“Close to airport, authentic bali hotel” 3 of 5 stars

The Alit
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Pura, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #122 of 180 Hotels in Kuta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Close to airport, authentic bali hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

It could have been much better if they pay attention more detailed for the bathroom. My personal experience was that the bathroom (room 18) was not as fresh/new as the bedroom. The toilet cannot be flushed well and i ordered someone to fix but he failed. Bathroom is very vital for any guest. Bedding is nice, room is spacious for budget accomodation. The hotel still survives after 25 years due to staff hospotality and some good upgrades and touches.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Liverpool, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi Filthy, the hotel needs to be scrubbed clean from top to bottom, we booked and paid for 26 knights at the Alit but moved out after 3 weeks, we only lasted 3 weeks because all other places were booked up but we ended up finding a room at the Bali Rani and paid to stay at the Bali Rani for our last week because we couldn't stay there any longer, gave up having breakfast about 3 days after arrival because of very poor choice on menu, the food was cold and always tasteless.

Service in restaurant very poor, one knight we sat in an empty restaurant for 35 minutes and still no one even tried to serve us so we left and got a taxi to Kute for our meals day and knight.

The cockroaches in the room was the last straw.

Never Again

Room Tip: I could not bring myself to rate this because there are no minus signs, do not stay here because it...
Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We booked this hotel merely for its proximity to the airport and were a little anxious given the varying reviews of the place. We would generally agree that the hotel has definitely seen better days. It is a lovely little oasis in the grounds but the rooms (we stayed in standard) were very plain and the brown and red bathrooms are quite hideous. However, the beds were comfortable, it was clean and quiet, the staff were helpful and welcoming. We caught the hotels free taxi into Kuta but could not use the free shuttle service, or have breakfast at the hotel as our flight was too early. Instead they provided a large takeaway breakfast of water and several pastries which were nice.
Overall a comfortable hotel for the price and as a layover.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Beijing, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed one night with my family. Right after checking in, we found a 4cm cockroach in bath room and my wife screamed when she saw it. I could not bring 2 babies to bathroom and went to hotel restaurant for dinner. Staff at restaurant were not professional and used Japanese during dinner even I spoke to them we are not Japanese. When I submitted my creadit card for dinner, they said they prefer cash and will add 3% more to dinner for card service fee if I still want to use card. I had no choice coz I only had rupia for airport and taxi. It was very uncomportable memories on the last day of Bali and wondered whether Bali is recommended for trip next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pleasanton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after arriving in Bali and before leaving. It is great because it is close to the airport and easy to get back and forth. But it is also great because it is quiet and peaceful. Gentle music in the restaurant, a calm quiet pool that you can relax or swim laps in, a little shop, and nice massage options to relax you before and after traveling. Many Japanese travelers there, but they understand English too. Our group was fine there. One speaks English and Bahasa and the other speaks English and a bit of Japanese. Highly recommended.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed hear for a night while on transit through Bali, didn't have time to go in the pool, which looks a little run down. We plan to stay there again before we fly out, but wouldn't recommend it for anything other than transit stop.

• Stayed July 2013
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I'd definitely recommend this place if you have an overnight in Bali en route to elsewhere, but it's not a place to stay if you want to be in Bali. The price was good, as I booked through Agoda.com and got their discount.

Very close to the airport, and the free pick-up service is good. So it’s not a bad choice if you have an early flight out, or get in late - except that the free pick-up service is not available before 8 a.m. - nor late at night, so you may have to pay for a taxi. However, having said that, I needed to go at 7:45, and one of the drivers had gotten to work early, so I got my free shuttle even though I was (slightly) outside the scheduled hours.

The hotel has a Japanese owner and mostly Japanese clientele, so the décor may appeal more to Japanese sensibilities. I didn’t like it. The furnishings were sparse - no end tables by the beds, nothing on the walls, and the dark brown bathtub, floor to ceiling walls and toilet left much to be desired aesthetically, to my American tastes. There’s a tv, if you want it, and a fridge if you want it, which is nice. I didn’t use the pool because of my short stay, but it looked ok. The water was basically clean, with a good clear color, but it looks as though they don’t scoop it often enough, so there was floating surface dirt.

Other reviews mention street and airplane noise, but I heard none, except while in the bathroom. In the room, with the bathroom door closed, all I heard was the gentle hum of the AC, and I slept well, even thoug I’m a light sleeper and very sensitive to noise. However, I was on the lower level of one of the 2-story buildings, so maybe having another room above cut the airport noise.

The spa is a nice feature - I got a good massage for what is a high price by Indonesian standards, but very cheap compared to what I pay at home. The restaurant serves pleasant food, which is a good thing, since unless you take a taxi or have your own transportation, there’s nowhere else to eat. The location is bad - although close to the airport, it’s not near anything else. It’s in a residential area with nothing in the vicinity.

The water in the shower never got hot - it only got to barely lukewarm, although I ran it for a long time. This may not be a general problem - when I mentioned it on check out, the woman I spoke to thanked me and said they would check it.

The Indonesian breakfast is just fried rice or fried noodles. The American gives you both eggs and pancake, plus bacon or ham if you eat such things. The pancakes appeared to be the real fluffy American style ones, not the crepe type that you mostly get in Bali. However, I tried the Japanese breakfast option, so I can only speak about the American one from glancing at someone else’s table. The Japanese option was an interesting experiment, but if I stayed there again I’d probably go with the American.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Alit? Share your experiences!