“Amazing memories!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AYANA Resort and Spa

You added AYANA Resort and Spa to your Saves list
AYANA Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
FREE $50 Credits
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Jimbaran
“Amazing memories!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My BF proposed me in their pier in such a romantic atmosphere!! I didn't know where're we going till i saw that charming table for two with an amazing sunset view!! Actually, i was told that we were going to watch a football game:))))) And our guide and waiter named Pande did a great job with playing around like he's really taking us to that kind of bar in that luxurious resort!! I was shocked with such a gorgeous and romantic atmosphere!! Thank you, Ayana Resort! Thank you, Kisik restaurant! Thank you, Pande! That night was just for two of us. Nobody around. Just us, sunset and the sea. It was a delicious Lobster dinner!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear ‘Anastasia S’

Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for sharing your amazing memories with our team at AYANA.

It was an honor to be part of the surprise arranged by your boyfriend – now fiance – at Kisik Jetty. I am glad to hear that the surprise was kept until the last moment when you saw your table at the end of the jetty – instead of a football game! I will share your note to Pande and look forward to seeing you again, perhaps for your wedding at AYANA!

Roger Habermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Actually, it's one of my dream to stay in Ayana Hotel. So, i decided to stay only 1 night. But, it's not like with my expected.

I want to let's you know some comment when I stayed in Ayana
1. The design of the room is old, but still good Maintanance. The room have a traditional design. Actually, I prefer a modern design. The room is comfortable and clean.
2. The bedding need more attention. The linen for the bed and pillow is smelly. I think it's not really well done when they dried the linen.
3. The Padi restaurant for breakfast is too dark for me. And the food don't really have a lot variation. Some of them have flat taste, it looks have not enough seasoning? But chicken herb is delicious!
4. The pool (upper level pool and lower level pool) is crowded at that time. A little bit difficult to get chair surrounding the pool. My favorite pool is Ocean Beach pool. Wow, it's amazing pool with great view! ( great ocean view). It's my recommendation to swim and relax there and It's a must when you stay in Ayana. But you must come early to get the chair, because they don't have a lot chair there. I'm appreciate to the staff in the Ocean Beach Pool, especially Ms Murni? They're very polite and helpful to help me found the chair. Good job guys!
5. When I stayed, I felt crowded because the occupancy at that time is 90% and so many people who didn't stay in Ayana visit to the hotel for Rock Bar. So, the atmosphere is not really private.

The important thing you need know when you stay in Ayana hotel, you can use facility in Rimba hotel. Rimba hotel is a new hotel behind Ayana and 'sister' of Ayana Hotel. The location is still one complex with Ayana. You can go to Rimba Hotel with free shuttle/car every 15 minutes from Ayana.
And the pool in Rimba Hotel is amazing! They have 5 big pool! I am very enjoyed there!

Hopefully i can go back again to Ayana Hotel or Rimba Hotel one day, more explore both of the hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear ‘arnoldusIndonesia’

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience after your one-night stay at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I appreciate your comments including your suggestions on areas where we can improve. As you mention, AYANA rooms are traditional in design, and were renovated in 2011 whilst keeping their original Balinese feel. RIMBA rooms are much more modern and may better suit your preferences.

I am glad that you enjoyed the time at the Ocean Beach Pool as well as the six pools at RIMBA. At AYANA we have 5 swimming pools and for maximum privacy and tranquility I suggest the River Pool located next to the Villa Lobby, which is less busy than the Main Pool. Also, because many Villa guests have their own plunge pools in their Villas, they do not use the River Pool very much, so even when Villa occupancy is high, the River Pool is nice and quiet.

