My husband and I have traveled in January during the rainy season and thought a nice villa would make us forget the eventual bad weather.
The weather was indeed awful but our stay was beyond expectations!
1. Staff is the main asset of this hotel, all very friendly and talkative, very good English and taking initiatives (suggesting restaurants, bringing DVDs to our villa, proposing things to do etc..). they organized for us a trip with a flat-rate taxi driver who took us to the rice fields up north, we also visited the famous temple on the rocks, not far form the hotel, with him. And the next day, he took us to a local market where we could get some local souvenirs.
2. villas are gorgeous, spacious, in authentic Balinese style, with a lovely garden where you can have your breakfast table set up.
We have been upgraded to a pool villa after the 2nd night which was great! in case you don't have a pool in your villa, the common pool among the palm trees is a wonderful place to relax as well. very hidden and intimate with day beds and sun chairs where you can enjoy a drink before dinner.
3. breakfast is very nice too. As I said, you have it served in your villa and it is really tasty, eggs benedict, thai fried rice or ham and eggs and croissants, all matched with a fresh squeezed juice and a fruit plate.. you have whatever you like (order the night before).
4. location is fine, grocery stores just 10 m down the street and some nice restaurants in a short cab drive.
5. the beach isn't the greatest we have seen but we have to blame the weather and the strong storms before we went there. Although the staff was cleaning the private hotel spot on the beach every day (5 min walk) we could see a lot of waste in the morning.
The good thing about this beach is that in the evening you can have a bite or a proper dinner in one of those Balinese local restaurant. very cheap, clean and basic..fresh sea food, salad and beers makes a good start of the evening. Further down the beach you can go for a cocktail in a fancier atmosphere later on.
6. Spa: try the couples massage in the resort's spa. we felt wonderful after an hour of aroma treatment.
All in all, we had a perfect stay in a classy 5 stars boutique villas and in the same time we had the opportunity to see a little bit of the local life style.
Thanks to all the staff in Jamahal
We would definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In ancient sanskrit, "jamahal" means "precious time;" this small private estate has been transformed into one of Bali's best boutique resorts, a heaven for maximum 12 couples and honeymooners seeking precious time pampered by 70 attentive staff together. Private and cozy, jamahal is a splendid collection of ten suite villas and three villas. Structures and interiors artfully blend contemporary and traditional elements. Located in the center of former fishing village of jimbaran with a private beach club only 350 meters away from the resort. Definitely not a main stream resort but the place for a great service experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Jamahal Private Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamahal Private Resort And Spa
- Jamahal Private Resort & Spa Hotel Jimbaran
- Jamahal Private Hotel
- Jamahal Private Resort & SPA Bali/Jimbaran