“Fantastic creative food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Dessert, Tapas, Contemporary, International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cuca serves SIGNATURE cuisine made exclusively from the best and freshest local ingredients. We are a casual dining destination that tempts you with three reasons to come: tapas, cocktails, and desserts, and three spaces to experience: an interactive and exciting food bar, a relaxed and intimate dining room and a chilled out garden lounge. Choose the space that suits you best and come with an open mind and an empty stomach!
“Fantastic creative food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We read all positive reviews and therefore wanted to try this new restaurant, especially while the Chef/ restaurateur honed his skills also at Michelin three-star El Bulli.
We have seen the inspiring video of El Bulli and we therefore triggered even more.
It was quite ( the place still has to be discovered we presume) and we sat at the food bar looking into the kitchen.

It was great to see how every dish is prepared with love for food and nicely decorated.
We have tried several dishes ( all for sharing) and in one word all are fantastic.
The ingredients are in balance and new combinations which create a WOW effect.

We both love cooking and when traveling have been in a lot of good restaurants.
We therefore are very critical and this is simply the best food we have tried up till now.

We wish Cuca a lot of success and recommend everybody to bring the restaurant a visit.

Visited November 2013

• Indonesian first
Denpasar, Indonesia
“The Journey of Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner with my partner on Sept. At first when we saw the menu we were confused what to eat. But the waiter there explained it in a way that makes you feel tempting to try it.

When the food came, we were surprise with the appearance of the food. It is very unique and when you taste it, then you will find out why they are no. 1 ranking in tripadvisor among others in the same area. It is soooo delicious, tasteful, every bite of different food always surprise you in a nice way. That's why it is like a journey of dining!!

Virginia, the owner, is also very pleasant, humble to approach our table, asked about how's our food, making sure that everything is up to our expectation. Special credit to Mr. Kunto Aji as well, restaurant mgr, who gave us suggestion of the foods..

We will come back again to try the Bali Breakfast for dessert!! Bcoz we weren't able to try it...

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
McAllen, Texas
“Food is breathtaking, amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We visited during the last week of October. My wife and I had 5 different plates, and dessert and they were all delicious. Cuca has a special way of blending different ingredients you would never think of, and they are absolutely delicious. We had the opportunity to meet the Chef, which was a great person! He spoke Spanish perfectly with us and was very welcoming, (we are from Mexico) A MUST in Bali.

Visited October 2013
“Superb. Great food. Great staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We were amazed and spoilt with the taste and the look of the food as well as the attentive staffs
The place itself is fantastic, dimly lighted and spacious.

I came there with my wife and 10-month old daughter who were sleeping all the time we were there. We did not bring our usual baby stroller and -as she was asleep - it is impossible for her to be put in baby chair.
However, to our surprise the staffs - without us asking - had initiative to move one of their sofa to our table so that we can put her there. This is a wow factor to us. They get us as many pillows as well to make our baby comfortable.
This is so fabulous... Instead of eating with one hand we can devour those delicate food freely :)
The food were great. They look great, they taste great

No wonder this 4-month old place is getting a great vibe in tripadvisor. Love this place. We will surely come back again in our next visit in Bali

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

It was raining and I just wanted to order room service from the hotel and relax for the night. My wife forced me to go to Cuca and I have to admit that she was definitely right (on this one). We arrived during the rain and were met with dry towels to get ourselves dry. Once seated, we looked at the menu and decided to go with the Chef Tasting Meal which was described to us as a "surprise". I was a bit worried, but quickly found that there was no reason to be. The dishes brought out to us were some of the best I've had. The worst one ranked among the best that I've had in Bali. And the best, well, I can't even describe it without drooling.

The waiter was extremely knowledgeable and excited about the dishes. The chef came out and made us feel comfortable and very welcome. The staff was extremely attentive. When my wife's napkin fell off her lap to the floor, a waitress was immediately there to retrieve it for her and ask her if she wanted a new one.

When we finished, we were welcomed into the kitchen for a picture with the chef and the rest of the staff. After dinner, we were treated to a couple of final drinks at the bar. A taxi was called and they gave us umbrellas to get us out to our car. Truly felt like a VIP.

I'm not a food critic, so I can't really right a just review, but the food was fantastic and the service was amazing. We will definitely be returning here on our next trip to Bali and recommending this as a #1 choice for any friends visiting. Absolutely amazing evening. I only wish they were located near our home so we didn't have to go all the way to Bali to eat here.

• Visited November 2013