I will personally share your compliments to the team members especially Murni who took such good care of you at AYANA. I look forward to welcoming you back – perhaps next time to experience RIMBA’s more modern design and unique facilities.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was my second time that I visted ayana as I had a mesmerising experience the first time in mid 2013. This time, I booked for a club room as it had access to the club lounge which had complementary wifi. The room I stayed in (146*) were amazing (expect a large, mouldy mirror next to the tv that was also in my parents room next doors). The lounge had mostly great food throughout the day (especially at breakfast) however I will warn you that some foods will smell slightly "off". (Eg sliced ham) The lounge staffs were slightly disappointing. Most of them were male staffs who would arrange foods and clean. However, they were very infrequent with cleaning plates that we had finished on our table. We ended up stacking 2-3 plates as we ate since there were no room to place the empty plates. There is one female employee and one male staff (Sul Alh) who I would vote are the best staffs, making you feel welcomed, as they would come up to you and ask if you would like anything such as an omelette or drinks. (Unlike some staffs who you have to go up to and ask) Also children seemed to be allowed in the lounge unlike what it said on the website. (And there is a child right behind me as I am writing this review in the lounge, waiting for my checkout) The facilities, pools and restaurants in the resort are still amazing! (Expect a "kimchi-less kimchi buchi at Hozen Restaraunt) Overall an amazing experience, but just not up to my previous experience. I would still definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed January 2014
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear ‘megalollypop’

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. While I am glad that you still recommend AYANA for a relaxing holiday in Bali, I regret that your experience was let down by a shortfall in service in the Club Lounge. This is certainly not consistent with the high standards that all of our team members take pride in delivering, and which our guests rightly expect. I will share your feedback with the Club Lounge team to reenergize our Canon service philosophy and ensure more attention to our guests.

We also have high Food and Hygiene standards and conduct regular assessments to maintain the quality and freshness of our Club Lounge cuisine. I will share your feedback with our Executive Chef for our improvement. As you mentioned, the Club Lounge is not accessible to children under 12 years of age, and I apologize for any lapse in this.We do uphold this policy despite often being requested by families to allow children into the Lounge, so I am surprised to learn of your experience. I will investigate this to ensure we consistently uphold the policy.

I personally will share your compliments to the team members who took such good care of you and created a memorable experience for your second visit, and I’m glad that this, along with the pools and restaurants around the resort, helped to make up for the shortfalls you experienced in the Club Lounge.

Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The title of the review says it all...below explains why!

We booked with MyBali (who offer a great ViP service to and from the airport) and received a great package for our honeymoon which included flights, US$1000 wine, dine and spa credit. Initially we booked into the Club Floor and then upgraded to a one bedroom Ocean View Cliff Villa, whilst keeping the benefits of Club Floor guests.

The resort really stands out for its attention to detail, excellent service and commitment to the guest. It was clean, set in stunning scenery and made our honeymoon unforgettable. This resort goes above and beyond what I've experienced elsewhere, and I was so grateful that even though we'd booked for 7 nights and out flight out was at midnight on day 8, they allowed us to keep using all the facilities, including the Club Lounge (so we could still eat and drink without spending extra), after check out. They also reminded us 24 hours before check out that we still had quite a bit of our $1000 credit to use, AND allowed us to use the remaining $100 after check out. So many resorts would have cancelled the credit, and I wouldn't imagine too many would encourage you to use it so openly.

Arrival:
From the moment we arrived we were impressed! The stunning entrance to both Ayana and Rimba gave a taste of the expansive tropical gardens in which the resort is set. Check in was quick and easy as a Club Floor guest and within minutes of arriving we were in our room with a welcome cocktail. A rose bouquet was left as a welcoming honeymoon gift and this was the first gesture of many which really cemented our love of Ayana.

The Club Floor:
We stayed in the main part of the hotel to begin our stay. The room was spacious, well-appointed and spotless - housekeeping staff were discreet and thorough. Whilst there were many rooms in the hotel, it was very quiet and we rarely saw other guests when moving around.

Most days we ate in the club lounge, where you are served five light meals each day. Breakfast was phenomenal - with choices including fresh fruit, cereal, cold meats, pastries, and Japanese, Chinese and Indonesian cuisine. Likewise lunch and dinner offered something for all tastes, with evening meals showcasing food from the resort's main restaurants.

