“Fantastic 7 night stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AYANA Resort and Spa

You added AYANA Resort and Spa to your Saves list
AYANA Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Special Deal:15%OFF!
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Jimbaran
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Australia
“Fantastic 7 night stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at Ayana. The room was stunning and perfectly set up for us and our 1yr old daughter with a cot and bottle sterilizer! The cot had lovely bedding, which is sometimes is a rare in Asia for baby cots! It was soft and comfortable unlike some of the rock hard baby mattresses we have been given at some other hotels and resorts. The room was a beautiful blend of Asian and classical pieces! The day bed in the balcony is perfect for afternoon drinks. We had a ocean view room, but after walking the hotel and viewing the scene from my mums room that looked onto the main middle of the hotel Gardens and water features we decided that any room would be amazing, especially the rooms that open out to grassed areas once our daughter is slightly older. The grounds are immaculate, and constantly tended by staff cleaning and looking after the beautiful flowerbeds, water features and pools. the pools are sensational and we have seen some stunning pools throughout Asia! From the the top main infinty pool with the water staircase to the lower pool with waterfalls and tropical fish tank hidden behind, to the private ocean view pool that has amazing view over the hotels own private beach, to the childrens fun pool with slides and fountains, and also the gorgeous villa pool where you can lounge on the second story of the pool sun baking while gazing at the frangipanis and waterfalls! The water was a perfect refreshing temperature for the hot humid days! There is nothing worse than getting to a pool that is luke warm or hot pool in a already hot country! The frangipanis, plants and the trees throughout the grounds are so stunning! You can wander around the resort all day admiring and taking pictures of the architecture and the gardens!
The aquatonic pool was one of the amazing experiences of our holiday! The two hours moving through the stations of the outdoor pool complex helped every ache and pain by massaging every inch of us! It was well worth the time and the money! The changing rooms alone are amazing!
Breakfast buffet is one of the best we have had! The range of food was huge, from fruit and cereal, to Japanese, pastries, Indonesian and asian delicacies, fresh baby coconuts and the usual hearty big breakfast fare! The view looking over the water features and koi ponds makes a perfect setting for the perfect start of the day!
We loved and enjoyed the rock bar, being guests of the hotel we never had to wait for the fenuncular down to the bar, and you are gifted with a long stemmed red rose. we sipped delicious cocktails and listened to a wonderful chilled out band perched on the cliff while waves crashed below! What a view and what a atmosphere!
There are enough dining and bar options to keep you busy for breakfast lunch and dinner a whole week!
Our little daughter loved the puppies, dwarf rabbits and other lovely little critters that arrived to entertain the children at the kids club on the Sunday morning. The kids club comes highly recommended although we did not use it and it's many activities available for children because of our daughter being so young, we did however use the hotels baby-sitting service and found it to be fantastic and our daughter really enjoyed her time being doted on ( she adored her sitter!) and cruising around the resort at her leisure saying hello to everyone that passed! I will definitely be utilizing the services of both babysitting and kids club next time we return to stay at the Ayana! Perfect excuse for parents to get away and do amazing romantic and fun things while still being in the same resort complex as your child so you can always be contacted if need be while you use the spa, or golf course, visit the rock bar or martini bar! The options within the resort are endless but you are still only five minutes maximum away from your child incase of emergencies! So one less thing to worry about!
Last but not least, special mention must go to the amazing, fantastic staff of the hotel. Words cannot express how kind, courteous, friendly and helpful all staff members were during our stay no matter what the request, from the smiles and hello's from the gardeners, to the front desk and staff greeting guests in the lobby remembering all our names from day one! They were so very loving and kind to our daughter. Everyone from the young men serving breakfast to the beautiful ladies at the front desk took the time to enquire and heap affection on our daughter who loved every minute of the attention! The Balinese are truly amazing and gentle with children and babies, and I can think of no better place to enjoy a relaxing time with my child. The managers on each day were always there, working next to their staff making sure that everything ran so smoothly and seamlessly, and made sure to brief the next manages on duty on current matters to be attended too. I make a note of this especially because I thought I had lost my wedding and engagement at the spa or walking the grounds, which is hectares and hectares! I was hysterical and beside myself and my insurance company was not help, the staff on the other hand were fantastic, kind supportive and caring. They all walked and looked everywhere, in the dark! Everyone knew and was helping and so concerned. My husband found them, one in the camera case, the other in the track of the sliding door where my daughter had flung it. I felt so terrible but everyone was so good about it, how embarrassing and stupid of me, but I just wanted to express such gratitude at the help and kindness we received from the managers and all the staff. The staff are a true asset and made a 5 star resort easily a 6 star resort! Other hotels and resorts should send staff to be trained at Ayana because it is how true hospitality should be and the owner('s?) of Ayana should be truly proud of their staff!
Planting a tree on the resort property is also a lovely and touching way to leave a little bit of your heart at Ayana, ours are green apple trees and have our names and the date of our stay attached to the trunk. We will also be getting updates on "our trees" and we are looking forward to visiting them with our daughter and watching them grow over the years as she does! Just another way Ayana is staying green and ahead of the game. Also Ayana is also the only resort on the island that is tsunami certified and also the security makes you feel so safe at the entry while at the same time being totally non invasive within the resort walls! The two Labradors that take turns at the front entry, one black one white were so cute and were a big hit with our girl who was missing her own two big dogs!
We can't wait to return. The sooner the better! We will return and bring lots of family in tow and maybe try a stunning villa! I can not praise Ayana enough and recommend it to everyone from friends to couples to families! Big hugs to Jun at Sami Sami who made many meals pleasure by taking care of not only our needs and everyone elses but also entertained our daughter on numerous occasions! She loved the time she spent with you! Thank you!
Thank you all so much!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband (now) took me to Ayana Resort, the Rock Bar, private pier for dinner to propose to me in October 2011.

