“Wish Bali Were Closer...Perfect Honeymoon Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Jimbaran
New York, NY
“Wish Bali Were Closer...Perfect Honeymoon Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Let me preface this review by saying that I've never written a review on Trip Advisor. I've used the site many times but never felt compelled to give my two cents...until now. My wife and I decided to go to Bali for our Honeymoon. Coming from the U.S., we had very few friends who had been to Bali and we were unable to choose a hotel based on a friend or family member's recommendation. Therefore, we had to rely on Trip Advisor. It seems, according to Trip Advisor, that many of the hotels in Bali are highly rated and excellent choices. However, we decided on the Jimbaran Puri Bali because of a few things. 1) It was on the beach. We found a few other hotels in the same price range who did not have access to a real beach. Instead they had swimming areas or shuttles to the beach. 2) We liked the smaller boutique size of the Jimbaran as opposed to the larger hotels we found on this site such as the Intercontinental and the Conrad. and 3) the reviews on the site were outstanding!

Upon arriving in Bali, we were promptly picked up at the airport by the hotel's transportation as we requested, driven to the hotel, and welcomed with cold towels (which are amazing after 27 hours on a plane and 80 degree weather at night), and cold drinks. My wife and I were planning on asking for an upgrade from our garden cottage suite to a beach garden suite as American Express provides an upgrade if there is availability, and it was our honeymoon. Instead, the hotel took it upon themselves to upgrade to the highest level room, the pool villa, without us even having to ask. I cannot tell you how beautiful the pool villa was. It was beyond our wildest dreams. A 25 foot private pool with fountain, sun bathing area, bale bed, giant room with excellent airconditioning and well designed.

The accomodations and facilities are absolutely beautiful, and the hotel is right on the beach (which is rare for Jimbaran. Some other hotels have seating behind shrubberies without a clear view of the water. The jimbaran puri bali has numerous huts on the beach by the foot of the water, with comfortable lounge chairs. We never had a problem finding an open one. For beach people like us, you cannot beat the set-up. There is also a magnificent pool if you are into that.

The food was the best we had in Bali. Sure it's pricier than the surrounding areas (check out Manega cafe, 10 minute walk down the beach for amazing cheap grilled seafood), but it was at a level that I didn't mind paying the extra money. Every meal was excellent and the presentation was that of a fine restaurant. You rarely find presentation and quality of ingredients like we did at the hotel.

What separated this hotel from any other hotel I've ever stayed at in Bali was the service. I've stayed at many of the luxury brand hotels throughout the world (Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons...). This hotel has service that rivaled and even surpassed those hotels. From the guy who sets up your lounge chairs, the gardeners, all the way up to the guest relations manager, everyone treats you like the most important guest in the hotel. They will always great you with a smile and a genuine "hello, good morning"

Speaking of the guest relations manager...Lia was absolutely amazing. She was by far the best service professional I have ever encountered in a hotel. She genuinely cared about us having a great time, being comfortable, and experiencing all Bali had to offer. I had never left a hotel and actually missed the people from the hotel until I left the Jimbaran Puri Bali. They all make you feel like you are family. Coming from NYC where it is completely opposite, it was quite refreshing. We booked a package that included quite a few meals and activities, and the staff would remind us of what parts of our package we hadn't used on a daily basis so that we wouldnt miss what was included in our package. Find me another hotel that would do that.

I could write a novel about how memorable the experience was but I will save you the trouble of having to read it. All you should know is that this place will not disappoint you! I know you are reading this and are skeptical about its legitimacy because I haven't made one negative point, but I am being 100% truthful in saying that there was no negative. Actually, there is one....the sun was too hot. They really need to find a way to turn the temparature down. ;) This place is the perfect mix between balinese culture, large resort amenities, and small boutique hotel comfort and quiet.

Bali is not an easy place to get to from NYC but I highly advise going and experiencing all the Island has to offer including this hotel in particular.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed in villa 75 for 5 nights in March and had a wonderful time. We were met at the airport and when we arrived at JPB our butler, Hendrick, was outside waiting to greet us. A quick check-in and tour and by the time we got to our villa our suitcases were already there. We went for a drink at the lovely beach bar while Hendrick unpacked for us - loved that! The villa was amazing - every need was catered for - it felt like our own home on the beach, and to have a private swimming pool was bliss. The butlers were endlessly helpful and friendly, the food at both restaurants was great and we loved the sundowner cocktails at half price! There was a little trash in the ocean, but people worked hard to keep the beach clean. The package we booked had so many benefits we didn't even manage to use all of them but we still felt we got a really good deal. All in all we had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Augsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

