“Most breathtaking experience of my life” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Fourth Night!
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Jimbaran
United States
“Most breathtaking experience of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We have visited the four season jimbaran bay last year and enjoyed it so much we decided to go again. It is a very long journey for us coming from the United States, about two days. We reserved a 3 bedroom residence villa. Same as we did last year. This villa was such an astounding property. There was a kitchen, three bedrooms, a large outdoor living area, a 60 ft pool, and an indoor area. It included a butler, who was nothing but superb. We miss him dearly now that were back home. It also included 2 free massages and a driver who could take us around Bali. This was a great perk. We would tour Bali and visit various landmarks. Our driver was such a kind spirit. We have become life long friends now and can't wait to come back so we can see him again. Same to our butler Ary. He was there whenever we needed him and also such a sweet person. The resort itself is stunning and serene. It is truly a genuine feel of Bali. Gamelan is played throughout the hotel. The food it superb, but very expensive! For lunch and dinner we would go down the beach to a very pleasant resteraunt called white sands! The breakfast was included, and they always knew our names. Great prices and great food! The whole atmosphere of the beach and hotel is just tranquil. Coconut grove is lovely and the pools are delightful! I love how it is a public beach and you can get a feel for everyday Balinese life. As I mentioned coconut grove was great! They served pandan sorbet which I adore, and the staff are all so friendly! One of our favorites, Naoman, never ceases to please me. Also I was very happy to see the water sports were complimentary! Very nice. The traditional Balinese dances were so delightful and really made me feel at home. Overall this hotel is by far my favorite I've ever stayed at. The whole experience is exactly what I wanted. A true, Balinese experience. The whole staff was so kind and generous. I look forward to my next stay at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Geetha W, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
First of all I would like to express my personal gratitude to you for taking the time to write this nice review.

I have to say you do have a a great eye for detail and it is a pleasure to read how in detail you describe your experience. I am glad that the small touches, in particular our butlers and driver, made your stay so special.

Thank you for your great description as it most definitely provides future guests a glimpse as to what they may expect when booking a stay at our Resort and Residence Villas.

I hope I will be able to welcome you again at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

Yours sincerely

Michael Branham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We loved our stay at the Four Season's Jimbaran more than sixteen years ago when we chose this hotel for our honeymoon. Last few trips to Bali we stayed at Anantara Hotel in Seminyak as it is a small boutique hotel and the area is more trendy with shops and restaurants. But since we got a poor customer service from the reservation desk (which was surprising as we were returned customers) we decided to try Four Seasons instead. I am very happy we did this.
Originally we planned on staying four nights, but ended up staying six.
Upon arrival to our villa, we discovered flowers in the bathtub. It was probably a mistake but it was a lovely touch which put smiles on our faces. Our villa was beautiful and had all amenities desired. The grounds of the hotel were spectacular with gorgeous landscaping and views of the ocean. In the morning we chose dining at the outdoor restaurant and loved breakfast there, which in addition to a la carte menu there was an array display from baked goods to meats and fruits. Service was outstanding! Everyone knew us by name. I was even more impressed when they knew my young daughter's name who had a blast with the body boarding at the kids club, buggy rides, lunches by the pool, and hanged out in the pool most of the time. Our dinning choice at Jimbaran was Sundara, Sundara and Sundara. We truly relaxed this time as we seen all of Bali on our prior trips. We lounged in our non smoking, corner cabana all day, where every hour we were getting a treat, drink, or popsicle. We used the pool/happy hour menu a lot. Service at the pool was stellar from cabana boys to manager at Sundara. They made us feel very comfortable, most welcomed and at home. We tried the coconut grove area for ping pong and inquired about non motorized sports but we were told that the ocean was not quiet so they wouldn't take us :( We did sunset yoga once which I really enjoyed but my non yoga husband thought it was a little too hard for beginners. The spa was exceptional. We both had couples Balinese massages. They first started off with cleaning our feet with salt, lime and water which I have not seen done in Bali yet (prior to massage). The techniques were more appealing as they included long body strokes as suppose to thumb pinching pressure points through the sheet, which was done in other hotel. Overall our stay was excellent and magical. We had a couple of "glitches" in the room but this was immediately taken care of in a proper manner to our satisfaction. We were extremely impressed with customer service. The only disappointment was that we did not have a butler, lol, which I promised our daughter. We had one 16 years ago and were told that butlers are at the FS Residence across the street, but "Village Chief" was fantastic too.
When we discovered Intercontinental Hotel gave away our suite to someone else (for which I paid in advance six weeks prior to my trip). I asked my husband to call back Four Season's to see if they can take us back. When we returned with our luggage we found an ocean villa with best unobstructed view. Thank you for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This resort and destination have been on my bucket list for about 10 years. The resort was absolutely amazing! The standard villas are 2100 square feet with an outdoor lanai, living room and shower. The lanscaping in each villa is incredible and something you would find in a botanical garden which is even light at night. We loved the thatched cathedral ceilings (also up lighted) with ceiling fans. The staff at the resort always greeted us with smiles and a traditional Balinese bow. Sundara beach club open just over a year ago and was a perfect spot to lounge at the infinity pool and beach area. Very cool place and incredible food. I have visited over 25 Four Seasons resorts in 10 different countries and this has to be in the top 3 of all their properties. Maybe Bora Bora could beat them by just a notch. Take a taxi to Seminyak for great shopping, nightlife and restaurants. It's only 30 minutes and less than $10 USD.

