool because it is quiet, has shaded cabanas and is "adults only". The pool closed at 6pm each night, when we would wander up to the beach and watch the sunset and the locals playing soccer on the beach.
The main pool is more lively, however I found the chlorine to be a wee bit strong, I guess they are compensating for the pool bar and kids!
The location is great for shopping and restaurants and is about a 15 minute walk in to the pub/club area. We walked in to the pub/club area most nights, and there was also plenty of transport available.
We ate at the Boardwalk Restaurant a few times and were very impressed with the food, price and the service from the staff. We also tried the local restaurant at the front of the hotel and enjoyed the meals there too. The "rendang sapi" was one of my favourite meals for the whole trip! I thought the breakfast at the cafe was pretty average, but I am a bit of a picky eater and am used to more variety.
We took advantage of the DVD player rental on our quiet nights in and the onsite internet cafe was handy for checking emails etc.
The staff at the hotel were verfy friendly and helpful and we felt very safe with the level of security staff within the hotel.
My only gripe is that we were not able to change our pool towels everyday, as they seemed to constantly run out. The girl in the shop was very appologetic, but it did get a wee bit annoying.
All up, it was a great place to stay and I would happily return.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are all away from the road, so tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The lobby looks impressive - and thats where it ends. We had come from a three star place - Kuta Lagoon (which was our second stay there, never disappoints) to this four star place to stay as a special way to end our last two nights in Bali. The room we were given smelt like Kuta sewerage and was that bad, we had to ask to move rooms, and we hate asking things like that. It has to be bad for us to ask things like that. The next room didnt smell at least, but the bathroom door didnt latch, that we didnt care about. The pool areas are nice, but not once did I see anyone swimming in the front pool by the beach, im unsure why. I felt the room was not even as clean as Kuta Lagoon, and for a four star I did expect more. The base of the bed linen had a black smudge on it, no big deal, but coming from a three star place, seeing this at a four star place did surprise me. The lobby may was rude. I ended up coming down with dengue fever on my last night in Bali, and was trying to relax in the lobby and he would not let me! Even though I was about to pass out! That was my last memory of my trip so I am a little bitter about him!! I ended up going to the airport an hour earlier than intended just to have somewhere to sit down without being hassled. Lobby man- I told you I would put this on trip advisor!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is our 2nd stay having stayed just over a year ago. Bali Gardens has a lovely ambience and charm and we loved it just as much the second time around. The Boardwalk cafe has lovely food at good prices, they are a little slow with their service though. 7 of us stayed in the 3-bedroom villa (older style) and we were very happy with it. We were originally upgraded to the new 3-bed villa but it had some plumbing problems so moved out. But it was a beautiful villa and more spacious, I wouldn't hesitate to stay in either villa next time. Breakfast is sufficient without being a huge buffet and the staff are really efficient cooking pancakes, eggs and cleaning plates from tables quickly. The pools are always fun to be around any time. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms are good value
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Mandurah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Great hotel, food good clean, but would of prefered to be on the garden side the famiy rooms faced a fence and couldnt let children go out on patio but in saying that would have no problem recommending this hotel and we re booked to go back the day after returning to Perth
The kids loved the pool and the staff were very friendly

Room Tip: ask for room on the garden side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is our tenth stay at Bali Garden so it's like home to us. Since our last trip in 2010 they have upgraded the room we stayed in. It was a pleasant surprise to us and made the stay more enjoyable. We had a look in to their new villas which looked great. As usual staff are always pleasant and helpful. The dining room has had a makeover as well. All good. It would be nice if the breakfast changed a bit as it has been the same since started staying here. Not that the food wasn't good but a change would be nice. The restaurant on the boardwalk was excellant and the service and friendliness of the girls at the beachside bar were fantastic.. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the gardens are the best.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

A friend and i stayed here from the 20th of Jan till the 29th of jan. Our check in left a little to be desired. Was told there would be a half hour. We thought that this would be fine a little annoying after a 5hr flight but oh well. Turns out it was more like and hour and a half and despite what their little letter says guranteeing room access by 3pm don't believe it as it was nearly half past 3 by the time we got to our room. Room itself was lovely and clean bathroom was a bit dated but served it's purpose. Cleaners where lovely and did a good job. Although if we only left 1 water bottle out they would only put 1 back when they should have put 2. Staff at the front desk whilst polite where miss informed which was annoying. The telephone service in to the hotel did not work for almost our entire stay making it impossible for our families to ring in. I wonder if it was a money thing as i think we ended up spending $500 aud on our room bill for telephone use alone. We purchased items from home to donate to an orphanage when asking the staff at reception where the orphanage was they had no idea. Now i would accept this as fine had they not have a donation box for an orphanage on their reception counter! Not one of them could tell us which orphanage this was for! Chrissy fund perhaps? The boardwalk resturant was lovely and most nights they had a show of some sort on making it very interesting. Prices where more then resonable for hotel food. Only issue i had was despite it saying there are no other pets allowed at the hotel aside from the security dog there was a guest with a dog. I am not sure if this person was a guest of the hotel or not but they where dinning at the boardwalk and the dog approached me barking it was quite intimidating and unwelcome when trying to have dinner.Also ate at the resturant next door and it was nice and as a hotel guest you recieved 15% discount so that was a bonus. We had originaly requested a deluxe room but our travel agent buggered up and we ended up with a superior. That was fiine but we did face to rd and we where at the end of the corridor making it one of the nosiest rooms i think. The night clubs and the road works going all night could be heard through the door and as a light sleeper this kept me up. Next time i'd make sure that a deluxe had been booked these are overlooking the garden area and would be quieter. We had an issue with our room bill that was rectified and the charge was removed but next day it had been put back on when questioned it was rectified and our money was refunded. There was one particular lady that seemed less then enthusiastic to be there. When asked about a taxi to the airport she said ^
60,000 idr which i knew was expensive but didn't really care as we wanted to get it done. When we did check out we asked for a taxi a blue bird came and it was on the meter we ended up only paying 15,000 idr a big difference!
Overall our stay was lovely and if i was to stay in kuta again i would book here

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Great location, great staff, clean comfortable rooms, restaurants very nice and both times I have stayed it has been very affordable. Could sit at the boardwalk bar all day with the great staff and ice cold binding, dinging sekali, terima kasih

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Bali Garden Beach Resort? Share your experiences!