We never had such a friendly welcome! And like the welcome is the hotel. We had a One-Bedroom-Pool-Villa and it was quite perfect. A big villa, with a big garden. Very friendly staff, very clean!!! And the villas are more than beautiful.
We are sure we'll come back. We enjoyed our holiday very very much.
Thanks Jimbaran Puri Bali - we love it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Loerrach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

This lovely hotel has it all: beautiful grounds, a private beach, no shortage of sunbeds, a wonderful pool, lovely villas with private gardens and very friendly and attentive staff. The hotel upgraded me before I could even ask for it. My personal highlight: the huge library with plenty of books. The resort is an oasis of tranquility and I loved every minute of my stay. I also enjoyed visiting the close-by village and its market as well as the local seafood beach restaurants in the vicinity. However, environmental pollution is affecting this resort too: the sea was at times full of rubbish and acrid smoke from local fires were unpleasant in the afternoon.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Lyon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

For our second stay in Jimbaran Puri Bali (1st one was 14 years ago for our honeymoon), we were happy to confirm our first impression: it's a beautiful place, with fantastic sunset, very calm - but without having to wisper- gardens are exceptional and very well kept, the rooms, in pure balinese style including great bathroom, are comfortable and very well decorated. We visited the new pool villas and can tell they are magnificent (for our next stay!). What we most enjoyed was the quality and kindness of the staff: wether in front desk, around the pool, in the spa, bar or in both excellent restaurants, people in Puri Bali are just nice, kind, simple, helpful. A special thanks to Lia, guests relations, for her help during our stay and her kindness with our 9 years old daughter.
Our only disappointment was related to the sea: in this season (February), the water is dirty. Better swim in the pool!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have a two week honeymoon at this beautiful hotel. The whole experience was just perfect after the hustle bustle of a wedding in the UK and then a whistle stop tour of a hot and humid Singapore.

The hotel is quiet with the capital Q; however, this is just what we were looking for. If you’re after something a little more adventurous than lazing around the pool or beach with an armful of books everyday, there are plenty of excursions to take part in and places to see.

The bedrooms were spacious, spotlessly clean and have a private courtyard. A cool solace at the end of a hot day!

The food within the hotel is fantastic and of a very high standard but it is a little pricey. My recommendation would be to wander to the seafood restaurants just down the beach for a bite to eat at lunchtime or for dinner - the food is wonderful and the atmosphere great. There’s a band walking round playing music for all the diners which is very entertaining and rather comical (although I don't think the latter is intentional!)

I would 100% recommend this hotel, the food is excellent, staff are extremely friendly and will do anything for you, the location is simply stunning, cocktails marvelous and sunsets to die for. I used the spa a few times; the therapists were lovely and the treatments out of this world!

I can't wait to go back.....i'd better start saving....!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Pros:

-One of the best hotel rooms we have experienced in the world. It was tastefully done, roomy and the bathroom were wonderful. For the price you pay the rooms are fabulous.
-Great location next to the Intercontinental and a short stroll on the beach from the Four Seasons. The three seafood warung areas are accessible from Puri's beach. Some are closer than others. We preferred the prices and location of the middle ones and like the people who run Warung Bamboo.
-Friendly and for the most part a delightful staff except for the Customer Relations Manager who had poor listening skills and was beyond loquacious
-A short 20 minute cab ride to the airport
-It's located on the west coast so you can catch the sunset and watch the sun melt into the Indian Ocean

Cons:
-When staying in high end resorts keep in mind that the hotel will charge you 10% service charge and then a 11% tax on top of what you're shelling out to them. To avoid this book through a third party such as Agoda. We did so we only ended up the dreaded 21% on spa treatments, room service and food.
-Jimbaran is pricey but look around and you'll find all the best hotels in Bali are in Jimbaran
-The resort charge San Francisco standards for food, drinks and room service. We were a little shocked for Bali standards. You will also found this at other resort restaurants as well.
-The beach is a bit polluted and laced with trash from the local fishing community. On most strolls I saw light bulbs, remnants of sandals, empty bottle and lots of plastic. If you leave the confines of the Puri beach you'll quickly realized that this is not paradise. The Intercontinental next door has a grand beach but they have a hard time maintaining it.
-The Northen most set of warungs are over pricey and we did not see why they wanted to charge almost resort prices despite being no where close in standards, ambiance and cleanliness of the resorts.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Belmond Jimbaran Puri? Share your experiences!