“Good choice in Jimbaran” 4 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Jimbaran
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Palo Alto, CA
“Good choice in Jimbaran”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As a preface, we normally stay in Four Seasons and St. Regis properties. But during the holidays, those properties were asking a fortune to stay so we decided on the Jimbaran Puri. The location is simply beautiful. You can lounge on sofa beds on the beach watching the waves lapping and your feet. Nothing could have been more relaxing or more romantic.
The property is also very pretty - but very small. I enjoyed the small part as I felt like we were in Bali and not some gigantic resort.
The breakfast was also very good and served some local specialties.
This is not a Four Seasons or St. Regis, though. The rooms are comfortable and very Bali-esque, but not the opulence that I expect in a five star hotel. I would recommend staying here for the Bali setting and for the price. But if you have the money, go to Four Seasons Jimbaran. We went for spa treatments there and were immediately jealous of the property.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Good choice in Jimbaran....

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience.
All my team and I will be waiting for your next visit!

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was one of several properties we stayed at and it was the most down to earth. The villa was giant and spacious with a large living room, ENORMOUS yard area, and a great sized pool. The beach front was lovely and the breakfast we had was great. we ordered in some pasta for our two year old for dinner and it was large and tasty (ok I ate a lot of it too..). I would recommend this as a greta place to stay, the staff are lovely, the location is great (a short stroll down the beach has you eating seafood at tables on the sand) The villas are all reasonably close together so if you are looking for that exclusive boutique minimal villa sort of thing, this may not be your ideal location. But if you are looking for a high end villa in a great location, with greta staff - you're in luck. I would definitely stay here again. We did not actually see the rooms or cabins that are also offered agt this property so my perspective is from the villa's only.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
The villa was giant and spacious with a large living room, ENORMOUS yard area, and a great sized pool....

Thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure to exceed your expectations.
Please let me know if you decide to come back, I will be pleased to assist you with your reservation.

Bern, Schweiz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights in a Garden View Cottage Suite and had almost all of our meals at the hotel.

On the upside:
Direct access to the beach.
Sunbeds, lounge beds and umbrellas in the beach and pool area.
Spacious rooms, nicely decorated in traditional Balinese style.
Good food in the restaurants.
Nice stylish atmosphere.
Very good breakfast buffet with a large choice of fresh fruit, juices, bread and pastries.

So - So:
Nice bungalows, rather close one to the other. We were lucky that it was the low season and the adjacent rooms seemed to be empty.
Service did vary from person to person in attentiveness. Before we left I was sitting in the outdoor lobby, reading. A staff member from the reception asked me if I would like some drinking water, which really pleased me. Unfortunately, the drinking water ended up at a different table with an artist setting up an exhibition in the lobby area.
We asked for yoga lessons and they had to be prebooked one day in advance at a very high price, so we chose to not take any.
Limited choice of massages in the spa.
The beach can get really crowded with local people and lots of stray dogs. We found the locals on the beach adding liveliness to the scene but it clearly isn't the same for everyone.
The dogs aren't aggressive, but leave their excrement which is unpleasant. If one would want to have dinner at one of the nearby beach restaurants, we would strongly advise taking a flash light for the way home.
Watching the planes taking off and landing on the nearby airport is entertaining and for our taste the noise was tolerable, again: could be perceived differently by other people.