We were not hotel guests, just booked out the pier for the night.

The spot was absolutely perfect.

To gain entry, you travel in groups of no more then 4/5 in a cable cart down the side of a cliff. Once at the bottom we shared 4pm coctails at the famous Rock Bar whilst a very cool DJ played afternoon tunes nestled in the side of the cliff.

A very impressive & ultra cool spot. Although, the heat is mental down there as you sit unshaded & directly on the water.

The whole operation is very smooth & they personally walked us through their restaurant, introduced us to chefs & staff & then on & down to the pier. Utterly breathtaking.

Table decorated with flowers, candles & a beautiful framed personalised menu with our names etc. Only our table in the middle of the ocean. Amazing.

Balinese musicians played traditional music for us along the pier & it is something I will never forget.

Food = quite good, dessert = beautiful.

Service = exemplary.

Tips = if you arent a guest of Ayana & you havent booked an exclusive package (like we had) make sure you arrive early if you want to visit the Rock Bar. Lines were out of this world & the cable cart is a slow process. So hot waiting. We felt guilty being ushered past people who said they had been there for over 1 hour.

My husband had purchased a small zipped bingtang bag to store the ipad he used to show me a video he made on (when proposing) & the ring. He was made to turn it inside out to hide the logo which meant I saw the contents as he pulled everything out - not good for a surprise. No logo policy. A policy is a policy but im sure some exceptions could be made - but no.

Bar staff = ok service. Nothing to write home about. Drinks were slow.

Appearance of hotel = beautiful.

Expensive to book but def has the wow factor.

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I had 7 days at Ayana after attending a weekend wedding of our good friends' son in Seminyak. To say it was a perfect holiday is an understatement. We stayed in an ocean front villa. It was fabulous. On arrival we had our bath full with rose petals and fresh fruit basket. We had a butler to attend to whatever we needed for duration of our stay. Every now and then we would come home to fresh flowers or rose petals and frangipanis in a heart shape on our huge bathroom floor. The restaurants were all excellent. We had our own pool but the choice of pools were superb. Particularly the one for villa use only. Nothing was ever a problem wherever we went on the resort. We will be back. Next time we will try to book a clifftop villa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
AYANARESORT, Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear ‘Julie B’

Thank you for your review of AYANA. I am glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay in your ocean front villa and that you felt appreciated by our team members, especially our butlers and the courtesy and respect they extended in serving your needs.
I am also delighted that you enjoyed the restaurants and the variety of pools at the resort. I will share your feedback with our staff who will feel very appreciated in return. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you in the future, when you return to our Cliff Villas.

Best regards,

Edward Linsley
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

As a frequent visitor to Bali, this was my first time to The Ayana. It will not be my last!

We had gone to the 'talk of the town' the night before The W for drinks before dinner, and it felt like a playground for the Nuevo rich, and everyone was trying to be 'Hollywood' , we spoke over dinner (6 of us) saying great hotel but it's a playground and I don't know if I'd relax there if staying there.

This however was different at The Ayana, at first I thought the hotel must be half full, as there was so much space, free sun beds, tables with views in restaurants, a total different vibe to The W. It wasn't half full, but as the resort is spread over 77 acres the facilities are spread around, so you feel like you have the place exclusively to your group of friends.

We were greated by Yohanes at reception who gave us a guided to tour whilest going to our room, so informative and friendly the management should be proud of this brand ambassador. He told us the places to eat, the best places to swim, the short cuts to breakfast, all about the spa, and the details of our room. All with the biggest welcoming smile possible.

We had an amazing seafood dinner at their restaurant perched on the side of a cliff where we selected our seafood and weighed it then got it cooked fresh, and great value for money!

A must do is the Aquatonics at the spa.... You can not go to The Ayana and not do this.

The ocean pool is awesome, but beware you think you are in the shade but the sun is still strong, so 'slip slop slap' as us Aussies say and use sunblock.

The only negative is the wifi, but now I'm just been picky, you have to pay extra for this, and per device, so if you travel we a few it's either pick one, or have a large bill.

The staff and service here would be the best I have had in Bali in my many visits.... I can not wait to go back to The Ayana....

