“Just amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AYANA Resort and Spa

You added AYANA Resort and Spa to your Saves list
AYANA Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Deal:15%OFF!
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Jimbaran
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Just amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

It was the best holiday I've had! We initially booked for the Jimbaran room but upon check-in they offered an upgrade for a good price so we upgraded to the Cliff Villa and stayed for 4 nights. It was just gorgeous! It's not cheap but is definitely worth it. All the staff were lovely and very accommodating (special mention to all the staff at Dava Restaurant for looking after us). The Rock Bar is a must-try, but we would've thought that as guests we could reserve a table. But the priority access was still a fair go. All in all it was a truly wonderful and relaxing experience, exactly what you want when on holidays. Will definitely be coming back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear ‘jhille29’

Thank you for your comments, I will share this with all DAVA Restaurant team members and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Roger Habermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at Ayana for 3 nights over a long weekend and loved the property. I had an oceanview room on the club floor with a balcony and it was quiet, spacious and relaxing. The property is expansive and set high up on the cliffs with beautiful sunset views. There are multiple restaurants to choose from and breakfast is buffet style with a broad selection.
The property is busy. Apart from guests staying at the hotel, guests from Ayana's sister hotel, Rimba have access and the general public also seems to be welcomed. There are 3 pools with poolside lounge service. Not surprisingly, the resort is built for couples. I think I was the only solo traveler during my stay.
Other reviewers have mentioned the Rock Bar and it is definitely the best spot to view the sunset. It does get crowded as many from outside the resort are welcome but worth the wait.
The spa was wonderful although the treatment rooms vary; some beautifully appointed and others a little tired. There was some construction going on while I was there so you didn't want to linger given the noise but that should be completed in a few weeks.
The only downside for me was the lack of beach access. You can get a shuttle to Ayana's beach but it is 178 steps down to reach it and it's relatively compact. I was looking for a beach for a long morning walk but it's necessary to take a taxi to reach the Jimbaren beach.
You can also visit Rimba but it is a completely different feel; very modern, cold, and stark in contrast to Ayana. I went over to visit but left immediately.
All in all, Ayana is a beautiful, relaxing spot.

Room Tip: Oceanview on the club level (4th floor) is best albeit expensive
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear ‘TrishaMD’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay including Priority Access to Rock Bar and the Spa. I note your comment on the beach; as an alternative to a beach walk, we have a 3.5 kilometer jogging track that connects AYANA to RIMBA via our expansive gardens, and is a tranquil setting for a morning walk.

Again thank you for your great comment and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed at Ayana only for 2 days and one night, but it was amazing for us. We really could enjoy the resort. The view was breathtaking, we could see beautiful sea, feel the wind and the warm of sunlight.
You also must try the Rock Bar, new experience of enjoying the bar above ocean.
Unfortunately i got sick in the evening, but in the morning, a very caring staff , Ms. Sunari who in charge at club lounge , made me a special drinks and arrange the doctor to see me in the room. It was very toughful.
Overall, we are very satisfied and definitely will recommend Ayana to others and back again to enjoy all the things there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ‘Loveist’

Thank you for your comments after staying at AYANA, albeit for only one night. I am sorry to hear you fell ill during your stay, but I’m glad to know that you still enjoyed your time with us and I will personally share with Ms. Sunari your inspiring note.

Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We spent all day at this resort and it was fantastic. Luxury place but not cheap. The grounds are well maintained as everything else. What a wonderful SPA, it takes 2 hours to go around the water jets and the view it is fantastic. The Rock Bar is something that must be seen.....awesome.
The pools are also amazing. We will be back

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘numer01’

It is truly rewarding to read your compliment and I’m glad you enjoyed the Aquatonic Pool thalassotherapy treatment, and the Rock Bar. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I went with my family to ayana . The trip n stay was awesome. We enjoyed a lot.the pools are too good. Jacuzzi is not that great. Rock bar is awesome. The only sad point was we had to arrange our own chairs. Cocktails are very good.view is breathtaking. Ayana breakfast was very sumptuous. Room s very neat n well maintained

• Stayed March 2014
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear “explorer1785”

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It’s a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful family vacation at AYANA and enjoyed the various resort facilities. I will share your note on Rock Bar with the team so that we can take more care to assist every guest from the first moment of arrival and escorting to their table. I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Coburg, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

From the moment you drive into the Ayana service is amazing. My partner and I spent two nights here recently and the resort was more than we expected. The adult only pool down by the cliff was exceptional, quite,relaxing and just amazing . The staff were very friendly and great photography's ! They love to please. Dinner at the seafood restaurant was lovely, it can be expensive though. The rock bar is amazing as always. We did checkout there new sister hotel Rimba, which is also amazing. There are lots of pools to choose from for a swim. Once we checked out as our flight was late that night we could still use the facility's without any issues. They even provide shower facility's for you to use. If you want to come and spoil yourselves or have a special occasions this is the place to come

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘Rachael M’

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your “best of both worlds” experience with AYANA and the facilities of our new sister hotel RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The grounds and villas at this resort are first class - as would be expected by a hotel that was built by the Ritz Carlton. My husband and I had a romantic couple days here, and recommend it enthusiastically. If you want to lie on a quiet, flat beach, this is not your place but the setting is fantastic if you like beautiful views from the cliffs, wonderful pools, and sophisticated gardens and buildings. If you book a villa you can eat at the dining room exclusive to guests of the villas, which is a bonus if you don't like breakfast buffet lines in the morning. You also get preferential treatment making reservations at the restaurants and you don't have to wait in line for the Rock Bar (saved us over an hour). The staff was friendly and helpful. We will remember our stay at the Ayana as one of our best hotel stays.

Room Tip: If you can get a good deal on a villa, take it!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 'casadeboys'

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am very happy to know that you had a romantic experience in your private pool Villa and also enjoyed the priority access to Rock Bar, and warm and caring service.

I am so glad that you will always remember AYANA, and I hope that we see you again soon to create more amazing memories.

Roger Habermacher

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!