“Miss Catherine enjoyed her stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free nights! Stay 3 Pay 2
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Jimbaran
Perth, Australia
“Miss Catherine enjoyed her stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have just retuned from our Bali mini-break and 4 days at Le Meridien. We had booked a pool access room, which I'd highly recommend. Our beautiful light and spacious room had its own deck and steps leading into the lovely lagoon pool. I just loved that pool and swam around it many times! The staff at the hotel were very friendly and I was addressed as Miss Catherine by absolutely everyone. I know the hotel is not yet 'officially' open and therefore not too busy, but it was nice that people bothered to know and remember who we were. I had a couple of massages whilst there which we're great and received a 20% discount as the spa is not yet opened. I wished it had been! The hotel is right near the BBQ fish restaurants in Jimbaran - literally a 30 second walk. Breakfast was included with our room - it was lovely, we barely knew where to start. My husband had roast suckling pig for breakfast! We also did complimentary canapés and happy hour overlooking the beach. I did give some feedback in person before we left about things that could be improved and it was welcomed with good grace. Hopefully the hotel and staff continue to enjoy working with their customers and remembering the little things!

Room Tip: Definitely recommend a lagoon access room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Catbate,

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran,

Wow, such a pleasure to read your review and thank you for sharing it with the world. We are indeed getting ready for our grand opening in May and I am glad that you have been able to fully enjoy your journey with us.

The lagoon access rooms are simply a must and did you know that our pool has a unique salt water lagoon spread over 1300 sqm! Feels like your private ocean!
Thank you Miss Catherine for your kind words and I will certaily convey them to my teams.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran many times.

taskforce General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have just stayed at the resort for a week and had the most amazing time at the Le Meridien. The staff are incredible and did everything to make our stay extremely enjoyable. They could not do enough for us and we were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. It was so relaxing and the property is just the right size and beautiful. The room was lovely and we were finally happy to find accommodation that provides a very, very comfortable bed. We ate many times at the restaurant and had some incredible food. We also really enjoyed the food at the breakfast, they cater to many different tastes. A very special place and would go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear R B,

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for such a lovely review.
What a pleasure to read and share your feedback with my teams! This is exactly how it should feel.
It is not only about the infrastructure, or hardware as we call it, but as well about the people. Actually it is all about the people. I am very glad that our teams have left such a positive memory.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journey to Bali.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the Le Meridien Jimbaran for 3 days for our Easter holiday on the SPG points + cash deal which still costs is USD180++ per night! Overall, its only a average hotel and here are the reasons:-

1. Nice Room!
The room is nice, new and clean. The lagoon view room has a nice view, the bathroom is clean and nice but it lacks a TV in it.

2. Smoke from the Jimbaran seafood restaurant next door is annoying!
Smoke from the Jimbaran seafood restaurant next to the beach caused the hotel to be smoky all the time! no fresh air. There were tones of smoke around the hotel starting from about 4 p.m. which is quite annoying! everytime you wish to just chill at the balcony, you will get deter by the smoky smell.

3. Not in full operation after about 4 months?
The hotel is not yet fully ready for operation! many places are still under constructions. Given that the hotel was opened back in Dec 2012, I thought when we come to stay at the hotel in April 2013 would be okay, but actually the hotel still experience some hiccups. For example, we have booked the spa at the hotel but when I hit the gym in the 2nd Floor, I realized that the Spa is still under constructions! Then I asked the reception staff about the spa, they told us that the Spa is still under construction and the hotel will provide spa treatment in room 315 which is the room next to the room where we are staying! Although the hotel offer a 25% discount, but I the discount should be 50% off given that the down-graded ambiance of the spa!!!! We end up cancelled the spa at the hotel and went to the Bamboo Spa by L'OCCITANE which is just round the corner and it was a extremely good spa!

4. Welcoming treats
Cupcakes are nice but nothing special really.

5. Not functioning Key Cards
Key cards are not working every evening when we are back at the hotel! I have to go to the reception and ask them to rectify the problem every time which is annoying!

6. NO beach nearby!
If you are looking for a beach side resort! this is not the place that you want to be!

7. Average hotel restaurant
we had lunch and dinner at the Bamboo Chic at the hotel, lunch is okay, nothing special! but the dinner is certainly below par! Firstly, the menu is hard to read! they arrange the food in terms of how it was cook, e.g. steam, grill... which is hard to understand. Secondly, I have ordered steak which costs about Rp 370 but it looks nothing like a dish from a hotel!!!! check out the pictures below! we had the similar dish at the Westin at nusa dua nearby, which is very nice and live up to the hotel standard! the hotel should improve in this aspect!!!!

