“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Dessert, Tapas, Contemporary, International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cuca serves SIGNATURE cuisine made exclusively from the best and freshest local ingredients. We are a casual dining destination that tempts you with three reasons to come: tapas, cocktails, and desserts, and three spaces to experience: an interactive and exciting food bar, a relaxed and intimate dining room and a chilled out garden lounge. Choose the space that suits you best and come with an open mind and an empty stomach!
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

A really amazing restaurant, exceeded all of our expectations. They cook with local ingredients and meals taste fresh with lovely flavours. We sat in the garden lounge, it's very private and huge.
Only downside we found was that we felt a little observed by the staff. They were lovely but it always felt like they were waiting behind a bush and as soon as we put the cutlery down they were running towards the table to serve the next dish.

• Indonesian first
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Tasty but Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Cuca is a stunning restaurant with an interesting menu but if you are hungry then I would give it a miss. We chose abut 7/8 items on the menu that claims to be modern, local tapas. I will admit that each plate was very tasty and expertly prepared but for the price I would have liked more. Especially as it is supposed to be tapas! It was only me and my boyfriend eating here but as each plate arrived I kept thinking, "I'm not sharing!"

Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Expectations exceeded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'd never heard of this restaurant but was talking to a guy on the beach who told me it was the best restaurant in Bali. Big call! But as we were staying virtually next door, we thought we'd give it a go. And I've got to say we were very impressed. The service was excellent. As one review mentioned, if anything, it was too quick. I liked seeing all the chefs at work in the kitchen. If you are interested, they have a counter which allows you to eat facing the open side of the kitchen and even have a word or two with the chef. We didn't do this. We sat in the main area which is somewhat partitioned by some short curtain sections giving each table a feeling of privacy while still being part of the whole restaurant. It is reasonably quiet which is a nice change from 'those places' in Seminyak. The food was great. It is tapas style but many of the dishes done in a way I've not come across before. The prices I thought were very reasonable for the quality of food and the fine dining experience as a whole. Not cheap by Bali standards, of course, but way less than you would pay in a restaurant of this quality in Australia. One criticism I have is that there was no kids menu. Basically kids don't belong in any top notch restaurant but when you're on holiday it is not that easy to ditch them! I mentioned this on our way out and they assured me they were putting one together the following month. In short, if you are in Bali, I recommend you at least put this near or at the top of your list. If you are in Jimbaran it is a must, as is gorging on seafood at one of the beach restaurants.

Perth, Australia
“Great Eating Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

As a regular visitor to Bali I arrived with a list of the restaurants that are generally my favourite. I read the review on Tripadvisor for Cuca and decided to give it a try. I am so pleased I did. It was a unique eating experience. On arrival the chef Kevin came to our table to introduce himself and have a friendly chat which made us feel as though we were his only guests in the restaurant.
The presentation and combinations of the food had my taste buds jumping and jiving. From the bread roll that resembled candy floss and disappeared on impact with my tongue to the sesame dust on one of the dishes I can honestly say it was more a gastronomic delight than a meal. The service is magnificent and I was so impressed with the place I cancelled one of the other restaurants on my list so I could go back and try different dishes a few nights later. I highly recommend this place but if you are expecting a huge plate of regular food then its not for you.
Well done Kevin and your staff you have created something totally different.

Hong Kong, China
“Affordable option for El Bulli/ Michelin cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This restaurant caught my attention because of the background of the El Bulli/ Michelin star chef Kevin Cherkas. Sometimes people get disappointed because some chefs or restaurants are over-rated by media and that raises the bar of expectations, but Cuca is one that has done a genuine impressive job in multiple ways.

I really like that the place is designed to be minimal and down-to-earth with simple fittings and chic colour tones. You can see the actions in the open kitchen, it's very theatrical and enjoyable to watch over your meal.

The menu prices are very approachable starting from about US$ 3 each. My favourite ceviche is the BBQ octopus and smoke fish (forget the dish name). The san gria is very special because they made a twist to the taste. Knowing the restaurant uses fresh and local ingredients, it makes me appreciate their food more cause I find it a great idea to blend Spanish concept and Balinese ingredients.

I spotted on their flyer that there is a food tasting class for learning the secret of how to create tasting dishes without needing recipes and basically how to taste and understand flavour. I am planning to visit again for this class which seems to be a perfect gift and dining choice for special occasion, or simply for a foodie like me!

No regret for my visit!