“Amazing Resort, Stunning Villas, Superb Service - The Best Resort Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay

Special Offer
Advance Purchase 20% Off
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Jimbaran
San Francisco
“Amazing Resort, Stunning Villas, Superb Service - The Best Resort Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I absolutely loved every single moment of our stay at this wonderful resort. Everything about it was simply magical. From the minute we arrived until the minute we departed, we felt that it was our home and the staff members at the resort our family. We have traveled to many destinations around the world but Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay truly stands out from anything we have ever experienced. If you ever wondered what a 5 star service TRULY means, you must visit this resort. The service here was amazing and top notch without any exception. Every single staff member you encounter would treat you as their best guest ever, trying to help you, guide you and ensure that you have the most memorable visit not only to their resort but to the entire island of Bali. I was blown away but how attentive, friendly and caring everyone was. We stayed for 4 nights (though how I wish that we would have stayed longer!) and spent a lot of time exploring the resort and meeting everyone who worked there. Sweet people who radiate happiness at everything they do. You feel welcomed and well cared for during your entire stay. Every single request is fulfilled with a great smile and a light heart, you want to hug everyone you meet their because they are so friendly and sincere.

Our villa was a Deluxe Ocean View Villa - wow! I was speechless when I walked through the villa's front gate leading to the outdoor pavilion, plunge pool and sleeping quarters. Amazing! I carefully studied resort's website before making a booking and thought I knew what to expect. But the minute I saw our villa I just melted! I stood there breathless. I felt like being transported to a magical village with thatched-roof villas and spectacular view of the ocean. Everything was perfect. There are usually pros and cons and room for improvement, but not at this resort. Perfection in everything. There were days and nights when my husband and I did not even want to leave our magical villa. Whoever was the architect of this resort, he is a genius. The resort is quite big with many free standing villas, yet each villa is built in a way that offers complete privacy. Little pathways leading to each villa bring mystery and suspense each time you walk around the resort. Did I already mention Amazing?!?

And then the restaurants with yummy food and superb service! One day we decided to have a lunch at PG's by the beach. I ordered soup that arrived quite spicy for my taste. I decided to give it a try but a careful observation of our waiter ensured that he immediately returned back to our table to inquire if I truly enjoyed my soup. I said it was too spicy. He invited me to choose another item from the menu, I chose salad, which was delicious. After lunch was finished, the manager of PG's came to our table to apologize that soup was not to my likening. And even though I said I loved my second choice of salad and everything was fine and we were happy, he insisted to treat us with delicious ice cream. The entire experience with a big smile and sincere attempt to ensure we are happy, not hungry, and completely satisfied.

Breakfast a la carte was out of this world! Plentiful and delicious. We opted to eat one morning in our villa and the entire experience was great, everything was set-up so thoughtfully. I initially thought about purchasing just a room without breakfast included, but last minute changed my mind and decided to purchase bed + breakfast package, which was a smart decision. Ordering from breakfast menu could easily add up if you want to order tea/coffee, juice, fruits + breakfast, so in my calculations, you would save much more money by pre-purchasing breakfast package in advance. There is no limit how many items you can order off a la carte menu, so it makes sense to go this route unless you are the type of person who usually skips breakfasts or eats light in the morning. One thing to consider, there is always a tray of chef’s morning specials served complimentary each morning. There are usually 5 various items on that tray – very delicious.

There is a nice resort beach with attentive service (plus two different swimming pools on the property, one is a quiet swimming pool to relax and another one with a beautiful waterfall and a Jacuzzi.) A short walk from the resort along the beach (literally less than 4 minutes of walking) you would come to an area of Jimbaran fish restaurants – many, many restaurants with tables right on the beach with waves almost touching your toes, serving delicious fish, soups, crabs, lobsters, etc and the prices are inexpensive. They get quite busy each evening right before sunset but usually there was no problem to get a table because there are so many restaurants to choose from.

We didn’t have an opportunity to try Four Seasons Spa, though we heard only amazing things about their services. We tried Bamboo Spa instead, which was about 15 minute walk from the resort.