8. No luggage storage facilities at the main entrance!
As you can see from the pictures below! the main entrance where taxi arrived is at the lower floor of the hotel, then there is a slope leading up to the hotel lobby! but at the main entrance, there is no luggage storage facilities which makes it time consuming when you have already checked out the hotel and you leave your luggage at the hotel to go for a walk / sightseeing before you go to the airport! If you are in a hurray to catch a plane back home! This lack of luggage storage facilities at the main entrance will certainly annoys you.

Conclusion: hotel got nice room and close to the Jimbaran seafood restaurant, the rest is only average.

Room Tip: Should try to get the rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear KKKMo

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.

I certainly regret to read about the challenges you faced and appreciate your comments.

We do have indeed great room facilities and they are quite spacious. Cleanliness being a must, it is good to read that we met your expectations on this.
Our location is indeed strategic in Jimbaran, where we are located a few steps away from the famous Jimbaran seafood restaurants. There are occasions were the grilled smell of seafood crosses the Hotel, which can trigger ones appetite. To remediate and minimize it we have build quite a tall glass wall in front of this area.

Moreover, our resort has quite a unique design, whereby the nearest beach is located just after the seafood restaurants. We have a 1300sqm free form pool which is actually filled with salt water, making one feel like in a lagoon, especially with the lagoon view lagoon access rooms and suites.
Our SPA is indeed in the midst of it final steps, hence we have converted rooms to accommodate the treatments and ensure that the experience remains at all time relaxing and unique.

The sense of arrival and departure is fully part of the experience. In fact upon arrival, you make the transition between a car to a buggy, which transports you up the driveway to our HUB, where our team welcomes you. Same for the departure and before going back to the civilization, a last ride into the buggy will escort you back to the arrival point. I do take note of your feedback and will review how we can manage the luggage process better.

I will follow with our culinary team in regards to your review and with our information technology manager for the key card issues you encountered.

KKKMo, thank you once again for sharing and I do believe that feedback will help the Hotel to evolve, grow and better its service delivery.

taskforce Hotel Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I did not expect I would love this hotel so much (that I was planning to return with my friends while I was staying there). Open lobby that you can see the whole of resort, it's not a very big property so please do go there fast before they are crowded (I do personally recommend a trip there on low season). I love the all connected lagoon and my Lagoon Access Room on the ground floor (nice to be able to swim anytime). I've seen their Penthouse Suite with a Private Pool on level 2 which is great for hosting a private party (and only 4 of them, I believe). All the rooms are spacious with Lagoon view (except standard classic, so pay a little bit more is worth it).
The Spa room was not ready but they use a few of the rooms beside the lobby as temp Spa room and I had one of the best massages in Bali (for 90 enjoyable minutes~so comfortable that I felt asleep there and then). Ask for latest promotion! Recommedated.

It gets smokey when the BBQ at the beach starts, but nothing inside the room so it's ok.
Wide selection for breakfast but Sashimi is not fresh enough (which is quite a shame), strangely.

They serve Tapas in lobby at evening drinks time, buy a drink and get some free canapes!
Staff was attentive, friendly and always helpful, tried their very best to remember my name. It makes all the difference knowing someone will be available when you need it.

I would definately stay here again if I'm not heading other part of Bali (like Ubud in the north).

Room Tip: Lagoon Acess Room is first choice. If you want more privacy, Aqua Suite is great. Penthouse Suit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear TabTap

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Wow, what a lovely review and such a pleasure to read. I have to agree with you on the layout of the resort. It is just unique and the view from the lobby is simply gorgeous. A real discovery. The Lagoon access rooms and villas are a treat. What a best way to start or end the day, than being able, from your balcony to jump in the water and go for a swim. And did you know that the pool is 1300 sqm and filled with salt water. Makes you feel like you have your own private ocean.

Thank you for your feedback and I will share it with my teams.

I trust you will indeed keep on considering for your next adventure to Bali

Taskforce General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed at Le Meridian for 2 nights with my bf. we booked the standard room online and on arrival the staff asked us if we would upgrade to a pool access room for AU$50 per night. I tried to get the upgrade for free without success. So we paid for it anyway. The room is clean, and good size. Also very convenient because of the direct pool access. Couple of things were not so good in the room. First the bathroom has a glass wall that someone can see you when you are in the toilet having some alone time. Second the wifi in the room is very temperamental and only works in one corner of the room.

After settling down in our room we went to the bar to get some complementary tapas. There were rice paper rolls, sushi and chips on offer but we didn't stay long coz there was no one else at the bar. The hotel is super quiet. We only saw a few rooms which had the light on.

To be honest, we are quite upset about paying for the upgrade when the hotel is almost empty. it felt unnecessary and if anything given low occupancy they should have given us a complimentary upgrade because at least it would look good for them as other people would see rooms full. The staff at the front desk were very nice and we can't fault their politeness and friendliness but when we asked again at checkout on having to pay for an upgrade in an empty hotel she claimed they had 75 guests currently staying??? which I find very hard to believe and is actually untrue.

