The InterContinental Bali gets guests to feel and experience some aspect of "Bali" culture the moment you step in to the hotel. This is because of the large traditionally inspired lobby (albeit not air-conditioned), but mainly because of the stone carvings and statues surrounding the bridge and swimming pool areas which look fantastic at night.
The room and furniture though, are rather dated in general The air conditioning in our room for example, was not enough to remove the tropical heat from the room at night. Good thing they also had a ceiling fan in-room that helped cool things down. They did provide modern amenities in the room like a flat-screen TV among other things.
For a big hotel and supposedly one of the best in the areas, I therefore felt that the hotel best played up their architecture and design, and not so much the actual room quality themselves.
Aside from that though, their service was quite good in general. Breakfast spread was quite decent and it is overall not a bad choice for a hotel in Bali.
p.s. Personally I am not a fan of open-air non-airconditioned hotel lobbies and room corridors so I did not enjoy that aspect of the hotel...but I believe many guests actually enjoy the warm tropical air.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Bali
- Bali Intercontinental
- InterContinental Bali Resort Jimbaran
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded within the boundaries of the exclusive neighbourhood of Jimbaran Bay on Bali's southern coastline, InterContinental Bali Resort embraces 14 hectares (35 acres) of tropical landscape. Blessed with an endless stretch of white sandy beachfront as its stunning backdrop, the resort integrates ornamental ponds, a winding lagoon and aesthetic stonework. Suspended between heaven and earth, this 418 luxury room resort was designed to blend modern convenience with elements of traditional Balinese architecture. Complementary Wifi ServiceWifi service is available throughout the Resort covering all room, suites , meeting facilities, public areas and even the beach. bandwidth coverage of 12MB is one of the largest on the island of Bali with over 150 wireless internet point spread across the propertyThere is an obvious sensitivity towards the surrounding environment, whilst respecting the rich culture of the island, its fine artistry and Hindu heritage. InterContinental Bali Resort has an alluring appeal with just enough versatility to cater to the needs of couples, families and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your InterContinental Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.