To summarize, I would highly recommend Four Seasons Jimbaran resort. It is a prefect getaway for romantic couples, friends or families. We also stayed at St. Regis resort for few days in Nusa Dua at the end of our trip, and both my husband and I enjoyed Four Seasons resort much better. If you don’t have an opportunity to stay at both resorts and only choosing between either Four Seasons Jimbaran or St. Regis in Nusa Dua, I would recommend Four Seasons Jimbaran for sure. While service is top notch at both resorts and both properties felt truly luxurious and amazing, St. Regis is located in an area where you would never even understand that you are in Bali. St. Regis is located right in the middle of SUPER touristy area with mostly Russian and Japanese tourists and the entire area just doesn’t really feel authentic or even remotely Balinese. All restaurants serve mostly “international” cuisine and plays music of Eric Clapton, Britney Spears and Celine Dion (I am not exaggerating here.) Even though I liked St. Regis service, I absolutely hated their location. So if you are choosing between the two, stay at Four Seasons Jimbaran, you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong Region, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

What a great place and no doubt one of the best hotels I ever stayed. We had a nice, quiet spacious villa (number 136) with a view on the garden and the ocean. The hotel is a bit old (1992) though it has been upgraded several times and it is also very well maintained. The age of the hotel has more advantages than disadvantages : the garden with all the plants, flowers and trees are very mature and give the necessary privacy. Also the vegetation overall in the hotel compound is impressive. Wonderful.

The villa is equiped with everything you can think of. Bathroom is spacious and great, outside shower is nice, flowers in the villa and breakfast served on the terrace of the villa. Plunge pool is refreshing. Internet is wireless and fast (at least when you choose the premium connection).

Check in/Check out is very efficient as always at Four Seasons (if you do not arrive too early at least). Note that the hotel is a bit isolated from "the place of the action". A taxi to Kuta takes easily 30 to 40 minutes with the traffic jams. Try also the fish grill restaurants on the beach, walking distance from the hotel.

Note that swimming in the sea can be a bit tricky there.

One thing not to miss : the guided visit at the resort temple. The balinese staff member who guided us around was great : very informative visit.

Just one hick up : we were woken up by a call at 8 am of a company who wanted to sell me something. He had my name and apparently my room number. As we did not at all communicate anywhere a name and room number, it is very strange that he could just call the hotel and got connected to the room. My recommendation to Four Seasons is to change their privacy policy here : there is nothing wrong with taking a note and deliver it to the room instead of connecting somebody unknown to the room. I guess we are not the only guests here who appreciate absolute privacy... They apologized and apologies were accepted...

Great place ! You will not be disappointed...

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay is still one of the best hotels in Bali. It maybe more than 15 years old, but the premise is maintained very well. The room is very clean and is bigger than most hotel's villas.

What I like about it the most is that the hotel is a world by itself. You can enjoy its facilities - tennis, wind surfing, kayaking -- without ever needing to leave the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was our third trip to this Four Seasons and as always, the property has a genuinely Balinese feel. We asked for a quiet villa and got it, with the usual plunge pool and spacious indoor/outdoor layout. Although the hotel breakfast is not a buffet, the food is excellent and the selection quite large. Indeed, with the breakfast-included rate, we could order whatever we wanted and they let us take leftover fruit back to the room for later snacking. We enjoyed two delicious dinners in the authentic Indonesian restaurant that is part of the hotel and enjoyed use of the well-equipped exercise facilities and even a free tennis clinic on their artificial grass court. The spa is small but elegant and the massage staff were excellent. Though older than some other Bali hotels, this one has just the right feeling to calm one's spirits and refresh the soul. Don't miss the box lunch takeaway for your departing flight and don't be scared to order an $8 taxi to the airport instead of the $25 limo service. As expected, the staff were excellent. Our expectations were met in every category--with the very minor gripe that wireless internet should be included free of charge. Thank you Four Seasons!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

