“Clean and nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Masa Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuta
Masa Inn
You added Masa Inn to your Saves list
Poppies Lane I / 27, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Kuta
Lempaala, Finland
“Clean and nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Peaceful pool, clean and nice rooms. Employees are excellent, they don't try to sell you anything and are really friendly. Breakfast was good and there are near good places to eat. They also give you a ride to the airport with reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Good cheap accommodation in great location with true Bali feel. Nice and simple place, clean rooms, good pool and nice enough breakfast. Very quiet and would recommend it to anyone who are not looking for overpriced 5 star hotel chain accommodation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at Masa Inn for three nights in July 2012. I have been to Bali and Kuta several times in my life, but this was the first time my husband and kids had been there. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Masa Inn.

The location was very close to the beach, only about a five minute walk. The hotel is located on Poppies Lane, so it was very close to an abundance of shops and restaurants, but far enough from the club scene so that it wasn't too loud at night.

We stayed in the Balinese suite, which we thought was worth the money. The hotel has two pools, and the grounds has a serene garden type of feel, so after a busy day of playing on the beach and sight-seeing, it was very relaxing to come back to a soak in the pool or laying on the lounge chairs. The breakfasts were good, though the options were quite limited.

One downside is that the hotel does look a little dated. But Masa Inn has been around since the 1970's, and still seems like a locally owned and managed hotel, which we were glad to support. The staff were very friendly and accommodating as well.

We plan to stay at Masa Inn again the next time we come to Kuta.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Amazing location 5 mins to Kuta beach if that is where you want to be. The grounds, pool, gardens etc all amazing. I tried to book highest room as still cheapen they only had a lower room. It was very dirty bathroom. No amenities I.e not even soap. I think they could charge $5 more I.e $40 people would still pay and they could bring rooms up to standard of the grounds and pools etc and add basics like hand soap. Wifi was spotty as well. Breakfast included that was god and was decent. Very god value but with just a little work this would be excellent

Room Tip: Upgrade to highest room you still won't pay more than $60 usd
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is my first time in Bali and friends recommended Masa Inn. Staff were fantastic, rooms were large with double bed and large single (or was it double and queen) - we used the smaller bed to put all our purchases on. Could do with a paint job but it didn't spoil our stay. Breakfast is included and is absolutely fantastic - Wednesdays and Saturday they also have Indonesian buffet breakfast. I couldn't fault this and it is surrounded by great restaurants ie Secret garden, Swell, La Waallan etc.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor facing reception - good large rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Loved it! Great Location, safe, peace and quiet at the hotel even though its on Poppies Lane. Relaxing pools, clean rooms, clean facilities and garden, friendly staff, well priced!

It was my second time there and will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: bottom room, quick and easy to excess pool ;)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times over the years and in my opinion this is the best value hotel in this area. I reviewed this hotel previously in 2009 and gave it 4 stars, now i am giving it 5. As kuta continues undergoing rapid development, it is getting increasingly hard to find good value hotels without a catch:dirty,noisy,construction, construction,construction!!

My latest visit here was with my girfriend for seven nights broken up over two weeks between oct-nov 2012 and we will be returning .One of the best things about this hotel is the great garden which totally blocks out the noise from the street outside. It is like stepping into a differenet world from the noise outside. The management have got the whole vibe right as there is no loud music playing or noisy pool bar. The pool is great, always clean with ample seating around it and towles to use. Never seems too crowded or busy, just relaxed and calm. A credit to the management for creating the atmosphere which they have here.

The rooms are simple yet I have always found them clean and adequate:hot water,safe,pay tv, fridge with complimentary water. Most of the rooms have seating out the front with views to the pool and garden.

I find the staff at this hotel to be friendly and helpful and unintrusive. NEVER do you get annoyed and offered massages, transport etc while in the hotel. No one tries to sell you anything or tries to make plans for you unless you ask for their help. The daily breakfast is good, and bigger and better than when we stayed here last time.

For those people who don't rate this hotel very well, I am interested to know of another hotel nearby which offers the same value and experience for this price? I was curious on my last visit to try and find something a little closer to the beach in the same price range but I couldn't. I also checked out a few other hotels close which are viewed highly in travel guides and in my opinion they didn't look as good as this place. Some look like tip sites full of construction, others look dingy and dull. I know the rooms are not the most modern but when you factor in everything such as the setting, pool,garden, staff and the whole atmosphere I can't fault it for the price.

Look forward to our next visit, thanks.

Room Tip: anywhere around the rear pool. A couple of room are a bit hidden on the edges of the staircase:avoid...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Masa Inn? Share your experiences!