Room Tip: All villas great!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Darlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Four Seasons Bali after a week exploring Java. Our 4 night stay has been fantastic! The villas are brilliant and the staff are all superb and so attentive. The breakfast is brilliant and the Taman restaurant and Sundara are great places to eat. We have not been disappointed.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nanuet, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I attended a family wedding in June. The setting was just breathtaking. There were candles floating in the pool, beautiful local floral arrangements everywhere. The whole evening was carefully choreographed. No detail was overlooked. It was a magical evening. The seating arrangement was a very long spectacular table. The food was excellent. The Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay certainly know how to create a very special & memorable event. It is way beyond a boutique hotel. It stands alone in size, amenities & service..

Room Tip: 2nd level Villa was spacious and quiet. #132 was walking distance to the Lobby. Transportation was a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to pen your personal feedback on the wedding you attended at our Resort. I am delighted to read that it has not only been a ‘magical evening’ for bride and groom but also for guests who attended the wedding.

I will pass on your compliments to our Wedding Manager Dhanny Melissa who goes above and beyond to make every wish come true as she dedicates herself to ensuring that every wedding is a spectacular and joyous occasion with a touch of magic.

Please let me know if you should plan to return to the “island of gods”. My team and I would be most happy if we could create another memorable experience for you.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This four seasons is just sensational, the villa is amazing, spacious and everything that you could ask for. This was our first stop of our honeymoon and wow what a way to start it. Beautiful views all around. Greeted with welcome drinks and traditional balinese culture. The only thing more better than the property was the service. Undoubtedly the best service received at any of my holiday destinations and trust me i have been to a few four seasons around the world and also stayed at other five star properties and the fs jimbaran sets the benchmark so high that all the competitors may aswell give up. After checking out went to fs sayan and returned to jimbaran three days after as we had a reservation for sunday brunch. As soon as i got to the podium of the sundara restaurant i said to the lady at the podium that i had a reservation for brunch, i did not have to utter another word, she promptly welcomed me back using my surname, i was in shock that she remembered, even if she did read my name off the computer due to the timing you get the sense of recognition from all staff and receive nothing but smiles from all the staff even the gardeners. Do not stay anywhere else. Also a big thankyou to the doorman, so sorry i can't remember your name but he was ever so helpful and genuine. My favourite four seasons property i have been to. Or is it four seasons sayan?

Stayed April 2014
What a delight to read such a kind and wonderful review from an experienced Four Seasons guest. I am proud to learn that my team set your new personal benchmark in quality service during your stay. It is very humbling to read your comment that our “competitors may as well give up”. Thank you.

I fully understand that you are undecided on your favorite Four Seasons property. Both our resorts in Bali are simply exceptional and our “Bali Twice Discovered Package” enables guests to enjoy two completely different Four Seasons experiences while staying in Bali – each experience unique in its own way.

Thank you very much once again for your review and I hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This property is set in an amazing peninsula overlooking the jimbaran bay which sure is white a beautiful location. The staff service was exceptional as are the Balinese hospitality. Hotel Food was, hotel food, and not that great, we went to the sundara the new beach club at four seasons and it is a great addition to jimbaran, although slow service, the food was not amazing considering the prices. Cocktails and music was great, so we spent most of our time there. The gardens in the villas need a lot of work and I found it quite dated to be honest.

Room Tip: Definitely ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!