“Not balance with price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #123 of 174 hotels in Kuta
Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
“Not balance with price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I went to this hotel in 5-7 February 2014. We got this hotel because an accident from other hotel. We don't feel any bad because we pay it so cheap around $12/night. But when I ask about real price to receptionist its around 450k rupiah or $40. And it's expensive for the room and things that we got there. I don't have any pic of the bathroom but the bathroom seems so old, Everythings just hanged up so high (because I'm Indonesian) like small cupboard with mirror in bathroom, or AC remote case. But nevermind. Cleaning service come everymorning around 9am. And I dunno why but floor under the bad seems much dusts.
We didn't get breakfast (you can expected because the price and why we stay in this hotel). Sometimes AC (air conditioning) doesn't work, that's why we decided to never turn off the AC!
We got refrigerator, the small one under the table. It works and it's enough for some of ur drinks!
It has swimming pool and it's the plus poin because you can swim and talking with other guests. We had good moment in swimming pool because people (guests) are nice eventhough they come from other country like New Zealand, Hungary, etc. But the swimmingpool is not really clean. They seemed don't clean it for a bit long time. And do not shower in shower corner! It's creepy! full with moss.
Maybe you can choose other hotel with same price and get better quality! unless if this hotel offer you cheap or big discount!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
Perth WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is pretty much a hole but for $20 a night what more can you expect? I booked two rooms at the same time, however upon arrival they had lost the booking on the second room. We had to wait for an hour in the lobby. We where really tired after travelling and every now and then I asked them what was happening but they couldn't tell me. I was getting pretty fed up as I just wanted to get into the room I had booked or at least have some communication as to what was going on from the staff. After an hour they finally found us another room but we still couldn't go up, apparently we had to wait for the 'boy' to take us to our room. After another 20mins of waiting I got feed up and just said we'll find the room ourself.

The double room me and my partner got wasn't too bad, it was clean but very run down. By run down I mean dodgy looking repairs, holes in the wall, wires hanging out of the wall (I assume not live wires but wasn't game to test), cracked tiles and green build up on the taps and shower head. The twin room my mother and son got was much worse, really dark and dingy and had a bad smell. Smells are a deal breaker for me, I felt bad for them, our room had a slight damp smell but theirs was worse. Also the wifi is useless.

On the plus side the bedding and room where actually quite clean. As I said all taps and shower heads had green build up but it's that kind of build up you can't clean off you probably need a strong acid to clean. Another plus was the air con was good so if you just need a cheap place to stay that's cleanish and has air con this could suit you. More suited to young people who are only using their hotel to sleep.

Although on that sleep note, me and my partner where kept up all night because a rooster was going off all night long from 9pm until we checked out in the morning. The rest of the family didn't hear the rooster so it must depend where you are.

If you go here I would suggest upgrading to the deluxe rooms as they are only $5-$10 extra and apparently much better. The rest of my family stayed in deluxe and although I didn't see their rooms they saw mine and said we should have upgraded as the deluxe rooms aren't that bad.

Despite me saying it's a hole I'm still going to give 3 stars as it was $20 a night and I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better for that price. The lost booking and dodgy customer service make me want to take off half a star but TA won't let me do half stars.

Stayed January 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

3 guys one room and was a little close quarters with just a third mattress on the floor. air con worked great. room was dated but clean and quite. breakfast was ok with the watermelon juice being amazing. Bacon was all ways served cold which was a bit strange. when ever we walked back late night early morning all ways security on the entrances so felt safe. laundry and dairy just over the road.

cheap place walking distance from most things and we did not spend a lot of time on the hotel so great for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Katherine, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel by default as we had booked another hotel that bumped us to this one. The one we booked was around $45AUD per night & this one I would not expect to pay any more than $20 per night. Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful, breakfast was truly awful, rooms were pokey and not the cleanest. Location was ok at about 15mins walk to the beach and main shopping area of Kuta. If you get a room here for around $20/night then you will get what you pay for, any more and you'll probably be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The location is good just walking distance to Legian and Kuta beach. There are many cheap local restaurants nearby. There is also a laundry shop by kilo 1 USD/kg in front of the hotel. Room is clean but old. They clean and change the bed sheet everyday. Staffs are nice. Breakfast so so but oke. Pool is nice and clean. Nice garden too. This is good budget hotel although not excellent. But bearing in mind for the price we pay, you can't complaint much.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our stay in this hotel for 1 night was very average, staff was unfriendly and the breakfast was very ordinary. As compared to our other experiences in Bali hotels, this one we would rather forget. I was travelling with 2 other mates and wanted to go cheap, in retrospect I should have paid 10 or 20$ more for something much better,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kuta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Everything about my stay at this hotel was fabulous. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is very close to everything, all attractions within walking distance. For a budget hotel I certainly can not complain. Very happy with my stay and certainly will be staying at this Hotel again. Was not a 5 star Hotel but for the price I was not expecting it to be.

Room Tip: Just ask at reception if you are not happy with the room you are given