Travelling with a group of friends to Flores we overnighted at Udayana. This was our first introduction to Merryl and Alan Wilson's vision of environmentally responsible travellers' accomodation - surrounded by nature. I carried Merryl's beautiful '101 butterflies' book with me as we journeyed on - what a joy to learn about the glorious kupu kupus of Indonesia. Special thanks to Kadek for her welcome and caring and a big thanks to the kitchen staff for wonderful food - served in the beautiful open pavilion over looking the gardens - full of kupu kupus! The eco lodges at Luban bajo and at Kelimutu were great too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge is our first eco lodge, is the centre of our company and is the first small hotel in Indonesia to obtain international eco certification from Green Globe. This lodge is the eco standard for all our other lodges. Situated in beautiful gardens with a swimming pool in the Jimbaran hills of South Bali, the lodge is a perfect base not only to discover Bali but Indonesia through our other eco lodges. Aroud the lodge is a bird sanctuary with two species of Kingfisher, The Javan being the lodge icon. There have been over 50 species recorded in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Hotel Jimbaran
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge Bali/Jimbaran