Low:
Food and drinks were extremely expensive. Yes, good food, but way too expensive. With various restaurants in the vincinity on the beach this is not a good idea. Most guests obviously chose to eat outside. We were just too lazy to do so.
It seems that the management presses on the staff to sell as much as possible. Being asked many times during a meal whether we would like to buy more drinks is just obtrusive and doesn't help with the atmosphere. Worst was our "welcome manager", who leaned heavily on us to make us book a special dinner with Balinese dance performance right on our arrival. He just stopped short of telling us what ignorant idiots we would be to not wanting to watch this performance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing with us your comments, all your reviews are important for us.
When I read yours I do really regret that I did not have the opportunity to speak with you and hear them directly during your stay or even before your departure, I would have immediately done my best to change your less positive feeling, now I can only feel really sorry if you had such experience with us.
I have addressed all your points to all my departments, and I can assure you that we will work to improve all of them.
If you allow me I would like also to share with you that our beach is usually one of the most quite public beach in Bali, and is true that in the late afternoon, especially on Sundays, it becomes an alive place with Balinese families and friends, enjoying the beach, but always with respect.
For my Team at the restaurant and front office, I am sad to hear that you kept such a less positive impression about them, as usually I have great feedback, as you can read in the other reviews. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenient or discomfort you may have had during your stay. Sometimes they may appear a little too much pushy, but I can assure you that is more a matter of "over enthusiasm", than to make you uncomfortable. They are really concern by the well-being of the guests and they work with their heart.
Of course I will work with them on this aspect. I hope you will give us another opportunity to prove to you that we deserve your trust, and we are better than your first impression.
If you decide to come back please do not hesitate to contact me personally I will assist you in your booking.

Terima Kasih (Thank you !)

Resident Manager
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

the property is on the beach owned by orient express and has excellent villas . we stayed one night but the property is amazing. only jimbaran not as developed as kuta or seminayak. the hotel as bar almost on the beach. worth a stay.

Room Tip: try to stay in the near the beach as villas over number 50 is a long walk from beach .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
worth a stay...

You are right you had a too short stay, we will be then expecting you for more nights the next time!
If you need some assistance with your future and longer stay, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I will be pleased to assist you.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

From the moment we were collected at the airport our every need was taken care of. The villa was amazing, and truly made us feel as though we were staying in the heart of Bali. We could hear the waves breaking from our windows.

The pool is relaxing, and the beach had plenty of beach beds and lounge chairs with staff frequently visiting with a fresh towel or cool complementary drink.

I cannot say enough about the food. Being a big foodie during an international relocation I was dying for some fine dining and I was absolutely blown away with each of our meals. I had read that they were overpriced, but we certainly felt like the meals we had were well worth what we paid. (However if you prefer something less expensive it is a quick walk along the beach to grilled/BBQ seafood restaurants!! We only left one night because we loved the resort so much but on that evening we had a great meal of seafood and drinks for around $40 USD)

The beach spa was wonderful, right on the beach so you are able to hear the waves, yet private so that treatments are comfortable.

We would go back in a heartbeat- cannot say enough good things about the staff and the experience they provided us with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
My husband and I were forced to delay our honeymoon a few months due to an international move from the US to Singapore. Jimbaran Puri Bali was certainly worth the wait! ....

Congratulations again for your wedding and we all will be waiting for your return!
Meanwhile thank you for sharing with us your review and I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need with your future reservations!

Terima Kasih ! (Thank you!)

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Much like our stay at the sister hotel, Ubud Hanging Gardens, our experience at the Jimbaran Puri Bali was very special indeed. With a small number of cottages and private villas this luxury resort feels almost 'home-like'. The welcome from the staff, who are excellent, makes you feel so comfortable. They are genuinely friendly and know you by name almost instantly. It is the little things like remembering how you take your coffee, where you like to lay out on the beach and what time you like to come and go from your villa, that make you realize - the staff pay attention to everything in order to make your time with them as perfect as can be.

We stayed in a beach front cottage with a pool. The accommodations were lovely, private and well attended by the housekeeping staff. We have no complaints whatsoever. We were very close to the beach - as close as one can get without getting wet. Sleeping at night to the rhythmic crashing of the waves is something that I find very soothing. We read on TA that some people noted a disturbance of other guests walking outside the beachfront cottages or noises from the beach. We did not experience this at all during our stay. We actually enjoy privacy and quiet more than anything when selecting a location and I would have noticed had there been an issue.

