We managed to get a cheap rate through Agoda to this lovely eco lodge. As it was last minute and a Sunday it had not got through to the staff yet but this was not a problem as they gave us a big warm welcome like long lost family and quickly made up our room with fresh flowers and brought us a welcome drink. The rooms are thoughtfully appointed with a pleasant open air bathroom and terrace to the front. This overlooks a beautiful garden and then down to the lovely pool area (little used by any other guest when we were there). The dining room is nice, and breakfast adequate. They prepared dinner for us the first night but we were later getting back than we expected so it was a little cold unfortunately. Still, tasty. The honesty bar is a nice idea. Free tea and coffee. Lovely lounge area with extensive library.
We didn't have time to explore the grounds but the birds and butterflies are apparent everywhere. The staff are very special here. They are just genuinely lovely people and were great with our 4 year ols. I think children are a bit of a novelty here as it is mainly older people.
One problem is finding the place! The address is not actually correct and the one sign off the main road is small and just says Udayana Lodge (nothing about eco or kingfisher). Then it is quite a way up a bumpy track going uphill before you reach the place. Even our taxi driver who lives in the area got lost. But once you know where it is you are fine. Perhaps arranging a pick up from the hotel or getting exact directions would be wise. Having said that, traffic allowing, it is only about 20 mins from the airport. Nothing within walkable distance but fine if you have a driver or your own transport.
We would love to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge is our first eco lodge, is the centre of our company and is the first small hotel in Indonesia to obtain international eco certification from Green Globe. This lodge is the eco standard for all our other lodges. Situated in beautiful gardens with a swimming pool in the Jimbaran hills of South Bali, the lodge is a perfect base not only to discover Bali but Indonesia through our other eco lodges. Aroud the lodge is a bird sanctuary with two species of Kingfisher, The Javan being the lodge icon. There have been over 50 species recorded in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Hotel Jimbaran
- Udayana Kingfisher Eco Lodge Bali/Jimbaran