I just really think Le Meridian could have done a lot better and it would have been so easy for them to have us writing a rave review instead of this. all for the sake of a lousy $100 US. Reviews are really important as we booked at Le Meridian based on a review on this very site. It's disappointing but wouldn't turn us off staying at a Starwood hotel again, but for the price we paid with the upgrade we probably could of states at the W hotel where there was actually some buzz. Instead we feel like due to the low occupancy rate they were trying to wring every last rupiah out of us, when long term they should be doing the opposite for such a new hotel. 5/10

• Stayed April 2013
Dear minispringrolls

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

First of all thank you taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.

I do regret to read about the challenges you experienced. We have raised valid points and we have already started looking on how we can address them.
We are indeed in the early days of the Hotel life and will keep on focusing on the cleanliness of the room, which as you mention was good, its overall comfort, service delivery and the little extras that make the difference.

minispingrolls, I do hope that you were still able to have a relaxing journey with us. My team and I do remain available, should your travels bring you back to Bali. Please do not hesitate to reach out to one of us.

Taskforce General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We returned yesterday after 7 days at Le Meridien - we had a package deal through My Bali. This was excellent value as we got a $500 credit for use at the restaurant. As the hotel has not had it's grand opening yet, we also received 30% discount on meals and drinks and a 25% discount at the spa. The hotel room was spacious. We had our 2 kids with us and the room was comfortable for all of us - however the lack of bathroom privacy was an issue! We encountered a few teething problems - eg 4 of us in the room, but only received 2 towels & 2 bottles of water each time the room was serviced. They finally got this right on our second last day! Having said that, the staff were lovely and always willing to help. My kids enjoyed the kids club and there were some special activities for Easter (easter egg hunt and bunny rabbits brought in to play with). The staff really went out of their way to ensure we had a good holiday and extra touches such as remembering our names and even our initials in our morning capuccinos, as well as a gift for the kids on departure were appreciated. The Smoqee lounge overlooking the beach is a great venue for sunset drinks. Complimentary tapas was very good. We had some lovely meals and even though there were not many guests at the hotel, the breakfast selection was huge. The spa was not yet open but treatments were available in a converted hotel room. The hotel is very close to the beachside restaurants, so in the evenings there was quite a lot of smoke blowing over. If you don't like the smell of seafood BBQ this could be an issue. The lagoon pool was great for kids as it is only 1.2 metres deep. The special thing about this hotel is the staff. They were all incredibly warm and friendly.

Room Tip: The lagoon rooms with direct pool entry looked great. People with older kids might want to invest in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear KiraN58

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

First of all thank you taking the time to share your feelings with the world about your recent journey with us.
I do regret to read about the inconveniences you had to go through and rest assured I will review it with my teams.
I do really appreciate your feedback on this and I am glad that despite this set back, you and your family were still able to enjoy quality time together.
I am as well very pleased to read your kind words about our associates and how they have gone above and beyond to ensure that your holiday remains a memorable experience.

The initial on the cappuccinos is something we implemented to better connect with our guests and make them feel special.
The uniqueness of our Smoqee Sky Bar and its sunset, mixed with some tapas and beverages is a discovery by itself. And about the view, well got to experience it to be astonished. Simply amazing!
In regards to the smoke from the famous seafood restaurants, we have indeed taken extra measures as we have glasses that rise to a certain level to avoid it coming to the property.
The grilled smell on the hand is an appetite teaser and after a few cocktails and tapas, rings the bell for dinner time.
KiraN58, thank you very much for your review and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Bali.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

i really luked this hotel. the only downside was the lication. Its out of the way and you sort of feel a bit locked in. The breakfast was amazing such a treat every morning! Also loved the pools - could have stayed in the hotel every day just because of them. All over would stay again but slightly hesitant because of the location.

• Stayed April 2012
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Zomcar.

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the discovery through our culinary experience.
Did you know that our products come form a local and organic farm? And I agree, a real treat for the palate.
Jimbaran is as well a growing area and certainly reflects more of a village with its surroundings and gives a bit of a taste of the local life. Nevertheless all the facilities of modern life are available at Le Meridien.
Our pool is a real and unique feature. 1300sqm of pure pleasure, especially if you choose the lagoon access rooms or suites, it makes it even better!
You can enjoy a drink on the shadow of the pool bar or simply get ready for an uninterrupted views on the sunset at Smoqee Sky Bar.
Many ways to trigger your senses and enjoy a journey in paradise.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and you concierge team remains available at all times to offer the best tours and adventures that Bali can offer.

taskforce General Manager

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!