We had Balinese massages every day. Sure you can get massages locally for a lot less money but we actually enjoy the pampering and convenience of using the hotel facilities. The massage therapists were professional and very sweet to us. It is a lovely feeling to be in the massage suite at the same time as hearing the ocean and feeling ocean breezes. There was plenty of privacy at the same time as offering an 'outdoor' massage experience. The spa also offers poolside and beach massage services but we did not participate in that offering.

Upon arrival we had a delicious lunch at the hotel's seafood restaurant. I had traditional cuisine but my partner had a burger. I must say that burger looked delicious and I almost regretted not ordering it! We dined at the hotel on our first night. Unfortunately we were so tired and still full from lunch. We did not enjoy the experience as much as we would have liked for those two reasons. I almost canceled our reservation because we were exhausted (exhausted from doing nothing, might I add!). But we continued with our reservation. The setting and location was lovely. We both opted for fish dishes that were beautifully presented. Service was very attentive.

The following evenings we ate at the seafood restaurants down the beach which were delicious, very well priced and a convenient 10 minute walk on the sand from the Jimbaran Puri Bali. Cost of food and beer were obviously much cheaper than the hotel and this was appealing to us. The fresh fish at the hotel was very expensive compared to the local restaurants but that is to be expected. I do wonder if the hotel reduced their food prices somewhat whether more guests would dine there - without question the hotel setting is sublime but dining each night at the hotel seafood restaurant could prove rather expensive. But its all a matter of personal choice. At least the hotel has several restaurant options and some guests like eating at the hotel. Other guests, like us, are a little more adventurous and in which case, the beach seafood restaurants provide a nice alternative.

Agung, the wonderful front house manager, is a delight. As is Lia, the Guest Relations Manager. Agung took the time to show us the private villas on the property. They are very nice indeed offering the ultimate in privacy and usable personal space. I think on a future visit we would splurge and treat ourselves to one of the villas. Although the accommodations elsewhere on the resort are all very good indeed. The hotel shows signs of wear and tear but in an appropriate way for the setting. I hope that comment makes sense to the reader. It was not a negative in our opinion. The decor also has a rather unique Balinese look and feel to it which we really liked. It was a factor in choosing this hotel for us.

The beach is really quite lovely. The sand in front of our hotel is clean and this is because each resort is responsible for cleaning their section of the beach. But other areas of Jimbaran beach can get a little trashed up, which is a shame. The sunsets are lovely and the local children pour onto the beach late in the afternoons to play for a short spell. It is really nice to watch them play and run about in the shallows of the water. The waves were quite rough at times during our visit although we did go into the ocean but preferred to spend most of our time in the lovely pool at the hotel - and also our own private pool. Please note the hotel pool is deep - it is 1.9m for most of the pool and only 1.6m in the shallow end.

We would definitely come back and stay at the Jimbaran Puri Bali and highly recommend it for those seeking a little bit of Balinese luxury on the beach. Unlike some of the other luxury properties in the area, the Jimbaran Puri Bali has direct beach access and this is definitely a great feature. For what its worth, now we have stayed at both Orient Express properties we are pleased we chose to do jungle first and beach second.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The welcome from the staff, who are excellent, makes you feel so comfortable. They are genuinely friendly and know you by name almost instantly.....

On behalf of my Team, thank you for such a wonderful comments, we will continue to work hard to exceed our Guest's expectations.
I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need with your future reservation.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Taken me a while to review this lovely hotel. A1 service from pick up at the airport (with my bike for Bali Triathlon) to the day we checked out. 4 nights of bliss in a Garden villa, perfect gardens, amazing pool and beach. Clean beach and sunbeds, with quiet, attentive but unobtrusive service. No bogans, no louts, just quiet peaceful relaxing hotel.

Not cheap, but the best.

Loved it so much we are booked to go back in February.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

And we will continue to improve! Meanwhile thank you very much for your comments.
Remaining at your disposal for any assistance you may need in a near future for your next reservation.

The Management

Been to Belmond Jimbaran Puri? Share your experiences!