Room Tip: The resort is so good and you spend so much time out of your room, the 'resort view' rooms a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear ‘KramL77’

Thank you for your review of AYANA. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the service form our team members, as well as the facilities, cuisine and pools.
I will share your feedback with our team at Kisik and the Spa, and especially Yohanes, our Guest Relations Officer. They truly feel inspired when guests take the time to share such feedback. In regards to the WiFi, we will take your feedback into consideration as part of a review of our WiFi service. Currently, we provide complimentary WiFi for villa guests, while guests staying on our club floor enjoy WiFi access at our Club Lounge.

Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Edward Linsley
avalon beach nsw Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We spent our last 34 hrs of our 15 day stay in Bali at this beautiful hotel and what a fabulous way to end our trip.

We travelled as a party of 5 and had booked 2 rooms for our stay. Upon our welcoming arrival we were advised that we had been upgraded to a Villa but the Villa would not be ready for an hour if we would like to wait. We would have waited several if it meant getting our beautiful ocean front 2 bedroom villa. Our butler collected us from the main resort pool an hour later and drove us in the golf cart to our home for the next 24 hrs. We couldn't contain the excitement and were running around the Villa squealing even before he left. The villa was even much better than the photos on their website and we basically didn't leave it except for breakfast! We decided to order a party via room service and stayed in the pool for the majority of the night with petal baths in between. The sunset from our bale overlooking the ocean was the stuff of dreams. There were docking stations to crank up the music and nespresso machines for coffee in the morning. Needless to say we were very happy with our Villa stay. Tears came to our party eyes the next morning when our butler had written morning in petals at our villa gate. Breakfast at the Dava was a feast with so many choices you could eat for weeks without having the same thing. I particularly liked the fruit station where your choice of juices could be made fresh for you or whole fruits cut to your liking. There was just so much!

Whist we reluctantly checked out at noon our bags were stored and we were driven to the private beach which was lovely. Monkeys playing in the bushes and crystal waters. The stairs going up were not so great in the heat of the day but made room for lunch. We then were driven to the oceanfront infinity pool where we swam and had lunch in one of the cabanas. This was my pick of the 3 pools and very serene. We then showered in the spa and hit the Rock Bar. I had been before but not as a hotel guest so enjoyed being whisked into the VIP line. The Rock Bar is a unique spot for having a drink and chilling. Service is a little slow at peak times but is understandable.

Check out was smooth and we were driven to the airport by the hotel with a lovely touch of being met at the airport by an Ayana rep who directed us and wheeled our bags all the way inside the airport. This made life so much easier and a nice parting gift.

The service, accommodation and facilities at the Ayana are the best I have ever experienced and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. I am not usually a fan of such large resorts but the Ayana has mastered the specialised boutique feeling on such a grand scale.

Congratulations and until next time.

Room Tip: When you first arrive ask for a tour of the resort so you see it all and work out where you want to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in this amazing resort twice now, first in Xmas 2010 and then went back to get married in April 2011.

After our first visit we fell in love with the place - it was so relaxing and enjoyed every minute of our stay. Staffs are brilliant and the service you get is top-notch.
We've stayed in a lot of hotels but this is definitely one of the best hotels in the world. The pool areas are maintained to a very high standard and with a few pools around the resort you never struggle to find some sun-beds, never gets crowded. Infinity pools are breath-taking and the world famous Rock bar to end the evening watching the sunset.

Wedding staffs were also excellent, making our day so special and unforgettable.
The rooms we stayed in were Deluxe Ovean room, Ocean view suites, and the one bedroom villa. All kept clean to a high standard and had no issues with anything. Butler service was also excellent at the villa.

Spa is also amazing. There are a lot of cheap spas in Bali where you can get 5hrs treatment for the same price as 1hr in Thermes Marins but spending time in this spa is well worth it. Although it seem a little expensive, I thought it was money well spent. It definitely is in the top 5 of world's best spa. - Must be visited.

We will not think twice about going back for another amazing holiday. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We're back again to Bali for holiday. And this time, we celebrated our 7th year anniversary. Travelled down from Seminyak, the moment me and hubby entered the gate of Ayana Resort, it took us awhile ton reach at the hotel lobby. I felt as though we were going for some golf session. As soon as we reached the lobby, we were greeted by the hotel staffs and the necessary process for checking in happened. We then make our way to our ground floor hotel room facing the garden. It was fantastic!!!! I love the big bed, the room decor that has a touch of modern Balinese style. The open field Just outside our balcony. Nothing much I could ask for. Service was fantastic. Room was superbly clean. And so we tour around the resort to get ourself orientate.
It's a must to enjoy all the pools they have in Ayana (there's like 5 or more fantastic pools around Ayana)
We spend all the time inside Ayana.
They have fantastic Restaurants too. And! It's a Sin not to go to the ROCK BAR!
Simply bring your love ones to the Rock Bar and enjoy a glass of drink and some snacks and watch the Sunset at the wonderful beach.
And if u have time, do take the opportunity to try the Spatonic. It's an experience I shall say, and we really love it.
All I can say, me and hubby will definitely come back to Ayana Resort :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the hotel room with Garden view instead of the Villa, and seriously..... We did not reg...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!