“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Jimbaran
Berkeley
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at the four seasons. We enjoyed the swimming pools and tennis court and nearby beach. The food was wonderful, but definitely on the expensive side which was not surprising. Make sure you to get a rate with breakfast included as that meal alone can set you back $100 easily. Everything about the resort is luxury and beauty at its finest.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing our resort as your vacation ‘home’ during your stay in Bali. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our swimming pools, our tennis court as well as the excellent location of our Resort.

As the Resorts’ name already implies, Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay is located directly on the shores of Jimbaran Bay. This allows our guests to enjoy a beautiful day at the beach or on one of our 14 sun beds at our beachfront restaurant, Sundara.

Although our different Restaurants offer extraordinary memorable dining experiences with ‘wonderful’ food, I always encourage our guests to also experience one of the many local seafood restaurants that are located along Jimbaran beach, giving guests and authentic taste of local cuisine.

It would be a pleasure for me to welcome you back to this little corner of paradise!

Yours sincerely

Michael Branham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

the first time, i have my experience in Bali i choose Four Seasons for stay during in Bali. Good concept for resort, good foods, good services, and nice view from each Villas. i love the the resort, a pleasant place to rest and spend time with our spouses.

Thank You Four Season, made my Holiday Perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you have images of Bali -- the Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay is it! 145 individual Balinese villas complete with entry gates (to ward off evil spirits), a pool, outdoor living space, indoor and outdoor showers, Balinese architecture and Four Seasons service to top it off! You really have no need to leave your villa unless you want to take an awesome cooking class or one of may yoga classes they offer daily. Truly a treat and "Bali" at its finest! Love it!!

Room Tip: They are all identical -- all excellent
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
It is always great to start the day by reading such a lovely review. Thank you.

I am more than happy to read that you appreciate our excellent service and the concept of our resort as a whole. As you mentioned in your review, our villas reflect the best of traditional Balinese pavilion design and each of them is a picture of simple grace and beauty typical of the Balinese aesthetic. I am delighted to hear that you took one of our ‘awesome’ cooking classes and that you had a fun culinary experience and were able to take home a taste of Balinese cuisine.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – a place where luxury and authentic balinese design join up at its finest.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a company off-site that was a mix of business and pleasure. I've stayed at quite a few other hotels in Bali and I have to say this definitely ranks up there with the best. The hotel is beautiful, with beautiful, well-kept grounds, pools, walkways and views. All rooms are villas and while the hotel itself is quite large, it feels very peaceful and serene. The hotel itself is a little old but I think they have done a good job at maintaining and keeping it clean as best a possible. Will definitely be back.

Pros:
- Great location in Jimbaran which is close enough to everything but away from the chaos. Beautiful sunset views at Sundara (the bar/restaurant) and room views appear to be nice from all villas. **A real plus is that the hotel is a 5 minute walk from some great little seafood shacks down the beach.
- Beautiful and good-sized rooms. All rooms are pool villas and the pools, while small, are deep so they do not feel like glorified bath tubs. I had the most basic villa but it was well-sized with a nice sitting out area, a pool, an outdoor shower, a spacious bathroom (with a large soaking tub made for 2 people and 2 separate sinks). The bed was also very comfortable with a mosquito net.
- Great pools. There were 3 main public pools - a quiet pool (which really was quiet), a pool with a waterfall and a pool by the bar, all of which were great.
- Food was good (but not spectacular) and relatively reasonably priced versus some of the other 5-star hotels in Bali
- I didn't have my child with me but took a look at the kids club and it looked great! There is a separate kids pool and playground at the kids club

Cons:
- Inconsistent service. 2 calls to have someone pick-up my luggage and service at Sundara took a long time and entrees were served before appetizers. However, at the quiet pool, a guy came and offered to clean my sunglasses and comp-ed the iced tea I ordered. Everyone at the hotel (everyone!) greets you enthusiastically. Very inconsistent.
- Gym is well-equipped but equipment is old and could really use some upgrading.
- Spa is nice (I had a massage and it was good but not amazing) but not the most spectacular spa I have been to. In fact, the entire ambiance and facilities felt fairly average. For the Four Seasons, I expected it to be nicer.
- I didn't try and go since the pools were so nice but it appears that the beach is not private. At least for sure it is connected to the rest of the public beach. However, there are private little coves that are accessible only from the hotel which looked really nice and idyllic. But generally, the waters at the beach seemed fairly rough so would not be good for children to swim in

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your overall experience at our Resort very much and that you consider our resort as definitely ranking “up there with the best”.

