“Great budget hotel close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Segara Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bali Segara Hotel to your Saves list
Bali Segara Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   JL. Dewi Sartika Gg. Nusa Indah No.9, Kuta, Bali 80114, Indonesia   |
Ranked #72 of 176 hotels in Kuta
Darwin, Australia
“Great budget hotel close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was just looking for somewhere quiet and close to the airport to overnight between flights, and booked a night at the Bali Segara Hotel online.

I was really pleasantly surprised; the service was outstanding - included airport transfers and I was able to arrange a late check-out and a massage too. The food from the onsite restaurant was all freshly prepared and tasty as well.

The rooms aren't opulent, but they are clean, comfortable, and functional, with a certain amount of local charm. I had a balcony overlooking the pool, which was nice too - all at an affordable price. In short, next time I need somewhere to stay by the airport in Bali, I'd definitely consider coming back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Tried this place again. Really love the staff. Want to love this hotel. Really do, its so relaxed. Stayed 2 nights with layover in bali before flighing back to Australia. My daughter and husband left hotel with welts all over body. Both we hospitalized when we returned with dengy fever. My daughter neally died. World health association was alerted by hospital. This hotel needs to spray for mosquito's. Regret going back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BaliSegaraHotel, Owner at Bali Segara Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear legodudes

We regret to hear about your hospitalisation after returning from Bali. As we have not been able to verify when you had stayed with us, please provide us your reservation details by email to blsegara@indo.net.id.

Please note that the hotel does take preventative measures against mosquito-borne illnesses common throughout Bali including the regular fogging of the hotel compound. We will further increase these preventative measures, however we still cannot guarantee a mosquito-bite-free environment to anyone. After all, mosquitos are prevalent in Bali and other than the preventative measures, are beyond our control. Travellers are hence advised by government bodies to also take personal measures to avoid insect bites throughout Bali such as using an insect repellent as required.

We do every effort to provide a comfortable stay and excellent service to our guests. Rest assured we do listen to all our guests’ feedback and action these feedbacks appropriately.

Kind regards
BaliSegaraHotel
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very close to airport, very good value for money at just under $40AU a night. Pool was nice to look at, rooms were clean but a little bit old. The toilet was broken in our room. Would stay here again if I was in transit or needed to be close to the aiport. Good service

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at the Bali Segara Hotel as I was on my way elsewhere in Indonesia so wanted to be close to the airport.

I had a standard room which was small and quite dated but had everything I needed for a quick stay. Lovely balcony overlooking the pool.

The grounds are lovely, a little oasis with a beautiful pool for such an inexpensive place.

Staff have been great and I will be back next time I'm transmitting through Bali.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Oh well, it has character. And cats. And a central swimming pool. And old, run-down rooms. But it is practically on the runway! so, if you need somewhere to stay close to the airport, this is OK. On the way back, we stayed at the Harris Hotel instead - it is new and sparkling, however they are a big chain and it is good to share the business :)

Room Tip: They are all on top of one another, so take ear plugs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

A very nice hotel. Great service, very friendly staff, especially in the bar, restaurant and shuttle service. Free shuttle to the beach and shops. But it is a little too far from supermarkets and cafes. Hotel has quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Nice breakfasts.

Room Tip: Laguna room has a private access to the swimming pool. But there is not much sun light in the room t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights and we felt that it's just a usual hotel in Bali with basic facilities (pool, free wifi, restaurant, daily house keeping, safe box in the closet and pick up svc from/to airport). Good thing is it's close to a number of attractive places in Bali (Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Uluwatu, Tanah Lot and possibly Ubud for some ppl). It took me about 45 min on a motorbike ride to Ubud, which is not a problem. Cost of rental for the bike is 50,000 rupiah/day from the hotel. No qualms about that as it was a good condition bike. The hotel staff seems friendly, however they do not talk much except for the hotel manager whom we usually chat with for a moment each time we bump into each other.

The rooms seems a little bit old with some cracks and repaired furnitures still being used. I was informed that the hotel is already 20 years old. Understood that, however maybe some maintenance work would be great. The breakfast wasn't fantastic. Tried for 2 days and didn't wanted more. We do have mosquito problems at night too, can't sit at the balcony for long even thought I like to enjoy the view of the pool. Doors must be kept shut at night which is really not my type - gives me the feeling of claustrophobia. Overall, I'll give an average score. Not the kind of hotel that I can stay in all day (I spent 4 nights in a guest house in Kerobokan earlier and I felt like not wanting to go anywhere, do anything). I got bored already in this hotel aft the 1st half of the day.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bali Segara Hotel? Share your experiences!