Wifi was free for guests in the Club Lounge, and there were iPads to borrow if needed.

As it was our honeymoon, we also took advantage of the low-cost upgrade (a fraction of the usual price) for our final couple of nights - we weren't disappointed!

Ocean View Cliff Villa:
I can still remember the "wow" factor as the butler welcomed us to our villa... This was the first time I'd ever stayed somewhere like this, with private pool and a butler on call, but what an experience! The villa was huge, with a living room, bedroom and extensive bathroom with walk-in robe. On our first night here the massive bath was filled with rose petals and frangipanis - another really special touch.

Like the Club Room, the Villas were well appointed and beautifully decorated with a blend of traditional and modern furniture. The Illy coffee machine was most welcome in the morning as an alternative to plunger coffee, and the sofas were so comfortable, as was the bed!

The best part of staying in a villa is, of course, the private pool. Although it had been raining heavily the night before and there had been strong winds the pool was spotless, and each day two members of staff came to clean it. I say this noting that another guest had trouble with their pool - I can vouch that we didn't have this issue at all and the staff was all very helpful.

The resort and spa:
Even though the resort is large and clearly accommodates many guests, it was never busy and this made such a difference to the atmosphere. The choice of pools was great, with the Ocean Pool being our favourite, but be warned you may need to go early, or be prepared to wait at another pool for a spot here. With ten beds (doubles!), and a no children policy, this pool was definitely meant for romance! It was great to have a child-free pool, although the children of the clientele were well behaved at other pools and so it was easy to relax. The infinity pool which you can see from the lobby is great if you can't get to the Ocean Pool, and another favourite was the river pool by the villas, which all guests can use, yet it was always very quiet when we were there.

There were plenty of things to do around the resort, so other than a couple of trips out to Nusa Dua and Ubud, we pretty much stayed in Ayana. We had free access to golf, the gym, tennis, sauna and steam room and often went for a stroll around different parts of the resort to enjoy the plants and wildlife.

Having the $1000 credit, I made good use of the spa and indulged in the Spassion3 package - putting together my own choice of treatments (Balinese massage - a must! Ayana Body Scrub and Flower bath, and an algae body masque and head, neck and shoulder massage). We also used the Thalasso Hydrotherapy Pool, which I would definitely recommend for the experience, but be warned some of those jets are pretty strong! Another guest noted they thought it was chlorine heavy, but I didn't find this - only the taste of salt! Sunset would be a great time to go as you can look out over the ocean and enjoy the colours.

The Rock Bar:
As many others have said, this place is a must! It was pretty cool to skip the queues waiting to get in and take priority as a hotel guest. Sunsets were lovely, the atmosphere was great - perfect mix of music to go with the setting. Service was pretty good considering the numbers, and all the staff were, as with the rest of the resort, incredibly friendly.

A massive thank you to Adi and all the lovely staff in the Club, and Yudi our butler, who made our experience all the better. Staff really make a place, and everyone from grounds keepers to the chefs seemed genuinely happy, suggesting that Ayana truly cares about their staff.

We will definitely go back, and I will probably try to return with some girl friends to make more use of spa facilities!

Room Tip: Club Floor benefits are really worth it - we hardly spent any money in the resort as we had the MyBa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear ‘ThisTeacherTravels’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It was truly an honor to be chosen as the venue for your honeymoon in Bali and I’m glad you enjoyed the privacy of your Ocean View Cliff Villa and Club Room and the exclusive benefits of Club Lounge. I am delighted that you indulged in the various on-site facilities and spa treatments, and I personally will share you note to your butlers Adi and Yudi who will feel very rewarded.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable celebration at AYANA.

pokolbin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have just returned from a two night stay at Ayana. It was a splurge to finish off our trip in Bali. We went all out and booked a cliff front ocean view villa with its own private pool at $1000us/night

The room was lovely and large and had gorgeous views and a lovely private pool. The villas also enjoy their own reception, pool and bar areas, very quiet and tranquil - this a huge benefit as the main parts of the hotel can be crowded and unpleasant - esp reception.