My wife and I spent 5 days at the Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay. The resort is lovely, the Villa (we had an ocean front villa) was airy, private and beautifully appointed, but what was truly exceptional was the service. From the manager to the buggy drivers to the cleaning crews we were made to feel special. We travel quite a bit for leisure and always stay in luxury hotels. This is one of the best.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at FS Jimbaran Bay early October 2010 for five days, and the trip was a spur of the moment kind of thing. We have stayed in Bali before a number of times, usually in the Nusa Dua area, so we wanted to try something else.
I wasn’t really sure about the location of the FS at Jimbaran Bay, as it is located close to the airport yet quite far away from the shopping and dining areas at Seminyak. In the end my initial feeling was right: we always had to take long taxi rides to do some shopping or find some evening atmosphere. With the heavy traffic in Bali nowadays, this is quite tiring. While at the pool, I found myself counting the planes taking off and landing.
Jimbaran Bay is a long and big beach, but nothing special or beautiful. The main interest is the seafood restaurants on the beach, which we tried once.
The resort is large and built in typical Balinese style on terraces overlooking one corner of the bay. Each villa has its own plunge pool, a typical Balinese entrance with double door, with on one side the bedroom and bathroom and an open lounge area on the other. All are decorated in a mix of traditional Balinese/Indonesian (with heavy wood accents) and classic resort hotel style. While the villas are definitely well equipped and well maintained, one gets the feeling the resort has aged. The room inside is dark.
Privacy inside the villa is compromised by the fact that the villa on the higher terrace behind looks right into the one beneath.
As the plunge pool is quite small, we spent most of the time in one of the two swimming pools. There were few other people around the pool.
Service in the resort is excellent, as one would expect from a FS.
The only real downside of the resort in my view was the food. While they go to great lengths to provide quality as well as quantity (especially the breakfast), the food in general is dull and lacks imagination. None of the restaurants are air-conditioned, so very traditional but typical ‘hotel-style’ Italian pastas served for dinner in a humid tropical environment just doesn’t cut it. There is a small Indonesian restaurant tucked away in an old reconstructed colonial house with water pond to break that mood, but the choice of dishes was very small. We also tried PJ, which was equally a disappointment. The food and drink prices are also expensive, but going out is a headache because of the distance to travel. We tried a small Australian run restaurant in the Seminyak area, and the dishes were refreshing compared with the dull and heavy cuisine of FS, and at a fraction of the cost.
If one is looking for ambience at night, there is none. Either everybody is in his villa or has left the hotel.
This is definitely a quality hotel and service is top notch, but it is in need of some new ideas. This resort was supposedly voted one of the best in the world. It didn’t leave me with any lasting impression.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I have stayed at a number of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts so far, so it is difficult to write something new that I have not already written one way or another.
The service at the Jimbaran Bay resort is consisdently at highest standards and in line with what you would expect of the chain. From the first greeting when the driver collects you at the airport to the drop off on your way to the next destination, you are made to feel you are the only guest and absolute focus - with an all natural service attitude that is not overdone or acted. Absolutely unintrusive but going the extra mile at any given moment. What I would specifically like to comment is the 'human' edge which I have seen in many staff. You felt like being a guest at a friends home who was keen to make your stay special and always happy to share ideas to make your stay even more special. Without some of the little hints when the best time to visit a momument is or what the best outside restaurants are for a genuine Bali feeling, the holiday would have lacked 'spice'.
The Resort itself is amazing. The pictures speak for themselves. Although I have been to FS resorts where the villas are further apart that in this one, it did not feel cramped. You had maximum privacy without really seeing or hearing anyone else when outside the common areas. I felt so at home, most of the time I did not even bother leaving the villa. Just meandering between open living area, sun deck and private pool was the perfect slow down from a hectic life. The walks between the villas on the grounds had a bit of flair like a mediterranean village, the walks on the beach along the cliffs are spectacular. The most charming touch are the 'public' pavillions along the shore line which can be set up for a private dinner or just as a breaking point during a walk along the sea front with a loved one. Some pavillions have hidden steps down to the water and at certain times expose a tiny private beach. An absolute dream.
And for those who can never really get away from it all: the hotel has the cheapest wifi I have ever seen in a property this category.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!