“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Masa Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuta
Masa Inn
Save Saved
You added Masa Inn to your Saves list
Poppies Lane I / 27, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #16 of 175 Hotels in Kuta
Toronto, Canada
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Amazing location 5 mins to Kuta beach if that is where you want to be. The grounds, pool, gardens etc all amazing. I tried to book highest room as still cheapen they only had a lower room. It was very dirty bathroom. No amenities I.e not even soap. I think they could charge $5 more I.e $40 people would still pay and they could bring rooms up to standard of the grounds and pools etc and add basics like hand soap. Wifi was spotty as well. Breakfast included that was god and was decent. Very god value but with just a little work this would be excellent

Room Tip: Upgrade to highest room you still won't pay more than $60 usd
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is my first time in Bali and friends recommended Masa Inn. Staff were fantastic, rooms were large with double bed and large single (or was it double and queen) - we used the smaller bed to put all our purchases on. Could do with a paint job but it didn't spoil our stay. Breakfast is included and is absolutely fantastic - Wednesdays and Saturday they also have Indonesian buffet breakfast. I couldn't fault this and it is surrounded by great restaurants ie Secret garden, Swell, La Waallan etc.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor facing reception - good large rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Loved it! Great Location, safe, peace and quiet at the hotel even though its on Poppies Lane. Relaxing pools, clean rooms, clean facilities and garden, friendly staff, well priced!

It was my second time there and will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: bottom room, quick and easy to excess pool ;)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times over the years and in my opinion this is the best value hotel in this area. I reviewed this hotel previously in 2009 and gave it 4 stars, now i am giving it 5. As kuta continues undergoing rapid development, it is getting increasingly hard to find good value hotels without a catch:dirty,noisy,construction, construction,construction!!

My latest visit here was with my girfriend for seven nights broken up over two weeks between oct-nov 2012 and we will be returning .One of the best things about this hotel is the great garden which totally blocks out the noise from the street outside. It is like stepping into a differenet world from the noise outside. The management have got the whole vibe right as there is no loud music playing or noisy pool bar. The pool is great, always clean with ample seating around it and towles to use. Never seems too crowded or busy, just relaxed and calm. A credit to the management for creating the atmosphere which they have here.

The rooms are simple yet I have always found them clean and adequate:hot water,safe,pay tv, fridge with complimentary water. Most of the rooms have seating out the front with views to the pool and garden.

I find the staff at this hotel to be friendly and helpful and unintrusive. NEVER do you get annoyed and offered massages, transport etc while in the hotel. No one tries to sell you anything or tries to make plans for you unless you ask for their help. The daily breakfast is good, and bigger and better than when we stayed here last time.

For those people who don't rate this hotel very well, I am interested to know of another hotel nearby which offers the same value and experience for this price? I was curious on my last visit to try and find something a little closer to the beach in the same price range but I couldn't. I also checked out a few other hotels close which are viewed highly in travel guides and in my opinion they didn't look as good as this place. Some look like tip sites full of construction, others look dingy and dull. I know the rooms are not the most modern but when you factor in everything such as the setting, pool,garden, staff and the whole atmosphere I can't fault it for the price.

Look forward to our next visit, thanks.

Room Tip: anywhere around the rear pool. A couple of room are a bit hidden on the edges of the staircase:avoid...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed in a double-bed room on the second floor. It's a nice place to stay with very reasonable price. For me the most important things are they have clean bathroom, hot water, and a fridge. They have cable TV too, but it's Bali, you wouldn't be spending time watching TV anyway, right? Breakfast was pretty awesome for a cheap hotel. They serve toast, omelette, corn flakes, and a glass of orange juice. They have a big pool, and it took only 5 minutes walk to get to the Kuta beach. The front office people were very nice & helpful.
The only thing I don't like is that the corridors were dimly lit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have spent the last 10 days of my life at the Masa Inn in Kuta, Bali. This was my 8th time staying at this same hotel! The location is superb and the staff are very friendly and always willing and able to help when needed. The hotel is walking distance to everything good that Kuta has to offer. Whether that be good restaurants, shopping malls and stalls, clubs and bars or WaterBom park, you can easily get there from the Masa Inn. I highly reccomend this excellent and yet affordable hotel to anyone who is considering a trip to the magnificent island of Bali.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back pool... away from the busy streets and very relaxing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in five different room types over my stay at masa inn and each room was clean and cosy and nicely decorated. I would probably say The better rooms are located around the larger of the two pools, but all rooms were a pleasure to stay in. Incidentally, it was my fault I kept havig to move as I only intended on staying in kuta one night but felt so comfortable i kept on extending my stay two nights, then two more etc etc.
At one point during my stay I fainted at breakfast. I was instantly attended to and the doctor was called, I was helped to my room. The owner is a lovely woman who tended to me when I was ill, bringing me cool towels and generally keeping me company because I'm a solo female traveller (age 24). All the staff are as friendly as her and it made my stay there such a nice one!

The breakfast is varied, delicious and theres LOTS of it! You get three courses! I can't recommend the hotel more really. What great value for money.

Mostly I am making this review to say thank you to the masa inn staff for a great stay and all their help. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Masa Inn? Share your experiences!