During the first night of our stay it rained - not at all unexpected as it is the rainy season. What we didn't expect was for our pool to turn to a mud bath. We call reception to have it cleaned but after 3 attempts they were unable to clean the mud out. It was obvious that the only solution would be to empty, clean then refill the pool. We requested to be moved to another villa but this request was IGNORED! We had intended to take advantage of their floating brunch in your pool in the mornings served by your own butler but this was not an option with the state of the pool

I am horrified that this resort would ignore something so important - yes it rains, but if the design of your gardens allows mud to just run into the pool perhaps drainage etc should be investigated.

I could not recommend Ayana on the basis of this experience. This is unfortunate as it had such great potential. It was a real stretch to stay in such an expensive room - and it was just a let down.

On a good note - the staff at Davao restaurant were fantastic as was their food

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear ’JO B’

Thank you for your feedback after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am glad that you were impressed by your Villa design, amenities, service, Dava restaurant and the resort grounds. However, I regret that your experience was ruined by our poor response to your concern in regards to the effect the heavy rain had on your villa plunge pool. This is certainly not in keeping with our high standards and I have investigated this matter thoroughly. I regret to learn that your request was not addressed, there is no excuse for this and I have met with our Villas team to ensure this does not happen again. I know this does not change your experience, but I do hope you will return to AYANA to enjoy the service and facilities in the future.

Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Three main reasons to stay at Ayana. One, the rock bar. The rock bar is situated on the cliff over looking the sea with the ocean water hitting the rocks. Two, the thalasso hydrotherapy pools are definitely one of a kind in asia. Three, the private villas with it's enormous pools and living rooms are a family favorite. Definitely a great destination for family with kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘travelerkit’

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know that you and your family felt relaxed at AYANA and that you enjoyed the sanctuary of your private pool Villa, Rock Bar and Aquatonic Jet Pool at Thermes Marins Spa Bali.

I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Ayana is an exceptional property. It has an excellent location on the coast at Jimbaran of which they make the most. The drive in off the main road feels more like a golf resort than a coastal resort. Green, lush, trees, all in great quality. The guest rooms, even at the standard level, are really excellent, being large and very comfortable. Great balconies for taking in some fresh sea air and escaping from the aircon. There are multiple restaurants but I highly recommend ordering a'la carte for dinner, a better selection than the buffet. They have western, indian, thai, chinese and japanese on the menu, and it was really excellent. Not often the case in Bali.

The highlight though is the Rock Bar. This is a bar on a rock, pretty simple, but if you not there every afternoon for sunset you are really missing out. Book a table with the view, as a hotel guest you get priority over the tourists who come in to get the experience. Now, its not cheap so be prepared to spend $200 or more for two or three people for a couple of drinks and a snack, but take your time, enjoy the DJ implanted in the hill and just watch the sun go down, the planes take off and land at the airport and everyone around you. Then off to dinner. Highly recommended is the locally bottled red and white wines. Get a bottle of the Sav Blanc and enjoy.

It is a fair taxi ride from Kuta / Legian / Seminyak so dont stay here if you are planning to go out too often, stay here and stay here, just enjoy the place, there is plenty to do and lots of relaxin to take advantage of.

But remember this place is not cheap, so dont complain if you are on a budget, just enjoy it.

Room Tip: This part of Bali is generally windy so having an ocean facing room may not be what you really want...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear ‘Aegisint’

It was an honor to be the host of your holiday and I am delighted that you enjoyed the resort grounds, cuisine at PADI Restaurant and Rock Bar.

As you mentioned, AYANA is located 30 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Kuta, making it perfect for travelers seeking maximum relaxation.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing holiday in Bali.

Roger Habermacher

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!