At the same time I would like to thank you for highlighting the areas where we can do better. I am a little confused with your statement “Everyone at the hotel (everyone!) greets you enthusiastically. Very inconsistent.” However, if I am reading this correctly, I am sorry to hear that you perceived the other areas of our service as inconsistent. I can assure you that I will have an internal discussion with my team to share your personal experience. Your comments about the Spa have been noted and I will certainly review it with our Spa Manager in order for us to improve as we move forward. We value all feedback from our guests and thank you for taking the time.

It makes me incredibly happy to read that I will be able to welcome you again at our Resort and look forward to this time.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Incredibly expensive but just amazing. Rooms are awesome and there is no need to leave the resort for anything. Staff are incredibly helpful and happy and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to get you everything you need. Can't wait to be able to afford to go back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your nice review.

Many of our guests tend to just stay in the resort and am so glad that you did not see the need to leave our beautiful resort. Nevertheless if they so feel like it, my team at Concierge is always more than happy to share their personal recommendations with our guests. These insider tips allow our guests to see parts of Bali many other visitors of the island are completely unaware of.

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your villa very much and I am looking forward to welcoming you soon here again at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

Asia, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We just wished we had more time (and energy) to fully enjoy the property. For us it was a last minute weekend getaway, and so our flight timings were not ideal, so we spent quite a lot of time sleeping and making full use of our ocean view villa, which was faultless, spacious and every bit the Four Seasons standard, even if it isn't the newest resort in Bali. Everything from pick-up at the airport, to check-out late in the evening, was smooth and efficient.

If you've ever been to the Four Seasons Maldives (Kuda Huraa and Landaa Giraavaaru), you'll note similarities in the villa layout as all properties are owned by the same owner. We loved having an outdoor area, where we could dine al fresco on a comfortable and large dining table, with an overhead fan, which always made the temperature just nice, breezy and cooling to lounge/dine outside.

The Balinese food here felt very authentic to us and was very tasty. We really enjoyed the chicken bakso and soto ayam, nasi goreng kampung and the Babi Guling Set Dinner (all served in our villa). The service throughout the resort was top notch as you would expect and we really enjoyed the free coconut sorbet we were served on cones while enjoying the views of Jimbaran Bay at the Coconut Grove.

The only downsides for us was the lack of a comfortable private beach area where we could relax. The areas closest to the beach are the Coconut Grove (where the recreation area is located) and Sundara (which is open to dining guests, kind of like a beach club), but the beach itself is a public beach. Sundara had a lovely infinity pool but was somewhat crowded that Sunday and didn't offer much seclusion from the public and dining guests. So instead we headed back up to the main hotel quiet pool, which had an amazing hilltop view of Jimbaran Bay and felt more relaxing, and exclusive.

I would say that the resort's best quality (apart from the service) would be its spectacularly landscaped grounds and secret spots and stairways. It is such a beautiful sight to behold and they must have put a lot of time and effort into it. We wished we could have spent more time just wandering around the gardens and relaxing at the vantage points you come across (thoughtfully equipped with comfortable sofas and leg rests) - everything was such a feast for the eyes - from manmade waterfalls to luscious foliage and trees.

Room Tip: If you want to be closer to the beach and ocean, you might need to pay more to get the full ocean-fr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Wow what a review. Thank you. You cannot imagine how grateful I am to read this detailed and beautiful review about your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your personal experience at our Resort. As you outlined in a lovely way we do have indeed a very special resort here and as wonderful and amazing the surroundings are, it is the team and their spirit of heartfelt service that makes the difference.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the absence of a private beach. In Bali, there is no private beach and all beaches fronting resorts are open to public use. Our Resort is located along the beautiful Bay of Jimbaran, a public beach that allows our guest to have a glimpse of real authentic Balinese life when strolling along the beach during sunset.

I hope you will be able to return soon again so you can further explore the beautiful gardens of our resort where luxury meets Balinese design and culture.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Staying at this resort with my husband as part of a conference he is attending. Rooms are delightful as are the staff. Restaurant food is of a very high standard but not cheap for Bali.
Not much outside the resort unless you are prepared to jump in a taxi or walk to the very small local shopping centre.
The resort is located on a nice bay that is great for walking around. If you are looking for a romantic getaway I could not think of a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Villas with views of a jimbaran bay are outstanding.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for penning this review.

If I may, I would agree with you that our Resort is a perfect romantic getaway. The atmosphere of the resort and the privacy of our beautiful villas are highly appreciated by the romantics. It is always great to see how couples are enjoying the romantic touch of our resort and that the service from my team adds to their special moments.

I hope to welcome both of you soon again so that you and your husband will enjoy many more romantic hours in our resort.

Yours sincerely

Michael Branham

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!